September 23, 2014 | 2101 users online

Powder - Clinique - Superpowder Double Face Makeup

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2012 11:22:00 AM More reviews by elleglam

i wish this was my hg powder compact because its clinique so im expecting it to be an excellent product, but i was disappointed because this doesn't work for me...it gives me just a sheer coverage which i don't like and i don't feel the matte effect that im looking for...i once use this to set my revlon colorstay liquid foundation, and wasn't satisfied because i can still feel the stickiness and see some shine on my face. The only thing i like about this is the sleek packaging that looks elegant but other than that i wont repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2012 4:17:00 PM More reviews by PhatMuffin

I never go anywhere without this! I mainly use this as a touch up powder throughout the day or as a layer over my foundation if I want extra coverage. It's the best! It looks really natural without that cakey, powdery mask feel that other pressed powders tend to have. It's nice and matte on my oily t-zone and does not break me out. Staying power is great and you don't need to use a lot so it lasts forever!
Giant plus for the super pretty, retro packaging! Looks like my grandmas bathroom tiles. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2012 9:51:00 PM More reviews by annawixom

I only use this as a powder and I really love this. I have been using this for years and have no desire to try anything else. Gives very nice thick full coverage, but I also use a foundation underneath. Its wonderful. def. recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2012 5:19:00 PM More reviews by evicka18

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I use this powder over the make up for many years. It helps to cover well any imperfections and skin is looking good.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2012 6:13:00 PM More reviews by Rezia786

This product USED to be my HG powder. It was a perfect colour match, kept me from looking too oily and all was nice. But then Clinique went and changed pretty much ALL of their makeup formulations to contain Lecithin. As in Soy Lecithin.

I'm incredibly allergic to soy and it makes my skin break out. There are a LOT of people allergic to soy, so I think it's unconscionable of Clinique to claim their products are allergy tested while including an ingredient millions of people are allergic to.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2012 9:22:00 PM More reviews by MaddyKate93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Bought this to set my teint idole ultra 24hr foundation, and does its job perfectly.
It stops shine but doesn't look cakey or dull the natural semi dewy finish of my foundation. Only need to touch up once or twice during the day :)
Lancome's powders are $86 AUD, and I just can't justify spending that much on powder lol, so cliniques pricetag of $50 is alot more appealing, especially since it's great quality and everything I want in a powder!
Love

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2012 11:00:00 PM More reviews by prettyandsweet

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love this face powder. i don't need much coverage but for the little that i need on a regular day out its perfect. on a night that i go out it's quite build able and gives a good coverage too without getting cakey or nasty looking. it leaves my skin looking natural, and smooth.
i like to mainly use it for my redness on my cheeks and it definitively tones it down to almost invisible just a bit pink which is OK bc then i don't need blush hehe..

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2012 12:37:00 AM More reviews by imbored27

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I really like this powder. I use it by itself everyday as a foundation, and it covers just enough for me. Its the best coverage powder I've tried, but it's not anything amazing. It lasts all day without letting oil seep through, and is a good setting powder for foundation too! When used as a setting powder it gives more coverage to my foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2012 12:04:00 PM More reviews by jennaxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First of all, this powder foundation is very limited in its range of colours. I found a good-enough match but it is extremely heavy and although I do NOT have oily skin, I was shiny within a couple hours (even with my favourite primer). I regret purchasing it and it is now in my makeup graveyard. It is just unbelievably thick and mask-like. Zero, and I mean zero oil control. In fact the thickness caused my face to appear shiny when I never have that problem otherwise. There are hundreds of powders that out-perform this but it is a good price point and comes in a nice, simple package.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2012 8:44:00 AM More reviews by talkaboutaddiction

PBI This has been reformulated and no longer contains mineral oil or lanolin...YAY! I recently went back to this as I was wanting a decent coverage powder fndt to set liquid since I need the coverage. This wears so much better than the old version. I am NC 20 and wear matte neutral. It is a true neutral but the more yellow version cream is too light, so neutral works. Also at 21 bucks for .35oz isnt bad at all for department store brands considering Lancome powders are at cheapest $29 for .35, MAC $23 for .35 and Estee Lauder $27 .40oz (Lucidity) or $35 Double Wear .42oz when THAT one originally had .49oz for $32! Also this has a very tiny ingredient list and no spf which I actually wanted because I dont play nice with SPF anyway...Looks bad in pics, oclusive to pores, and makes my face itch. I am a powder whore so I am very picky about how much comes in a compact for the price since I use it up fast. Also for reference, as far as drugstore brands like L'Oreal, .30oz those can run as high as $15 in some places, and most I have found suck. Since powder sets your overall look, I dont want to cheap out on wear and finish and lasting power for the sake of saving a few bucks because in the long run, I will hate it, go buy something else, hate that too, etc....and I couldve just bought a nice powder in the 1st place and actually saved money, time, gas, and a few bad face days. Also...for those of you giving this lower ratings due to no oil control...it doesnt claim to. It is formulated for skin type 2 which is dry in cheeks and normal in the tzone. Not for oily skin or oily tzones. If you want a Clinique powder fndt for more oil control try the Perfectly Real Compact Powder Makeup. That is for skintypes 2,3, and 4. Sorry to rant about that, but it is irritating when a product gets an unfair rating when it is used on the wrong skintype and expected to do something other than what it is intended for...kind of like when people complain that a light moisturizer for oil control dries the hell of out of their faces when they have dry skin to begin with....ummmm did you read the lable? Rant over.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No