Givenchy Mister Light

4.1

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

At Sephora, an SA was showing me a look with some eyeshadows, and he finished by whipping out this concealer and magically erasing every blemish on my face, including the under eye circles caused by my seasonal allergies. I immediately had to have it, and it has not disappointed me yet. It has good staying power, good coverage on me, and most importantly, Biscuit is a great match for my skin. I haven't noticed shimmer of any kind like one previous reviewer noted, but I will agree that I really don't like the pen/brush applicator. You can never use these brushes if you want a nice finish, and I feel like the product gets caked in the bristles. What a waste, especially given the price! My search continues for a good concealer that doesn't break the bank.

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

The packaging on this product is great! the quality of the concealer itself is also very good! But for the price i think it is a little pricey considering the amount that it contains. I would buy this product again simply because it is a brush type of concealer that it great for touching up on the go.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Sigh, so close and yet so far. This actually has the potential for greatness, if not for a fatal flaw. Shimmer! Chunky shimmer! Other that that though, this is quite a gorgeous product. The pen is by far the sleekest thing as far as pen concealers go with its glossy black heavy tube and click base. As for the actual concealer, it does a great job brightening and concealing without creasing or caking. Staying power is good. The shimmer however, is silly and distracting. Something else I thought I should point out: I personally got a dud of a pen that took forever to get started, and when it finally did, continued to be difficult until it puttered out completely less than 10 uses later. I don't believe this to be consistently the case, but you might want to watch out for this and hold on to your receipt just in case. Oh well. Back to the concealer drawing board for me!

This concealer was HIGHLY recommended by several Sephora MUA. I have very dark circles and with a tan skin-tone, so it is tough to find a heavy-duty, long lasting product that is natural-looking for a woman of my age. I have tried many, many products and this was above average. It is in a pen-style applicator, which I don't really like because I can't tell how much product is left. Moreover, I certainly don't use the brush end to apply the concealer! I swipe a line onto my skin and use separate concealer brush to tap into a thin layer. Coverage is decent and natural, but does not fully eliminate my circles. It lasts quite well - but even if I just touch up the rest of my make up before going out in the evening, I always re-apply the concealer. It does not settle into lines and does not look cakey. It is an excellent product, but not HG. I actually prefer Dior Nude, yet when I mention this to the Sephora people, they all sort of wrinkle their noses. I don't know why,..

Another day, another concealer. It's depressing how much money I've spent on failed concealers! Anyway, the click pen applicator is annoying...the fact that you have to twist a million times and then randomly get bursts of product seems silly to me. It goes on smoother than other concealers I've used, but it does still cake up in lines a little. Coverage is VERY light, and lasting power is average at best. VERY expensive, especially for so little product. My hunt for the perfect dark circle concealer continues.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I really love this concealer. It does wonders for dark undereye circles. I own so many concealers. I've went above and beyond just looking for that perfect one. One day, when I went to Sephora, an SA came up to me and asked if I needed help on anything. I told I was looking for a concealer to cover dark circles, but doesn't sink in lines. She said her HG was Givenchy Mister Light. I laughed because at the name...who would name a concealer with the name Mister?? LOL

Anyway, she color-matched me and I'm a Mister Biscuit and I was on LOVE! It concealed, didn't settle into the wrinkles, and stayed on for hours after she applied it. I had to buy it! My only drawback is the clicker pen. I hate it! If I'm going to pay $33 for a concealer I expect a better container. I wish it would've came in a tube because it's more sanitary. I don't even use the brush that came with it b/c it just seems like a bad idea to wash it and have water seep into the concealer pen. So, I just swipe my concealer brush.

********* EDIT (12/30/11)********* I've subtracted the lippies...This product is no longer working for me. It's still a great corrector, BUT the pen really sucks. I hate it! The damn thing exploded on my shirt when I tried to gently twist the pen one day. BE CAREFUL!!! I can't believe I paid so much money for this to only find it exploding massive & wasted product on me. To make it worse, I had to take my shirt to the cleaners and it didn't even remove the stain 100%. Givenchy SERIOUSLY needs to put this in a tube b/c I'm not buying this anymore. What a horrible experience!

Best under-eye concealer I've found. I read about this in an article by former editor of Lucky magazine. When she was editor, she obviously got lots of free products. This was on a list of the 10 products she would still buy with her own money.

Before finding Mister Light, I was like Goldilocks - I could not find an under-eye concealer that was "just right." Some, like Oil of Olay's, were too thin. Some, like Benefits Erase Paste, were too thick. Some didn't go on very easily. This one goes on just right with the built-in brush. The color 02 is a perfect match for me. It seems to last too - I can tell at the end of the day where I put it on, and it's still there.

Drawback is it's pricey, and the applicator means you can't squeeze out every last drop like with some packaging. However, the built-in applicator brush also helps prevent waste, so I suppose that part is a wash. I'm on my second tube and will continue to buy it.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

love this concealer!!

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

Love this concealer/ Brightener it works wonders as an undereye concealer it truly brightens and is very lightweight it's also textureless and water resistant. So it doesn't crease. And it also triples as a Eye primer for me when i'm in a rush. It works the same as my UDPP if anything better. Though I don't recommend this product to cover very very dark circles and blemishes. It dos'nt contain enough pigment for full coverage. Great highlighter. All in all great product. would repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I really like this product, but as a poor college student I find the price to be a little too steep. I also don't like that the applicator wastes the product that is leftover and dried in the brush head. Other than that though, this is the best concealer I've ever used. It doesn't settle into the fine lines under the eyes, and really brightens up my eye area. Just wished it was cheaper! If anyone knows a good dupe, please let me know

Top Rated Givenchy Products