October 25, 2014 | 1836 users online

Lash Treatments - Ardell - Brow & Lash Growth Accelerator Treatment Gel

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2011 4:39:00 AM More reviews by liddoe_anny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great product! I use it for both brows and lashes and you see results after a couple of days. It more so conditions your hairs and keeps them thick and aids in growth.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2011 7:04:00 PM More reviews by PaleBrunette

Honestly, I haven't been using this product consistently enough to notice how it effects the growth of my lashes, but I find it to be an excellent lash conditioner and brow gel.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2011 1:17:00 AM More reviews by threejane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

OMG this stuff works for me. No joke. It really works. I have been using it for about a week and no joke, my lashes are longer and thicker. What used to take two kinds of mascara and a primer now takes one coat and no primer!!! I thought BS no way a four buck thing could do this but yeah, forreal, it works!!!

EDIT 02/09/12: So I stopped using this for a few reasons. One, it seemed to peak and then fail. (dammit, all my reviews sound dirty lately). What I mean is my lashes were long, but even though I was faithfully using the Ardell, they slowly reverted to their normal kinda-short, kinda-not-lush, kinda-POS state. Dang.

The second reason is the smell. The last (and I mean LAST) time I used it, I washed my face, applied my usual lotions n' potions, then put on a few coats of this and hopped into bed.

Now let me preface this by saying that hubby is a pretty tolerant guy. He doesn't hassle me too much about my beauty notions, including the stint where I had tape on my forehead every night for months on end, trying to banish the forehead vertical frown lines (sadly, didn't work). The baking soda in a jar in the shower, the funk of at-home hair dye, the incessant plucking of eyebrows, the smell of nail polish wafting into the bedroom...

But when I bounced into bed with this stuff on - for the LAST time - he made a face and said, through gritted teeth, "I don't know what the hell you've got on, but the MANK is UNBEARABLE. PLEASE WASH IT OFF." I promptly bounced out of bed and stuck my nose in the Ardell tube where - horror! - the vinegary, chemical smell caused me to sneeze. Twice. Obviously the tube had gone off and me, in my "gotta go to bed now" state, didn't even catch it. Must be why it stopped working, because it DIED in there.

And I was putting that on my poor defenseless lashes. No wonder they went on a hunger strike.

However, there is a happy ending...castor oil applied at the roots with an eyeliner brush has picked up where Ardell left off. Lengthening, thickening, and strengthening are all happening with this oil. And it's a huge amount of oil for less than five bucks that I'll be using until I'm 80 if I don't get hit by a bus first.

Left the review at three lippies because it did work for a while, but the fail at the end caused the demise of the original review.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2011 2:08:00 AM More reviews by starlessecho

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I just bought three more tubes of this after trying the one my sister passed to me. My lashes are pretty long for an Asian girl, so I didn't think much of using this product at first. I later realized that my lower lashes were really short though. So, I tried the Ardell Brow & Lash Growth Accelerator on my upper and lower lashes, and the parts of my eyebrow that were more sparse.

This worked amazingly! My lower lashes are now twice their original length and even starting to curl outwards! The sparse areas of my brow (particularly the ends and a part I was trying to grow out to get straight brows) were already getting denser.

I recommend buying online from Madame Madeline for the best price ($3.25 each or 3 for $8.25, shipping $3.50 to Canada). Such a wonderful product at a great price~

One con is that the brush doesn't reach all the way to the bottom of the tube so you can't get it all out completely. Another is that sometimes the product gathers at the end of the brush and smears on your face if you're not careful.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2011 10:16:00 PM More reviews by AlyssMei

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this after reading the rave reviews on it. Hey, it was only $4.00 so what the heck?

Best decision ever! It's easy to apply, just like mascara, but clear. I applied some to my eyebrows, which were a bit skimpy and in the morning they were a tad bit darker! After about four days, the color has really darkened, and they are nice and full.

My eyelashes are great and beautiful! I used to have skimpy, thin "asian" eyelashes, but now they are long and thick and healthy! They curl perfectly too, and my previously non-existant lower lashes are making an appearance! YAY!!

I also use Vaseline, which is a great way to keep your eyelashes healthy.

The only CON is that the original price is like $3.99 or something, but you can only buy it from Drugstore.com (believe me, I looked EVERYWHERE!) and the shipping is like $6.00. So...a bit of a bummer.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2011 2:29:00 AM More reviews by laurensa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This was my first time using any type of lash enhancer, so I decided to go for the cheapest one before I splurged on some of the more pricey ones. I'm Asian, and have short, thin eyelashes. I applied this every night (I found using it during the day with my regular mascara made my lashes very clumpy) and in less than a week I was seeing noticeable results. It's been a little over 2 weeks now, and they just keep getting longer and thicker! I've always had short, thin lashes, and this just worked so incredibly well...not sure how it work for someone who already has medium to very thick lashes... I am a big fan of this and would recommend this to everyone. Oh, and it's like, $4.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2011 11:05:00 PM More reviews by HoneyXOXOXO

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used this daily and thought it was okay as well. I noticed my lashes looked more conditioned and were def softer. I think they may have looked a bit longer but were not thicker. Sometimes it bothered my eyes but most days it was fine. I also tried it on my brows and didn't see a big difference growth-wise. I think this stuff is great for conditioning/maintaning beautiful lashes/brows but not for growth. Just simply taking biotin works much better for me. I also thought it would be good as a brow gel to hold them in place but it wasn't good for that either. I wouldn't repurchase it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2011 3:01:00 PM More reviews by jjlover

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it's alright I guess, nothing amazing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2011 4:10:00 PM More reviews by makeupaddict76

Since I'm pregnant I need to find something to replace my Latisse. I purchased this at rite aid for only $5. I've been using this every night for 2 months and I haven't seen any changes to my lashes. There's no length and growth to my lashes. I'm still gonna try to finish the product and hope for a miracle.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2011 2:05:00 PM More reviews by rkah

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got amazing results in under a week, but I must've overdone it, because one eye developed a dark streak (like eye liner) on it and was red and swollen for a couple of days. But I just didn't use the product for a couple of days and now am using it just once instead of twice a day. Great results!