December 21, 2014 | 1790 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Ponds - bare and repair conditioning eye makeup remover with grapeseed extract and vitamin e [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2007 6:57:00 PM More reviews by amack324

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Gentle on your skin, but gentle on stubborn makeup too. I could use a whole bottle and a whole bag of cotton balls and traces of makeup would still run under my eyes when i washed my face. it just doesn't work well enough.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2007 4:23:00 PM More reviews by smarteepants712

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The great thing about this remover is the conditioning Vitamin E in the product. I am always nervous about removers with too much alcohol that will dry out the eye area. This doubles as an eye cream, because I've heard as long as you moisturize with something (even a regular moisturizer - it doesn't have to be a specialty eye cream), it helps to prevent wrinkles. While no makeup remover is going to completely remove mascara without effort (think about all the layers you put on during application), I find if I use a makeup removing face wash to wash my face first (which usually removes the majority of the mascara) I can use one end of a q-tip to apply the product, and then the other to remove the excess and it works great to remove the remainder of the makeup and I wake up with no lingering makeup.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2007 9:54:00 AM More reviews by Persifler

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Pond's Bare and Repair Conditioning Eye Make-up Remover is a "dual-action" (oil in water formulation) eye make-up remover that claims to remove all visible traces of eye make-up while conditioning the skin. This product works as well as others of the same type of formulation, including products by L'Oreal and Lancome. I have never found one of these products to remove all traces of mascara, waterproof or nonwaterproof, effortlessly as they claim to do. There is still a fair amount of pulling on the lashes required to remove mascara, and I still wake up with dark smudges under my eyes. There doesn't seem to be any advantage to paying more for Lancome when this works just as well. I probably won't repurchase, because I find cleansing oils, cold creams, and Clinique's cleansing balm more effectively remove mascara. This product actually deserves 3.5 lippies, because while it is an average product, it is not overpriced like it's similarly formulated competition.

Ingredients: Water, Isohexadecane, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A Palmitate), Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract (Aloe Vera), Vitis Vinifera Seed Extract (Grape), Rosa Canina Fruit Extract (Rose Hips), Bambusa Arundinacea Stem Extract (Bamboo), Cucumis Oblongus Seed Extract (Cucumber), Betula Alba Extract (White Birch), Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract (Tea), Glycine Soja Seed Extract (Soybean), Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Extract (Jojoba), Saccharomyces Copper Ferment, Saccharomyces Potassium Ferment, Saccharomyces Zinc Ferment, Mineral Oil, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Citrate, Citric Acid, Benzyl Alcohol, Poloxamer 184, Sodium Chloride, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Green 6 (CI 61565

4oz / 118 mL for $5-$6 at drugstores continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2007 1:29:00 PM More reviews by hollye44

This product is absolutely wonderful. It quickly, gently and effectively removes my eye makeup. I am always afraid to try eye makeup removers because I couldn't find one that did not sting or cause a reaction with puffy red areas. But THIS IS GREAT!! It is very gentle and my eye area has no adverse reaction to it. It feels cool and soothing going on. Plus it is very inexpensive. I will definitely continue to use this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2007 7:25:00 PM More reviews by peacefulheart

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Add me to the list of fans for this! After reading all the reviews, I had looked all over for this. Finally searched on online and found out that a Target near me had it. Went and got it over the holidays. Love it! No sting!(like several I tried) And no horrible residue blurring your eyes(like with Almay Moisturizing Pads) This stuff is the best! I do agree that the packaging could be better. That is the only complaint (and that more stores would carry it) Please do not discontinue these, Ponds!!!! UPDATE-2/2/2007-Still LOVE this! Yesterday, I went to Target and they were out, or so I thought. I was desparately looking for a substitute and had thought I had reached as far back as I could, to see if maybe there was one hiding and this girl walks up, desparate to find one as well, and she found one laying down in the wrong row-I told her I was looking too- and she said there are no more, but I could see her eyeing way back under there, so I reached my head and hand way underneath and VOILA, I got the LAST one! Yippee! Worth every minute I waited to find it. Why, oh why, would Target run out? Hope it is not discontinued....

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2007 11:43:00 AM More reviews by thurstonslovey

After reading the reviews on this product, I had to go out & try it. Mind you, it was no easy task locating it. (I finally ordered it off of drugstore.com.) Anyhow, I have not been disappointed at all. This product removes all of my eye makeup (even my difficult to remove YSL mascara) effortlessly with a couple of gentle swipes. The only downside of the product is the packaging; it POURS out. An enclosed opening would be nice to control the widemouth flow. Otherwise, this works better than any other product I've tried (Lancome, Clarins, Neutrogena, Lumene). Will absolutely repurchase & recommend to others.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2006 10:58:00 PM More reviews by hellokitty626

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this eye makeup remover works really well. its no miracle remover and you still have to sort of massage and scrub your lashes to get the waterproof mascara off, but it works a lot better than most removers ive tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2006 9:59:00 AM More reviews by avila004

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

You can find it by going to the ponds website and doing a product search by zipcode...and then..OH MY GOSH!!! I am new to this site..came on looking for an eye makeup remover and you guys have sooooo proven your worth. I LOVE this stuff!!! It competely takes off my waterproof mascara with 3 gentle swips :) No more tugging, pulling twisting and rubbing!! Yes, it is a bit oily but I don't give a rats !@# as long as I can take off my makeup:) Thank you all so much!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2006 1:45:00 PM More reviews by cutiepi

I loved this stuff! My waterproof mascara came off in only a few swipes, and I swear my under-eye wrinkles were not as noticable after I used it. Unfortunately, about a week after I began using it, my eyelids and undereye area swelled up to the point that my eyes looked permanently squinty. I stopped using this for a few days, and the swelling went down. Had it not been for my reaction, I definately would have bought it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2006 10:13:00 AM More reviews by riri101

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this stuff, it is gentle and I never lose any lashes. It doesn't irritate my eyes, it doesn't leave a filmy residue. I LOVE this product. I order 4 or 5 bottles at a time when drugstore.com has deals. Only complaint is the top is small and fits into a drain in a sink (lol yes I've had a tiny accident once). Will continue repurchasing until Ponds stops making this.