L'Occitane Amande Cleansing and Soothing Shower Oil

4.4

Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Tipa-Laureth Sulfate, Laureth-4, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Parfum/Fragrance, Cocamide Mea, Propylene Glycol Butyl Ether, Sorbitan Oleate, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Tocopherol, Aqua/Water, Limonene, Coumarin, Linalool

on 11/5/2011 6:23:00 AM

Love the smell sooooo much! Love the soothing sweet smell that lasts, and stays in my sheets. if you use this everyday, the whole apartment will smell of this :)

It is more moisturizing than conventional shower gel/foams, but is not as moisturizing as i have expected it to be, esp. for colder months. So, i would say i like this for the smell, mostly.

I recommend though that it is best to use it up quickly towards the end, because otherwise it will gel up, smell funny and look pretty disgusting.

on 11/1/2011 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

This product is awesome! I have been using the Almond oil for a few yrs now..finally i tried this at the store at Roosevelt Fields Mall in Long Island NY and a few weeks later actually now with Sephora F&f Sale and I love this product as it is amazing...It lathers softly and is not tooo haevy..It leaves my skin feeling soft and moisturized

on 10/26/2011 12:53:00 AM

now this here is one of the reason why i fell in love with L'Occitane in the first place. The smell is divine and it leaves the skin so soft. The only down side to this is the price but all great things come at a price so it makes sense.
I definitely REPURCHASE and RECOMMEND to everybody!!!

on 10/3/2011 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Usually I have to moisturise after every shower as I have pretty dry skin. However, when I'm in a rush and have to skip the moisturiser I use this and it really saves my skin from drying out. It forms a milky, very light lather and has a sweet almond smell. I'm not the biggest fan of almond scents but this dries down to be quite subtle and pleasant. I like the balance between cleansing and moisturising properties, but if you need a really thorough clean you probably need something with more lather. This is also great for shaving your legs instead of using gel.

The packaging works well although eventually you will probably get water trickling into it and thickening the oil. However it's not half as bad as with other shower oils I've used and the slightly sqeezy container is better than a pump.

I've used Nivea, The Sanctuary and Nip + Fab shower oils in the past. L'Occitane remains my favourite: it smells better than Nivea/The Sanctuary (though not as lovely as Nip + Fab) and is more moisturising than Nivea or The Sanctaury. I found the Nip + Fab one the best for moisturising but it did a very poor job of actually cleaning me!

This is expensive (18-20 for 250ml) but as I use it infrequently and it's such a pleasure to use I don't particularly mind. I've given it to people as a gift numerous times and would definitely recommend it if you have the money.

on 9/19/2011 10:50:00 PM

I love this stuff! This replaced my Neutrogean Shower Gel in the blue as the best ever shower gel. Love the Fragrance, love the feel and love the fact it does not make my bath tub an oily mess. It is a bit on the pricey size but I have the travel size and will def. go out and repurchase it. It is also fabulous as a shave creme in a pinch

on 7/27/2011 6:56:00 PM

This shower oil is hydrating, with a slight almond scent. I don't like how it has sodium lauryl sulfate. Good winter buy.

this is amazing. i don't think i want/need another body wash ever for the rest of my life. it's moisturizing but doesn't clog your pores or make you break out. SO RARE! i work out 7 days a week so you would assume i would break out from hetting sweaty and using an oil cleanser, but nope! i'm just clean, blemish free, and hydrated <3 i am seriously in love with this product. please, l'occitane, for once do not discontinue the things i love!

on 5/7/2011 10:29:00 AM

Fabulous smell, beautiful texture. Skin saver in winter. Makes the whole bathroom smell nice! On my thrid bottle, an all-time favourite.

I actually really like how this feels: light, silky, low lather. The texture is very nice while in the shower, but I'm not noticing my skin being smoother or more moisturized when I get out. And I'm not crazy about the smell. I normally love almond scents but this one is too sweet, on the verge of being flowery to me. So meh. I wouldn't buy again because it's expensive and I don't LOVE it. It's just okay.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Consider me a lifetime customer of L'Occtane!!!! I only used this product for a week, but I have decided that I love it soooooooooooo much that I'll go ahead and post a review . This is pure aromatheraphy in the shower. Smells so sweet and has a genuine almond scent. It lightly lathers well and washes off beautifully. It leaves a discreet hint of sweet almonds on my skin and moisturizes exceptionally well. A little goes a long way, so I assume this bottle will last me at least 5-6 months.