October 31, 2014 | 1653 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Glysomed

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2010 12:56:00 PM More reviews by luckygreenclover25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My hands get extremely dry but this really helps. The fragrance-free version is the one I use. Yes it is very thick, so a little goes a long way. It's mostly comprised of glycerin. It contains German chamomile, which is very soothing to the skin. But unfortunately, it also contains parabens. However, it does work well and keeps my dry hands soft for a long time, even after washing them.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2010 10:52:00 PM More reviews by poivre27

My favourite hand cream <3 definitely HG.
This cream is good for dry hands without feeling heavy, oily, or too perfumy. My hands are not very dry but I like to have that bit of extra protection on them and this product is light enough to work with what I want. At the same time, I know people with very dry hands who use this and love it. It may not be the best if you're clinically dry, but I can't speak for that.
In Canada there is another hand cream in a thin, long tube of 75mL that is similar to this (has chamomile and glycerin in it) as well as the Glysomed dupe with the Life brand. You can purchase those and imo they're pretty much the same thing (just different packaging and a little bit cheaper).
Anyways I've tried a few different hand creams, latest one being The Body Shop's almond hand cream which is alright in itself, but I found it too "cream-like" which ends up feeling a bit greasy as the day wears on. With Glysomed you don't feel greasy and you can use it several times a day without feeling like you've used too much or transfer on your clothes/hair/etc.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2010 10:39:00 PM More reviews by Siudin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My ultimate fave hand cream. I am a dental professional and everyday I always use gloves. My hands can get so cracked, dry and irritated by the middle of the day with frequent hand washing and wearing of gloves. This is my ultimate savior! I love the smell, the silicon feel to it... My hands are now softer than ever. I noticed that even frequent washing of hands... It doesn't even make my skin dry. I use it on my knees, elbows, hands, heels and toes. Hard to describe but it's a must to try on! The consistency is pretty thick but a little goes a long way. I don't use this as my body lotion since the rest of my body is not as dry as the above mentioned. Overall, my HG hand lotion!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2010 7:24:00 PM More reviews by cally422

I love Glysomed Hand Cream! Although it is fairly thick, it doesn't really bother me al lthat much. It's the only cream that can moisturize my dry hands (from Eczema). It smells great, and I know it sounds weird, but you can even put it in your hair! After showering, and waiting until my hair is 50% dry, I put the cream on my hands, moisturize my hands like i normally do, and the excess left on my palms, I rub it on the tips of my hair. It makes SUCH a difference. Afterwards, my hair feels way softer, and hydrated.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2010 12:42:00 AM More reviews by MacaronsDeRouen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have very sensitive skin and this product has turned my hands from painful and cracked to smooth and unchapped in three days, more than once. Lasts a very long time; you only need a little. Works beautifully anywhere on the body - I've also used it on my chapped lips, where it worked a lot better than most lip balms (and tastes sweet because of the glycerin!)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2010 9:07:00 PM More reviews by kara86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product may not come in a pretty package or have a floraly fragrance but IT WORKS! If you have dry, chapped hands that crack, bleed and burn (Like I did this past winter) you should buy this hand lotion.
It is the type of lotion that you can feel on your skin, so I would reccommend putting it on before bed, and letting it air dry for about 10 min before you try to touch anything else. You will wake up in the morning with soft, smooth and comfortable hands!
This was reccommended to me by a co-worker and it has been a life saver for me in the winter months.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2010 10:17:00 PM More reviews by pinkrose838

If you use this stuff sparingly, it will give you the perfect moisture, without excess oil or greasiness. But, if you put too much on, your hands will get extremely oily. Nevertheless, I would definitely recommend. Oh, but make sure you get the one in the tube. Much more sanitary ;)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2010 8:02:00 PM More reviews by Isane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is great during the winter months because my hands get so dry and chapped. It really moisturizes and keeps my hands soft. However it's just so heavy and sticky, it takes a long time to sink in which makes it unpleasant to use everyday. So I only use it when my hands are in desperate need.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2010 6:16:00 PM More reviews by MissBettyful

I used to use this and I really liked the results. Recently I became sensitive to it and it would sting when I use it on my hands so I have to use vaseline instead. But I still really like the body lotion.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2010 9:53:00 PM More reviews by canneberges

Love love love. I found about 5 sample sized tubes sitting in a drawer one night and decided to try it out and see if it would help my cuticles sort themselves (they'd been dry and cracking due to winter weather). Works like a dream! You really have to work to get this stuff moving, sometimes it actually tires out my hands, but once it warms up it absorbs into your skin SO fast. No greasy feeling, and the moisture actually lasts!

The scent is barely noticeable, the tube is nothing special but handy nonetheless. Better than any drugstore hand creme you can find (I think I've tried them all).

Definitely a re-purchase!