Caress Daily Silkening bar

4.5

Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate , Stearic Acid , Sodium Tallowate or Sodium Palmitate , Lauric Acid , Water , Sodium Isethionate , Sodium Stearate , Cocamidopropyl Betaine , Fragrance , Sodium Cocoate or Sodium Palm Kernelate , Sodium Chloride , Prunus Persica Fruit Extract , Citrus Aurantium Dulcis Flower Extract , Hydrolyzed Silk , Propylene Glycol , Tetrasodium EDTA , Tetrasodium Etidronate , BHT , Red 4 (CI 14700) , Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) , Yellow 6 (CI 15985) , Yellow 10 (CI 47005)

A couple of weeks ago I picked up the Caress body bar as a little treat. Now that the warm weather is here, I wanted something with a little more oomph, scent-wise, than my standby of 24 years, Dove. I remembered that a neighbor had had this in her bathroom when I was growing up and I had always adored the scent of it: it seemed so grown-up and sophisticated. And when I saw that this was made by Unilever, the same company that makes Dove, I decided to get it; I figured it would probably be pretty gentle. After having used it for awhile now, I can say with confidence that I LOVE this soap. I have very sensitive skin and eczema, and this doesn't make me itch whatsoever, and oddly enough I noticed the other day that my skin felt smoother than normal. (I have a hunch that it might not work as well for me in the depths of winter, when my skin turns into my body's own hell, however.) I like the egg shape of it, which fits nicely in the hand. It gives off a good lather and is cheap. But my favorite part is the scent, which lingers in the shower and on me too. For me, Caress is what a grown-up lady should smell like - clean, soft, and sweet. Definite repurchase for the summer months. This soap is a real find!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

The smell of this, was way too much for me. It was lovely at first, but it does really linger and maybe even gets stronger. I had to wash it off because I grew tired of it quickly. I also didn't find it as moisturizing as others bar soaps. Olay bars are more emollient and are my preference, however they stopped making the Unscented. If you find this one not as moisturizing as you would like, and like scents, you might try one of theirs.

I really like this soap. It smells wonderful- light and clean and not too sweet. It lathers well, and rinses off clean. I was suprised at how long this bar lasted, it didn't seem to melt away as so many other "moisturising bars" seem to do. Left my skin soft and clean.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I didn't see a review listing for the Caress bar. Actually I don't see listings for many soap bars AT ALL. Does anyone else use soap bars? lol

I enjoy using bars because I don't feel as clean just using body washes especially in the summer heat.

Caress bar soap is cleansing but very moisturizing. I have dry skin and it's one of the few bar soaps that doesn't leave me ashy and itchy. The scent is a clean, sweet, soapy floral and it lingers for a little while after the shower which is very nice.

The packaging is pretty and the price can't be beat.

I love Caress. It has been my first choice for years - since I first began living on my own and choosing my own brands of things. It makes my skin so soft and the bar lasts and lasts... it does not melt away quickly like Dove does. Unfortunately it is not sold in many stores in my city so when I find it I like to buy plenty. I buy Dove or Olay if I can't find Caress - but to me there really is no substitute.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I love the scent of the original bar soap of this caress, Cleans gently, lathers rich, rinses off well, i feel clean after the shower, plus, the scent lingers on you for a period of time, i love this caress, and DEFINITLY WOULD BUY THIS AGAIN, I LOVE CARESS!!!!!!!!!!

I consider this the classic soap. It does what a soap is supposed to do which is get you clean and smelling fresh. This is also a male friendly soap since it doesn't leave behind a girly smell. Caress's quality products are suuuppppeerrr affordable.

i love the smell. i buy by the bulk and put like three extra UNOPENED boxes of the soap in the bathroom and it makes my bathroom smell really good! at first my it kinda irritated my skin but after continued use i think i grew out of it. i just think that dove is better for my skin but i love the scent of caress and the way it lathers up. some moisturizing bars dont lather up that much but this one really does :)

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Leaves my skin so touchably soft! Next to Dove, this one is always a staple item in my bathroom. Smells fantastic.

I actually am using the Daily Silkening body wash..not the bar soap. But it's still the Daily Silkening, and I couldn't find a review for the wash. This smells soooooo good..and leaves my skin feeling soooooooo soft and clean. I absolutely love it..and will continue to repurchase.