Clinique Superpowder Double Face Makeup

3.8

new:: Talc, Isostearyl Linoleate, Titanium Dioxide, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Trimyristin, Alumina, Methicone, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate.May Contain: Mica, Iron Oxides, Manganese Violet, Red 30 Lake, Carmine, Bismuth Oxychloride, Red 7 Lake, Ultramarines

on 6/13/2012 9:16:00 PM

I prefer this over BE's mineral veil. I've only used three different types of finishing powder, this, mineral veil and the one from garden botanika. It's too sheer in coverage for me to use it as a foundation but works for me over clinique's continuous coverage foundation/concealer. I have combination/dry skin so it wears long enough for me but won't last through the pouring rain. The continuous coverage doesn't seem to dry so this does a wonderful job as setting it. It has a matte finish but not so much to tell I'm wearing MU. I use the sponge that comes with the compact in a press n roll method and it leaves a nice finish. I really like that it's compact so I can travel without worrying about it getting messy like the MV.

on 6/3/2012 9:54:00 AM

I want to preface this review by saying that I really do not give one lippie reviews lightly. A product has to *really* fail me if I'm giving it such a low rating. And this product really did...I cannot believe that a department store brand like Clinique, which has a decent lineup of products, would produce such crap.

This was sold to me as a product offering sheer coverage, usable as a very sheer foundation or a setting powder for a liquid foundation. I wanted to use it as a setting powder over my medium-coverage foundation. I thought the compact would be convenient for touch ups during the day. I've been using it for almost a month now, and I always apply with a kabuki brush. At this point, I am ready to ditch the product or give it to someone for whom it works better.

For me, this does nothing to prevent shine or hold my makeup in place. I have an oily t-zone, and dry skin on the rest of my face. When used for t-zone touch ups on a warm (not crazy hot or humid, just warm) day, I find that my skin looks shiny again less than 30 minutes after application. I have this problem even if I blot a lot before applying the powder. So, unless I reapply constantly (which would make my face look caked with powder), I look like a greaseball. The only good thing I can say about this product is that it doesn't sink into dry areas or fine lines very much. But I need it to actually *work*, and it just doesn't! Even drugstore powder from Revlon does a better job for me than this stuff.

on 5/31/2012 11:35:00 AM

I am very pale. I have this in 01 Matte Ivory and it is just a teeny bit too dark, not so much I have a line or will discontiue use. I do not wear this over liquid foundation - I don't need that much coverage. I also do not wear alone as a foundation because I think it looks un-natural built up that way. I do wear it over a tinted moisturizer, or as of now, over the Clinique BB cream. I apply very lightly to set with a small brush. I very much like it for this. It provides extra coverage and a matte finish in my t-zone where I need it and I leave it off my cheeks and temples where I don't need the extra coverage so my skin still looks radiant. I will repurchase.

on 5/14/2012 11:22:00 AM

i wish this was my hg powder compact because its clinique so im expecting it to be an excellent product, but i was disappointed because this doesn't work for me...it gives me just a sheer coverage which i don't like and i don't feel the matte effect that im looking for...i once use this to set my revlon colorstay liquid foundation, and wasn't satisfied because i can still feel the stickiness and see some shine on my face. The only thing i like about this is the sleek packaging that looks elegant but other than that i wont repurchase.

on 4/28/2012 4:17:00 PM

I never go anywhere without this! I mainly use this as a touch up powder throughout the day or as a layer over my foundation if I want extra coverage. It's the best! It looks really natural without that cakey, powdery mask feel that other pressed powders tend to have. It's nice and matte on my oily t-zone and does not break me out. Staying power is great and you don't need to use a lot so it lasts forever!
Giant plus for the super pretty, retro packaging! Looks like my grandmas bathroom tiles. I love it!

on 4/19/2012 9:51:00 PM

I only use this as a powder and I really love this. I have been using this for years and have no desire to try anything else. Gives very nice thick full coverage, but I also use a foundation underneath. Its wonderful. def. recommend this product.

on 4/19/2012 5:19:00 PM

I use this powder over the make up for many years. It helps to cover well any imperfections and skin is looking good.

on 3/22/2012 6:13:00 PM

This product USED to be my HG powder. It was a perfect colour match, kept me from looking too oily and all was nice. But then Clinique went and changed pretty much ALL of their makeup formulations to contain Lecithin. As in Soy Lecithin.

I'm incredibly allergic to soy and it makes my skin break out. There are a LOT of people allergic to soy, so I think it's unconscionable of Clinique to claim their products are allergy tested while including an ingredient millions of people are allergic to.

on 3/14/2012 9:22:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Bought this to set my teint idole ultra 24hr foundation, and does its job perfectly.
It stops shine but doesn't look cakey or dull the natural semi dewy finish of my foundation. Only need to touch up once or twice during the day :)
Lancome's powders are $86 AUD, and I just can't justify spending that much on powder lol, so cliniques pricetag of $50 is alot more appealing, especially since it's great quality and everything I want in a powder!
Love

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

i love this face powder. i don't need much coverage but for the little that i need on a regular day out its perfect. on a night that i go out it's quite build able and gives a good coverage too without getting cakey or nasty looking. it leaves my skin looking natural, and smooth.
i like to mainly use it for my redness on my cheeks and it definitively tones it down to almost invisible just a bit pink which is OK bc then i don't need blush hehe..