November 22, 2014 | 1870 users online

Treatments (Face) - Philosophy - The Oxygen Peel

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2008 12:45:00 PM More reviews by bellatrix13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff is pretty cool. I've been using it (sparingly) for about a year or so. The plusses are that it makes my skin look really hydrated, fresh and glowing afterwards, and that it's never irritated my skin or made me break out (but my skin is not too sensitive anyway so not many products do). The minuses are that it's pretty expensive, and that it falls short of being a miracle product for me. With that said, I would probably repurchase again because it does a good job of clearing away dead skin and rejuvenating, and it's a good mask to have around for the rotation.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2008 4:57:00 AM More reviews by Nayumi101

I went into the makeup counter with pretty rough complexion. I had a few red/dark spots from pimples, dead skin build up, and enlarged pores. I haven't had a facial/scrub in a while, so I decided to go with the suggestion of the aestheticism at the counter. After she used this peel on my face, my skin felt incredibly soft and smooth, and has a beautiful glow. I got this done in the morning, and the smoothness lasted all day.
This peel is incredibly gentle, and it can last you a long time. (One capsule = 4 facial peels, and there are 10 capsules in the kit.)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2008 9:45:00 PM More reviews by LizaLindsey

Ok. I truly enjoy the use of this peel though I find peel to be a misleading term. It really is about detoxifying and hydrating, and minimal exfoliation. I like the process. I like steps. Part of the skincare hobby. I know that many users have said that they see little long term results and like this peel for only short term. I do feel that when I use this product I am less likely to get clogged. I wish to give philosophy a shout out for this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/29/2008 12:22:00 AM More reviews by jenek12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product was ok. While I did notice some nice improvement to my skin immediately after using it, I'm not sure that there have been any dramatic long-term changes to my complexion. My skin is softer and brighter immediately after using it and my pores look almost non existent. However, after a few days, its back to normal. I use this product twice a week. As other people have mentioned, it is nice to use as a touch-up right before a special occasion, but I'm not going to rely on it to improve my skin tone/texture etc. I plan to try Philosophy's microdelivery peel next rather than repurchase this, however down the road, I might be willing to again for the immediate benefits.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2008 5:18:00 PM More reviews by bstyle

Didnt work for me saw no diff in my skin. I didnt like having to mix everything up either. Caps where a pain but i get that it was to be fresh but still never noticed any diff. At frist my skin to the touch was soft for a few days and that was it. Dont waste your $$$

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2008 2:50:00 PM More reviews by ChristinaND5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used this product 10 days in a row when I first got it, and since then, a few times per month.

Immediately after using this product, my skin looks better, healthier, softer, brighter. After using it for the first 10 days, the effect was lasting longer than on the first day. I now use this product right before events, for the temporary high. I do not notice any improvement in my acne, blackheads, or acne scars.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2007 2:00:00 PM More reviews by Hibeebee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After just one use I noticed that my dark spots (due to acne scarring) were noticably lighter, my skin tone over all was brighter, my skin was much smoother and softer. It was also not as irritating to my skin as other over the counter peel and microdermabrasion kits I have tried. It was a little messy, and I agree with the previous review which suggested just using a half a capsul at a time. I will continue to use this product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2007 8:01:00 PM More reviews by addysmom

I love almost all of Phil. products, but this one I do not get. I did not see a differece in my skin at all. I did get this on a swap here and the expiration date was up. Maybe that is why. I will try it again someday, when I will buy it so the date is ok. The only reason I will try again is the reviews here.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2007 2:23:00 PM More reviews by nicolley77

i usually LOVE philosophy products, but i can't seem to get excited about this one. first, the whole process takes too many steps and is much too complicated. second, i do NOT enjoy the scraping off process of the peel. it's messy and gross. third, it didn't really do anything for my face. i didn't expect it to clear up my hormonal chin acne, but it didn't even make the rest of my face look good. not bad, but just not good. i would recommend the microdelivery peel, which is simpler and gives better results. but if you really like this, one thing the SA told me is that you can double the times you can do this peel by using only half of the capsule powder at a time, and saving the other half. your face doesn't need that much gel. also, if you like the h202 acne cream, the step 2 of this peel is the same thing. so you can use it as a zit cream if it works for you.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2007 12:48:00 AM More reviews by DDmonkey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Way to many steps for a product that is worthless. The only thing it did was make my skin dehydrated. Another overpriced useless Philosophy peel. Returned it to the store.