Kanebo KATE super sharp liner

4.3

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

This is one of the best liquid eyeliners out there! I have been using this everyday for many years. Although the black eyeliner is not a very intense black, it allows me to use it for an everyday natural look. I like it because it is not as harsh/intense as my Lancome Artliner (for day looks). If you do purchase it in Singapore, it is as cheap if not cheaper than most drugstore eyeliners! However, it is a bit drying on the eyes but a good eye cream or rosehip oil can take care of that.

on 9/15/2009 3:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Loveee it. Another positive review for Japanese products.

It's a liquid eyeliner that is basically like a pen. You have to shake it for the "pen" to actually work. The cap has a spring like thing in it that...actually I don't know what it does, but it's not bad!

The tip is truly "super sharp." It's really small and thin and it is so easy to apply. It goes on smooth and doesn't leave rigged lines. The line is really, really thin and it is really, really easy to just build up the thickness. I've been having issues trying the wing eyed look with my L'Oreal Lineur Intense [which is I still love and will continue to use], but it's incredibly easy to do with the Super Sharp Liner because the tip is so small. Great for detailed work.

The eyeliner description says that it is strong against sweat and water.
I went to Disneyland yesterday and it was pretty hot and it stayed all day, until I went on Splash Mountain.
I sat at the front and my face got drenched. I checked in the mirror, and it was almost like the top layer of the black color came off and spread, but there was still a "stain" of my eyeliner on my eyes. So as for as I know, the eyeliner stays, but not all of it.

It retails for 1000 yen, and I bought it for 20% off. 0.6mL.
Now my favorite liquid liners are the Kate Super Sharp Liner and L'Oreal Lineur Intense.

Especially good for quick fix-ups. Black enough, but not so much that it looks over-dramatic. Easy to apply; not messy at all for a liquid eyeliner. Only downside would be it runs out fairly quickly.

on 8/11/2009 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Your search for the perfect, long lasting black eyeliner ends here. I have nothing but love for this product. It's sharp for the finest of lines and the perfect winged out tip. You can make it thicker by going over the line. Best of all it stays and does not budge! stays on through the hot summer days.

I have bought this eyeliner again and again and it is HG material. I hope they don't discontinue this.

on 6/22/2009 11:23:00 PM

Oh, Kate Super sharp liner, where have you been my entire life? Oh, right. In Asia. A friend went to Hong Kong and brought me back a haul of amazing asian makeup. Even in my pile of treasures, this eyeliner was the crown jewel. I've got it in black and this stuff DOES NOT BUDGE. No smudge, no smears, lasts all day even in humidity and through a workout. It will actually stain the skin if you don't wash off well. The tip is the perfect size, allowing for very fine application but changing the grip allows for a thicker line. I am a complete klutz with normal liquid liner but this stuff lets me channel my inner diva and rock the liquid liner look. Amazing.

on 6/2/2009 10:54:00 PM

BEST ever. never smudges, even in humid weather. Easy to remove with proper eye makeup remover. Love the price!!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Click "continued" for photos.

Pros:
- absolutely water-, budge-, fade-proof
- fine tip maintains its shape well, it took my first one almost a year before the fiber on the tip gave out and got the 'split end' look
- tip has just the right degree of firmness, making application easy - not so stiff that the line looks rigid, or so flimsy that you can't get the line exactly where you want it to be
- ink lasts for a long time, the tip actually splits before the ink runs out
- quite inexpensive (~US$10) even taking shipping into consideration (I get mine from online), comparable to a Revlon liquid liner.

Cons:
- only place I can find it is online (adambeauty)

continued >>

on 2/14/2009 7:21:00 PM

I love this eyeliner. I've tried Revlon's colorstay eyeliner and I like Kate so much better. The eyeliner looks scarily sharp and fine at first but it's so easy to use. (I got it right the first time!) I draw a fine line and it doesn't smudge or smear, although if it's too wet and i blink, it gets on the skin of my upper eyelid. I will keep buying it. I have it in brown and it looks great and isn't too dramatic.

on 12/3/2008 6:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have the Kate Supersharp eyeliner in Black and Dark Brown.

Pros:
+ Very easy to use, easier than a gel liner since you gotta have a good brush to go with those and less tugging than a pencil.
+ Black draws a nice defined black line (not glossy black though) and Dark brown draws a medium brown line.
+Wear is very good for me if I don't rub my eyes. It is not a waterproof eyeliner but it doesn't smear on my oily lids.
+Cheap at only USD 10-14.

Cons
+ Dark brown isn't as dark I would like
+ If I rub my eyes it will fade
+Can leave a faint stain on the skin unless you use eye makeup remover

on 11/15/2008 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have this eyeliner in BR-1. This is my first time using brown and liquid liners; in the past I've only tried black eyeliners in pencil/gel form.

Performance: The brush is very thin so the line that comes out is also very thin. I'm not used to such a thin line but I can get used to it, although I prefer thicker lines and it is very hard to achieve without making a mess using such a fine brush. The ink sometimes does not flow smoothly, so sometimes in the middle of drawing the ink wouldn't flow out and I have to wait a bit before continuing. The brown is also quite faint and not very pigmented. Most of the time it looks like I have no eyeliner on, which is good for natural looks but I prefer having my eyeliner show a little bit, otherwise what's the point of using it? I'm not sure if it's just the brown version, although other reviews have mentioned the black version is not dark enough.

Staying Power: It has a mediocre staying power, and would not last through a long day. I was surprised that there was hardly any smudging or transfer to my bottom lids as with other eyeliners, but instead the colour fades with time. The lack of smudging is good, but I wish it would not fade. Maybe this has to do with my oily eyelids. As for removal, I don't have a problem with it, although at the end of the day usually there isn't much product left to remove anyway.

Overall: I like the pen form because it is convenient, especially in the morning, but I wish the colour would be bolder and staying power would be better. I think I will keep looking for a better eyeliner.

Top Rated Kanebo Products