January 31, 2015 | 1976 users online

Concealers - Givenchy - Mister Light

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2012 12:14:00 PM More reviews by MissLivia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Another day, another concealer. It's depressing how much money I've spent on failed concealers! Anyway, the click pen applicator is annoying...the fact that you have to twist a million times and then randomly get bursts of product seems silly to me. It goes on smoother than other concealers I've used, but it does still cake up in lines a little. Coverage is VERY light, and lasting power is average at best. VERY expensive, especially for so little product. My hunt for the perfect dark circle concealer continues.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2011 11:00:00 PM More reviews by ThatLadyNextDoor

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love this concealer. It does wonders for dark undereye circles. I own so many concealers. I've went above and beyond just looking for that perfect one. One day, when I went to Sephora, an SA came up to me and asked if I needed help on anything. I told I was looking for a concealer to cover dark circles, but doesn't sink in lines. She said her HG was Givenchy Mister Light. I laughed because at the name...who would name a concealer with the name Mister?? LOL

Anyway, she color-matched me and I'm a Mister Biscuit and I was on LOVE! It concealed, didn't settle into the wrinkles, and stayed on for hours after she applied it. I had to buy it! My only drawback is the clicker pen. I hate it! If I'm going to pay $33 for a concealer I expect a better container. I wish it would've came in a tube because it's more sanitary. I don't even use the brush that came with it b/c it just seems like a bad idea to wash it and have water seep into the concealer pen. So, I just swipe my concealer brush.

********* EDIT (12/30/11)********* I've subtracted the lippies...This product is no longer working for me. It's still a great corrector, BUT the pen really sucks. I hate it! The damn thing exploded on my shirt when I tried to gently twist the pen one day. BE CAREFUL!!! I can't believe I paid so much money for this to only find it exploding massive & wasted product on me. To make it worse, I had to take my shirt to the cleaners and it didn't even remove the stain 100%. Givenchy SERIOUSLY needs to put this in a tube b/c I'm not buying this anymore. What a horrible experience!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2011 10:59:00 PM More reviews by MonkeySee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Best under-eye concealer I've found. I read about this in an article by former editor of Lucky magazine. When she was editor, she obviously got lots of free products. This was on a list of the 10 products she would still buy with her own money.

Before finding Mister Light, I was like Goldilocks - I could not find an under-eye concealer that was "just right." Some, like Oil of Olay's, were too thin. Some, like Benefits Erase Paste, were too thick. Some didn't go on very easily. This one goes on just right with the built-in brush. The color 02 is a perfect match for me. It seems to last too - I can tell at the end of the day where I put it on, and it's still there.

Drawback is it's pricey, and the applicator means you can't squeeze out every last drop like with some packaging. However, the built-in applicator brush also helps prevent waste, so I suppose that part is a wash. I'm on my second tube and will continue to buy it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2011 12:37:00 PM More reviews by netaavisrur

love this concealer!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2011 2:33:00 AM More reviews by scrappymamas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this concealer/ Brightener it works wonders as an undereye concealer it truly brightens and is very lightweight it's also textureless and water resistant. So it doesn't crease. And it also triples as a Eye primer for me when i'm in a rush. It works the same as my UDPP if anything better. Though I don't recommend this product to cover very very dark circles and blemishes. It dos'nt contain enough pigment for full coverage. Great highlighter. All in all great product. would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2011 12:47:00 AM More reviews by saxgurl231

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this product, but as a poor college student I find the price to be a little too steep. I also don't like that the applicator wastes the product that is leftover and dried in the brush head. Other than that though, this is the best concealer I've ever used. It doesn't settle into the fine lines under the eyes, and really brightens up my eye area. Just wished it was cheaper! If anyone knows a good dupe, please let me know

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2011 12:57:00 AM More reviews by VogueGrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been on the hunt for an under eye concealer that satisfies me. While this is not perfect, it's pretty much the best I have used thus far. I have dark circles under my eyes and this does somewhat of a decent job at covering them. I'm disappointed that it does not brighten up my under eye area though since it is marketed as both a highlighter and concealer. Dior Radiance booster pen did a great job at highlighting, but this conceals a little better. The best part about this product is that it does not sink into fine lines or cake (provided that you apply it right and don't cake it on). I feel like the staying powder is decent, but I'm on the fence about it. Overall, it's a very good product, but I'm still searching for something better. I wear this in Mister Milk.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2011 7:55:00 AM More reviews by Upset

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Yep, this is a wonderful product. I have this in shade #4. Shade #4 is the perfect match for a natural look. I was using Chanel's Eclat Lumiere before in #20 (Beige Clair) and I think I like both. It does not accentuate fine lines and I absolutely love wearing this instead of foundation as it is super smooth and gives you a flawless finish without cakeing in the least or being/looking heavy (based on the fact you don't have blemishes etc.) I do wear a hydrating eye cream however when applying under my eyes and I think it would have been 100% perfect if it were a teeny teeny bit lighter for my under eye area. Will re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2011 2:13:00 PM More reviews by inmyopinion

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Silver, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the best for the night, by itself, or in the daytime, over a coverup such as Neutrogena's brightening eye perfector with SPF (see my review). The only drawback is that the Givenchy product has no SPF.

That said, it very effectively covers up dark circles- just make sure to also cover the area just above the corner of the eye- that makes a world of difference.

I picked up shades #3 and #5, because they were out of #4 at Sephora. Shade 3 is quite fair, on the yellow side, but is perfect for me in the winter. Shade 5 is fair-medium, on the yellow side also, and works for spring and fall. Haven't tried shade 6 yet..

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2011 11:16:00 PM More reviews by Animimi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great highlighter, but only fair as a concealer unless your discoloration problems are fairly mild. For me, it is great after a good night's rest, but on bad days, it only improves my dark moons moderately.

A big plus is that it doesn't settle into creases and the highlighting effect is subtle but excellent. No sparkles, no washed-out whiteness, no oily-looking sheen: just a fresh, moisturized-looking finish.

Lasting power is mediocre on me, but I've got oily skin and eyes, so no surprise there.