Marcelle Gentle Makeup Remover for Sensitive Eyes

3.9

AQUA/WATER/EAU, CYCLOMETHICONE, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM/MINERAL OIL/HUILE MINÉRALE, ISOHEXADECANE, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, CAMELLIA OLEIFERA LEAF EXTRACT, GLYCERIN, CUCUMIS SATIVUS (CUCUMBER) FRUIT EXTRACT, SODIUM CHLORIDE, HYDROCHLORIC ACID, DMDM HYDANTOIN, LAURYL METHYL GLUCETH-10 HYDROXYPROPYLDIMONIUM CHLORIDE, SODIUM METHYLPARABEN, POLOXAMER 188, DISODIUM EDTA, PEG-4 DILAURATE,

on 3/18/2007 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I loved this eye makeup remover! I didn't experience any burning like I usually do when using removers! I liked thats its fragrance free and didn't irritate the skin around my eyes either! Its half oil and half liquidy stuff so have to 'shake well to activate'. I dabbed a small amount on a cotton pad and just gently swiped it over my entire eyelid and it practically melted it off, even my waterproof mascara! This is definatly my HG eye makeup remover from now on! $12 CDN.

on 3/12/2007 8:44:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

On my 2nd bottle and loving it because it's one of the few formulas that removes my Shiseido mascara base and waterproof mascaras without leaving a trace! My new HG, replacing Clinique Take The Day Off. ***UPDATE June 2007: Is actually quite oily and stingy. I'd say it's still better than many other removers for waterproof mascara. I thought it removed everything until I found an even better brand!

on 11/30/2006 1:26:00 AM

I have tried about five other eye makeup removers over the years and I just keep coming back to this one. Unlike the others I've tried, it doesn't sting, it doesn't make my eyes itch, and it removes my mascara quickly and thoroughly. I use a q-tip and gently wipe my eyelashes clean. I wouldn't use it on the rest of my face because of the oil content, but my eyes love it.

on 11/24/2006 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Easy and fast remover that dissolves my eyemakeup and mascara in no time. It's gentle and does not sting my eyes which is always a plus. And it's reasonably priced too.

on 11/16/2006 10:53:00 AM

Marcelle Gentle Make-up Remover for Sensitive Eyes is one of those oil and water formulas you need to shake to activate. It is enriched with green tea and cucumber extracts, hypo-allergenic, perfume free, ophthalmologist tested and suitable for contact lens wearers. This is the dual-phase eye makeup remover I buy the most and trust the most because it is non-drying, non-irritating, non-stinging and dissolves with minimal effort on my part all traces of eye makeup gently, quickly and effectively, even multiple layers of the most stubborn formulas. No need for rubbing or tugging at the delicate skin in the eye area, just a few gentle pats with a saturated cotton pad, and then it rinses off clean. At about $12 (Canadian) for a 150 ml bottle every so often offered at a lower price, I find it quite affordable. The packaging is okay: a round see-though blue plastic bottle with rounded shoulders and a large, smooth, easy to twist (Thank you, Marcelle!) white plastic cap. Although the bottle is not that easy to tip over, I wish the opening wasn’t so wide. Other than that, this is HG material in the eye makeup remover category, very similar to the revered Lancôme Bi-Facil Double-Action Eye Makeup Remover minus the fragrance and the ridiculous price, on a par with my newly discovered Yves Rocher Express Cleanser for Sensitive Eyes with Cornflower minus the color.

INGREDIENTS: Water, Cyclomethicone, Paraffinum
Liquidum, Isohexadecane, Hexylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol,
Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Glycerin, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber)
Fruit Extract, Sodium Chloride, Hydrochloric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin,
Lauryl Methyl Gluceth-10 Hydroxypropyldimonium Chloride,
Sodium Methylparaben, Poloxamer 188, Disodium EDTA,
PEG-4 Dilaurate.
continued >>

on 6/22/2006 10:01:00 AM

This is a pretty good eye make-up remover...nothing overly WOW about it...it doesn't burn my eyes, so that's a plus...I'd probably buy this again although I'm always on the search for something "better"...

on 4/21/2006 4:33:00 PM

Not the best for sure. I am not pleased with this eyemake up remover and will not purchase again. It looks like I get all my make up off at night but each morning I have little racoon eyes - not attractive. Best to date that I have used is Merle Norman Dual Action Eye Make up Remover. The MN does cost more (about $21 Can.) but is worth every penny as it removes ALL eye make up. I wear a waterproof cream liner and it is totally removed easily with my usual MN. Again trying the cheaper product didn't work but it sure is great when they do - I guess that is why we keep trying them.

on 3/11/2006 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm kind of on the fence over this one. It does remove eye makeup decently well but isn't outstanding. I find it takes a while to dissolve anything and some rubbing is needed to get everything off. It also leaves an oily residue and does sting if you get it in your eyes. Maybe this works better on waterproof mascara? I dunno. Price is good at around $12 Canadian for a large bottle and it frequently goes on sale as well.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I was looking for an inexpensive eye makeup remover. I had tried the L'Oreal one, and I hated it. I tried the Life brand Cucumber eye-makeup remover cream, but that one dried my skin out, was hard to use, and stung.
Finally! Something that works very well (my makeup slipped off), leaves my eye area soft and not irritated, and does not sting! Used with the Shiseido Facial Cotton, it is the best remover I have ever tried. I will be repurchasing.

on 12/26/2005 2:38:00 AM

I have been using the MARCELLE eye makeup remover forever! I love this remover and like the first reviewer said, you can get it in your eyes and it won't sting like other eye makeup removers. I recommend this to EVERYONE who wears eye make up, you won't be disappointed!