April 20, 2014 | 1765 users online

Eyeliner - Clinique - Cream Shaper for Eyes - Chocolate Lustre

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2009 11:00:00 AM More reviews by Emily520

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite eyeliner! It's just the right color brown with a hint of shimmer, nothing glittery. It looks great with black/brown mascara. It glides on so smoothly too. Mine seems to last me a while, a few months probably, and at its price, I think it is totally worth it! Definitely a lot better than most other brands.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2009 4:20:00 PM More reviews by Spurklie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love the Cream Shapers, IMO they are one of the best pencil liners on the market. This was the first one I bought, I was looking for a decent brown e/l and saw this in a magazine. The description said chocolate brown with a faint shimmer and I was sold. Looks great with neutral looks or more smoked out. Goes on really smoothly, no tugging, and stays put until you remove it. I used to wear this every day so mine is now about an inch long, which I think is an indicator of a great liner! This is a staple e/l in my collection.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2009 6:13:00 AM More reviews by missrachelkennedy

I really like the color of this pencil - on my fair skin is comes out a very deep, chocolately brown with just enough shimmer to make it look "wet". The pencil is very soft and easy to apply, and I haven't had any trouble with it irritating my eyes either. The color looks great both drawn directly on lids, or smuged for a smokier look.

The only complaint I have is that I can't get it as sharp as I would like. After the second use or so, it only sharpens to almost a point, but not quite.

Otherwise a great liner, and I would recommend it. I will probably purchase again but for a while I need to test my luck with a few, less expensive options.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2009 5:53:00 PM More reviews by hat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite eyeliner. I got this one as a gift. I find myself always go for this eyeliner when I'm in a rush. It's so easy to apply (the creamy texture) and has great staying power. It's almost as new even after 10 hours wearing it on my eye, however I have dry skin.This brown color is not too sharp on my dark brown eye which is great for everyday wear. I'm going to get another two of this in different colors this weekend.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2009 3:08:00 PM More reviews by Eva32

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a gorgeous brown eyeliner. True to its name, the texture is wonderfully creamy and glides on super smoothly! My one complaint is that it's not that dark. Overall, a great eyeliner!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2008 4:18:00 AM More reviews by jawbreaker

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Lovely! A rich brown shade with a hint of shimmer! I've owned this since they debuted and continually repurchase. I have green eyes and this is great. The texture is very creamy and smooth. It never tugs on the eyes. The Cream Shapers do not last as long as the Quickliners, but the fun colors and shimmer make up for it!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2008 1:51:00 PM More reviews by RoseannaDanna

I bought this pencil hoping that it came close to my favorite drugstore eyeliner that was discontinued (Jordana Brainy Brunette). Chocolate Lustre is darker, like dark chocolate. There is shimmer in the color when I test it on my hand. The shimmer doesn't translate on my eyes because the color is so dark. I also find the pencil to be extremely soft, just like the name implies. It's so creamy that I have to use a light hand to get a fine line. Using a heavy hand will create a mess.

I'll keep looking for a milk chocolate-y/caramel shimmer liner.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2008 4:35:00 PM More reviews by diana7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Like the other cream shapers for eyes by Clinique, this has a nice texture for lining the delicate eye area--it goes on very smoothly without tugging and is great for a smudged look. It is not self-sharpening, so you need to have a good quality sharpener on hand as the softness of the pencil makes frequent sharpening necessary. I find placing a similar-shaded powder eye shadow on top helps set it. The Chocolate Lustre is a deep brown--a bit more dramatic than Brown Sugar, but still very natural. I did not notice the shimmer, the lack thereof is a quality I didn't mind as the one part of the UD 24/7 bourbon( a comparable product, imo) I preferred wasn't there was the gold glitter. I would buy this one again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2008 5:11:00 AM More reviews by Tanja1801

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm totally in love with my cream shapers! I now have 3 of them! But this color has got to be my favorite. It is the most beautiful brown I have ever seen in eye pencils. It goes with everything and is so much better for everyday use than black. Black is to harsh on me sometimes.
I love the texture of them. They are soooo smooth, they glide on like a dream and my eye lids don't get irritated!
I want all colors!!!
Tanja

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2008 3:09:00 PM More reviews by as8566

I just received this product. It is a very nice shade. I wanted to try brown eyeliner for a while, but the medium toned shades I bought were disappointing. This is a nice deep chocolate brown with a hint of shimmer. It looks natural with my blue eyes and pale skin. The whole cream shaper line has excellent staying power. I can't imagine this wouldn't work for anyone.