September 21, 2014 | 2012 users online

Fragrances - Estee Lauder - Beautiful

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2011 11:32:00 PM More reviews by Olfactoria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is definitely a "test first" scent. Every time I have tried to wear this fragrance over the years, longing to coax out the deep plushy woodsy floral I smell on others, all I get on my skin is a truly stomach-churning cacophonous chemical twang with a faint hit of rotting marigolds. Yet I've known more than one woman-- including my neighbor-- who rock this one well. On those women, it has the same luxuriant,assertive allure as other '80s bombshells like Ungaro Diva and Giorgio Red. I have to say, this doesn't smell any better to me in the bottle than it does on my skin, so I am forced to conclude that there are women whose skin chemistry simply coaxes the beauty out of Beautiful. Sadly, that will never be me.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2011 11:26:00 AM More reviews by lorieamai

I wore Beautiful layered for many, many years. I started after college and continued well into my late 30s. At that point I couldn't even smell it anymore. But I ALWAYS got compliments on it, especially from men. Now I'm in my mid-40s and my body chemistry has changed. I haven't found any fragrance yet to replace it that I enjoy as much or get as many compliments as I used to when I wore Beautiful. It's worth the money for sure.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2011 9:24:00 AM More reviews by Chickadee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Totally classic. Very floral, and does not smell good on everyone, but if you can work Beautiful, you've got a reliable fragrance for life. I have tried to wear this, but it just doesn't work on me. But I agree that this is one of the great fragrance stories of our time, and I appreciate it as such. Some people call this an "old lady" scent, but honestly, any fragrance today that has any type of soul, and that doesn't smell like candy or strawberries, gets called that. Many of today's fragrances are created too quickly, and without thought, because way more work goes into the advertising than the actual juice itself. To me, that's a crying shame. Beautiful is still a great seller, and not just among old ladies!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2011 7:46:00 PM More reviews by eky321

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It is a delicious flowery/woody aroma, which surrounds you with sweetness. I do not like the dry down a lot. I prefer the dry down of Sensuous. Actually, sensuous is similar to Beautiful without some much flowery/hint of citrus aromas. Both have a wood base. Beautiful is very feminine.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2011 7:29:00 PM More reviews by VictoriaNicolee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Firstly, yes I can see how it would remind some of old women. However, I am 20 - and I enjoy wearing this scent on special occasions. It is a very musky feminine smell, and it's fantastic! I surely wouldn't wear it everyday, though - but I do wear it once or twice a month, or even when I feel like I need a bit more oomph to what I am wearing. I agree though it is overpowering at first, but it lasts a long time. Use the body powder of it and layer it on and you'll smell like it all night! It's wonderful.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2011 9:48:00 PM More reviews by Shanplum

Alot of people hate this and find it overpowering and musty but on me its quite light and slightly powdery with a green undertone. I actually quite like this fragrance, I only tried it as I wear Beautiful Love (which is now discontinued). To me this is a classic perfume on the right wearer.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2011 3:53:00 PM More reviews by Lotionaddict69

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Green

This scent always reminds me of my Grandma. She loves Estee Lauder and the *strong* musky scents that I associate with them; not my cup of tea. Fortunately I like this scent! A lot more gentle than their others. Pretty on the right person.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2011 5:02:00 PM More reviews by ChanelCutie31

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this prouct its got a classic sophisticate scent...... i would wear it when going out for special occasions. A little to strong for everyday and with this scent a little spray goea a long way. Dont drown yourself in it

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2011 7:45:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

I love scents like these, just a beautiful mixture of florals. I dont like it personally as a perfume, but I do love smelling it.
Different scent reminds me of certain times/events or paints a certain mental picture in my mind, and this scent in particular reminded me of my mom when she was younger, every morning putting on her makeup, and I would be running around outside her bedroom door watching her do that.
This scent is quiet warm and strong, and it can be offensive/overpowering if you spray too much on. I myself only use this a airfreshner, and the only time I restock it is when it comes as a free gift with any Estee Lauder purchases.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2011 4:31:00 PM More reviews by Shazzer1976

I'm really surprised by how much I like this. It smelt horrible on the card but the SA kind of insisted it was better suited to my age group than Knowing or whatever the other EL fragrance was I was sampling at the time. I think it is described as a rosy aldehyde.

It is basically a lovely rose scent. Sweet but not too sweet. The idea behind this is that when you are wearing it you are meant to feel like the most beautiful woman in the room - I say woman, not girl! This is floral but a classy floral and very very beautiful! (Plus the scent seems to last forever on your skin!)

I'm not fussed by the packaging but that is secondary to the issue of the perfume and I tend to keep my bottles out of sight!