Ardell Brow & Lash Growth Accelerator Treatment Gel

Price: $

Price: $

INGREDIENTS: Water (aqua), Paeonia Suffruticosa Extract, Panthenol, Polytetrafluoroethylene, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, VP/DMAPA Acrylates Copolymer, Polyquaternium 37, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate Dicaprate, PPG-1 Trideceth-6, Ricinus Communis Seed Oil (Castor), Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, DMDM Hydantoin

on 11/10/2011 7:59:00 PM

I got fake eyelashes put on for a wedding, and when I pulled them off it took a good amount of my real eyelashes with them. I bought ardell brow and lash excel and within the first week I saw a definite difference! My lashes are fuller, and a bit longer. For the price you absolutely can not beat it! Will definitely be buying again!!

on 11/6/2011 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I really wanted to believe in this because it has so many good reviews. I think that it was a good lash conditioner, it made my lashes really soft. I didn't see any changes in my lashes though. I have sort of sparse, but very long unruly lashes.(for reference)

on 11/6/2011 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this off of Amazon for $4 for two, plus shipping, so a total of $8.

I'm wondering if mine are old or something, because instead of the purple label, its clear?
Anyway since using this, I haven't noticed any thickness or length.
In fact, my lashes have been falling out more it seems :( FALLING OUT. Ugh.
I'm going to stop using this for awhile (I have been using it for about a week) and see if they'll stop falling out.

I already have no lashes (Asian lashes) so this is most upsetting.

I think I'll switch over to Vaseline and see if that does anything.

Waste of money. Does anyone else's smell weird? Maybe it was just the ones I bought.

on 11/2/2011 9:36:00 AM

I thought i would give this a try since its cheap but i wasn't expecting much or for it to work at all ... I've only been using it for 3 days and my eyelashes are bigger and there getting thicker too ....this stuff really works fast.

on 10/20/2011 6:48:00 AM

I had lash extensions for a wedding and they left my lashes short and stubby. I heard of this on MUA and had to try it.

I've applied this with Ardell's Lash and Brow Excel each night for 3 weeks. I've noticed my lashes have begun to get to their normal length and my outer corner lashes are noticeably longer than before using. This has become part of my everyday night routine, great product.

on 10/17/2011 10:09:00 PM

I have always had long, thick eyelashes but then again I've always stayed away from waterproof mascara. Last summer I started experimenting with it because I wanted to be "low maintainence" with my makeup. Well as it turns out its a pain to get off and my lashes would break and thin from wearing it. I randomly read about this product on here and after reading one positive review after the next I decided I needed to purchase a tube. A few reviewers said it was discontinued so I was worried but I found it right away at Fred Meyer's. I started using it that night after taking off my makeup before going to bed. I would forget some times but would try and remember to put it on both my lashes and eyebrows. It wasn't long before my lashes were back to their original length and thickness and now they are longer and thicker than they were before.
Before I started using this my lashes made me sad to look at. I was buying and using tons of mascara to build them up because all the water proof stuff made them so stiff they were like icicles snapping off (it was CG Lashblast waterproof by the way, don't buy it).
I also bought Rimmel Lash Accelerator at the same time and have been using it as well, so its hard to say which made more of an impact, but if you're looking for a good way to make your lashes grow, use this at night and Rimmel by day. It made a dramatic difference and I will keep doing it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I purchased this in August and have nearly finished my first tube so I decided it was time to write a review. I applied this to my upper and lower lashes as well as my brows every night directly before bed. I did miss a couple nights but not enough to affect anything. Let me begin by saying that I started out with fairly long, thick lashes. I've always been told that it appears that I'm wearing false lashes when I have mascara on. I noticed they were thinning out, however, so I bought this. I have to say that it does work, I think. My lashes are significantly thicker and surprisingly they seem even longer. My upper lashes are nearly 1/2" long and my once sparse lower lashes have multiplied in dozens and are nearly 1/4" long. I also started growing what appeared to be a second upper lasg row containing a few hairs. I apply my product directly to my lashes like mascara and also dip a q-tip in the tube and apply it to my upper lash roots.

I love it because it conditions so well. My lashes are stronger, longer and definitely healthier. I took one 'lippie' off because it smells AWFUL and stings horribly if you get it in your eyes.

I didn't notice any change in my eyebrows, but I wasn't really going for changes there so no big deal!

on 9/13/2011 4:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Great product! I use it for both brows and lashes and you see results after a couple of days. It more so conditions your hairs and keeps them thick and aids in growth.

on 9/10/2011 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Honestly, I haven't been using this product consistently enough to notice how it effects the growth of my lashes, but I find it to be an excellent lash conditioner and brow gel.

on 9/7/2011 1:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

OMG this stuff works for me. No joke. It really works. I have been using it for about a week and no joke, my lashes are longer and thicker. What used to take two kinds of mascara and a primer now takes one coat and no primer!!! I thought BS no way a four buck thing could do this but yeah, forreal, it works!!!

EDIT 02/09/12: So I stopped using this for a few reasons. One, it seemed to peak and then fail. (dammit, all my reviews sound dirty lately). What I mean is my lashes were long, but even though I was faithfully using the Ardell, they slowly reverted to their normal kinda-short, kinda-not-lush, kinda-POS state. Dang.

The second reason is the smell. The last (and I mean LAST) time I used it, I washed my face, applied my usual lotions n' potions, then put on a few coats of this and hopped into bed.

Now let me preface this by saying that hubby is a pretty tolerant guy. He doesn't hassle me too much about my beauty notions, including the stint where I had tape on my forehead every night for months on end, trying to banish the forehead vertical frown lines (sadly, didn't work). The baking soda in a jar in the shower, the funk of at-home hair dye, the incessant plucking of eyebrows, the smell of nail polish wafting into the bedroom...

But when I bounced into bed with this stuff on - for the LAST time - he made a face and said, through gritted teeth, "I don't know what the hell you've got on, but the MANK is UNBEARABLE. PLEASE WASH IT OFF." I promptly bounced out of bed and stuck my nose in the Ardell tube where - horror! - the vinegary, chemical smell caused me to sneeze. Twice. Obviously the tube had gone off and me, in my "gotta go to bed now" state, didn't even catch it. Must be why it stopped working, because it DIED in there.

And I was putting that on my poor defenseless lashes. No wonder they went on a hunger strike.

However, there is a happy ending...castor oil applied at the roots with an eyeliner brush has picked up where Ardell left off. Lengthening, thickening, and strengthening are all happening with this oil. And it's a huge amount of oil for less than five bucks that I'll be using until I'm 80 if I don't get hit by a bus first.

Left the review at three lippies because it did work for a while, but the fail at the end caused the demise of the original review.

Top Rated Ardell Products