September 17, 2014 | 1997 users online

Liquid - Christian Dior - Diorskin Airflash

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2013 9:47:00 AM More reviews by makeupsmad

I am on the fence about this one but full disclosure, I don't know that it's them...could be me. If it weren't for the price I'd say it's pretty great. The price is making me reassess if it's really THAT good.

I normally use tinted moisturizers/BB creams for my daily use and have used this 3-4 times for special occasions due to the price and that it's more coverage than I want for everyday. I bought it because I was looking for a fuller coverage foundation that would work for oily skin and the lady at Sephora suggested this.

It probably takes me 5-6 very quick spurts of spray to cover my whole face which I spray directly onto a brush and use a flat brush to dab it on areas around my face and blend it in. It feels very light, has a slight glow to it and goes on pretty well. I don't have a ton of acne or discoloration to cover up, so to me it looks "nice." It gives me very even-toned skin without looking like a caked-on mask. The lady gave me shade 100 because I'm on the pale side, but this takes out any of the warmth in my skin and makes me look washed out. Perhaps I'm not used to full coverage and that's throwing me off but unlike liquid foundations there's really no option to customize your color without it being a serious financial investment and I would assume quite cumbersome.

I do have large pores and dry patches and I feel like this changes to a powdery consistency which accentuates those a bit more than I'd like and something about it feels dry and active on my sensitive skin...almost like there's a decent amount of alcohol in it that dries up? Also don't accidentally get this on chapped lips because it will look TERRIBLE and won't come off. After a few hours the oil did show on me, but I'd say it held pretty well. I have tried this with primer and without and both worked fine. Without seemed to grab to my skin a bit better. I did break out a little bit each time as well but for me that's fairly normal with a full-coverage foundation.

All in all I think the foundation is great and if you have the $60 and it makes you happy, go for it. Do I think it's 5 times better than a Revlon Colorstay....I'm not sure.

Update: I have recently purchased Sephora's version since it is now summer and I'm too dark for the 100 shade. I figured before I shell out another $60 I will try the cheaper and compare. I still stand by my assessment that this is a nice foundation, but I also think there's a heavy amount of alcohol in here to dry and seal it down. My skin always feels dry when using this, which I don't like.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by natashik1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

As much as I disliked Sculpt by CD, I love this foundation! I am so glad I gave it try despite being hesitant to pay so much $$$. It is very easy to apply and blend, I use a sponge. Not sure how some just spray and go, lol? It doesn't distribute evenly without blending it after each spray.
I use the lightest shade and it suits me well. The only complaint is the price :( I think it should be priced at $50 or so, in Canada I pay $66 + tax which is insane. I hope this lasts long time, but don't have any experience in that regard with aerosoles.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2013 9:03:00 AM More reviews by lanaqashani

I looove this foundation. I have used dior foundations before and love them so I really wanted to try this. I was looking for something really easy to apply as I have 2 small kids this is so quick and easy if you just spray directly onto ur face. it can also be applied with a brush which looks amazing too and uses less of the product which is good because its a bit expensive and not always available where I live in iraq. the foundation is really long wearing too. love love love it, nothing bad to say

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by Vanessamucho

Its nice to find a foundation that covers without looking cakey.

I spray some into the can lid, use a MAC stippling brush, and voila, I have flawless looking skin. I love this stuff. It's pricey, but I think it's fantastic.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by CamiWillians

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the packaging first and foremost.

It comes in a can form.

Now I thought it would be a quick way to put on foundation in the mornings when rushing...just spray and go...but its actually more time consuming. I have to put on a head band to avoid getting foundation on my hair, wrap a towel around my chest & i have to clean off the foundation on my brows and lips. one way to avoid all this hassle is to spray on a sponge & spread it on your face, thats what the ma suggested...

I didn't really like the fact that I cant tell when the product runs outs either.

The formula is actually a liquid (but not the runny type of liquid) that dries to a powder finish really fast - so you gotta be quick to blend but you do save on the powder. Coverage wise its pretty heavy coverage. Definitely say it gives a flawless finish. I tested this and Diorskin Pure Light on my hand. This covered my greenish veins while I could still see my veins under the Diorskin.

I will repurchase

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 9:01:00 AM More reviews by inneroracle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Okay, I love this foundation. It is so easy to use. You spray it on to a foundation brush and you buff it on to your skin, and the coverage can be from medium to full coverage. But, it is so lightweight that it doesn't feel heavy at all. I do about 2 spritzes onto a foundation brush for my whole face -- the main reason for the second spritz is to go over problem areas a second time. I am using Marc Jacobs Foundation Brush I to apply this. The only problem I can see with this product is that I am wearing 100. I am either a light-medium or a light gal (depending on season). The color is great on me, but it might not work for the fairer gals out there. It also lasts all day. I don't need to touch up, and I don't notice this coming off on my hands or cell phone. I do use the Airflash CC Primer under it and touch up with the Airflash Matte Touch to set it. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2013 5:57:00 PM More reviews by misslizzybee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am hooked. I had wanted to try this for so long, and I finally went into nordstroms and tried it out. I have to say this make up in 100, is the best match to my skin color that I've ever found. It looks so natural, not makeup-ey at all. Even my fiance noticed a difference. Its also buildable, so you can use it to conceal. The price is eh but if you use a flat brush to apply it instead of spraying it directly, it lasts much longer and makes it worth it. I don't think I will be using another foundation again.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/7/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by Cherie92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have this in beige Clair 200.
Beautiful colour, nice packaging and seems to have a lot in the can. Price is ok for me as I think the amount you get and from dior it's reasonable.

First of all, I have dry patches on my face even though I exfoliate and moisturise. This is because I use benzoyl peroxide as I have suffered with acne.
The product does not stick to my dry patches at all! It drys very quickly and evenly, it really gives a perfect effect.

Using it on its own would be fine for people with clear skin but I have very red scars from acne so I use an anti bacterial light foundation first and top it up with dior flash for a flawless finish.

Sprayed on very quickly and easily when held around 30cm from face as holding too near will give u too thick coverage and will be cakey(made this mistake first time I used it and it looked sweaty and awful)

Ok now for the bad part;
As soon as you sweat you will have an heart attack when you look in the mirror! Huge chunks of the foundation seems to of disappeared and left your bare skin showing! The worst effect any foundation has ever had in years or trying and testing! When you try to fix it or cover it up it will make it worse honestly! This is however only if you are wearing a medium to full coverage of any foundation with this over the top or a full coverage of the dior flash by itself. Using a very light coverage will not have this effect when you sweat because u won't be able to notice a big difference

This foundation is excellent if you're not going to get hot or walk for very long. Don't wear this in hot weather!

I have tried to be fair and positive about the product as its good but the formula should have been better and sweat proof!
I will not buy this product again

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2013 2:48:00 PM More reviews by Chitowngrl75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just bought this three days ago....when I first applied it at home I was hooked!!!! it looked flawless on my skin! I have been battling adult acne and it covered my acne scars. But on the third day, I noticed my chin breaking out like crazy!! I totally revamped my skin care regime the last couple of months and my skin has been clear until today! :( I was able to keep my spots under control. All I was left to battle were my scars. But after I started using this product, I have some more spots to fight with. Waaaah!!!!!!

I really wanted to love this foundation. The way it looks on the skin is gorgeous!!! Super easy application as well. I was spraying it on my hand then using a kabuki brush to buff it on my face. But I guess it wasn't meant to be for me and this foundation. If you're skin isn't super sensitive to this, I would definitely buy it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2013 5:30:00 PM More reviews by Zemxo

Meh....I haven't really noticed a big difference. Doesn't do much for me really. I'll give it another shot though because it was so damn expensive and I will force myself to love this for that reason only lol