April 19, 2014 | 1687 users online

Powder - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Powder

rated 1 of 5 on 12/8/2012 9:46:00 PM More reviews by Sunkissed101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I found this to actually not control my oil as good as I thought it would. I hadn't even left the house, and my nose was already oily!! DISGUSTINGLY oily, and my skin usually isn't that terrible!
It also oxidized orange on my skin, making me look just like Snooki. It caked, it settled, it looked very noticeable on my pores, and I hate it.
The packaging is fine, I actually really liked the packaging, but the powder itself is terrible. I don't want to touch up every few seconds, and I DO NOT want to look like someone blew Cheetos dust all over my face.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2012 8:40:00 PM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For reference: nc30, warm

I've been using this powder to contour my face. I wear w3-4 in the loreal true Match line. I originally picked up neutral 6 (n6) to contour. I figured the w line would be too orangey and the c line would be too dirty/red looking. N6 barely showed up on my skintone as a contouring shade so I exchanged it for n7.

I love it! Color isn't too muddy nor too orange. I contour my cheekbones and nose with n7. Formula is super silky and pigmented. Another plus is that this product doesn't make me break out. I contour with a mac 109 brush. Def would repurchase!

Edit (2/27/13): I am now a nc20-25 and I still use n7 to contour/bronze during the day. I've also been loving n8 (cappuccino) for heavier contour at night.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2012 12:36:00 PM More reviews by BreeH2012

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this product again like the rimmel 25 hour foundation it makes me look white.
I love the packaging and the sponge- i am still undecided if i will repurchase the powder.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2012 4:20:00 AM More reviews by peachykeen01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a pretty good setting powder for the price. Definitely NOT a powder foundation as this offers no coverage. Lots of shades...I believe I had the W6. Comparable to MAC Select Sheer powder. I switched back to Studio Fix though, because I like the coverage better and also lasts longer than this. This works better in the winter, as it really doesn't control oil at all. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone with oily skin. However, if I was low on cash, I would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2012 12:38:00 AM More reviews by sophiapirie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't use liquid foundation so Im always looking for a good powder. I ran out of my jane ireadle powder (hands down best ever) i just can't afford it right now its so ridiculously over priced. anyway I got this in w2. The coverage is light. I prefer a little more building capability. but still it looks nice on my skin looks very natural which I do like. I'm very acne prone though so if I get a crazy break out ill have to find something with more coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2012 9:56:00 PM More reviews by franchen

I have this in W2 and I didn't like the finish of it. It was very sheer and cakey. So I decided to give it another chance and I got this in N7 and use it as a bronzer/ contour powder and it works great!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2012 7:21:00 PM More reviews by thaonlylakergirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I just bought this in C8 Cocoa and love it. My skin is chocolate and based on how it looked in the packaging, I thought this would look ashy because it doesn't have any reddish in it but I was suprised it didn't. My only complaint is the cheap looking packaging...pulling this compact out in front of others wouldn't be my proudest moment..lol. Also for the darker skin ladies, there are shades even deeper than Cocoa but you have to order them online. The compact is weird because the mirror is on the flip side of the compact.

UPDATE--- if you use the C8 Cocoa, you may have better luck using a brush to apply it. I made the mistake of touching up my face with the sponge it came with and it made my face that odd gray, army green color. I wish this powder had just a touch of reddish to it to pick up on red undertones a lot of dark skinned women have.

2nd UPDATE--- so after using the C8 Cocoa a few more times, I was not happy with the color match with my cocoa colored skin with reddish undertones so I returned it. I noticed on Drugstore.com, they sell some new, darker shades so I ordered Mahagony, Deep Warm, and Deep Cool that aren't sold in stores. All 3 look pretty much identical as C8 Cocoa. They look whitish on my dark skin. I imagine if I were desperate for powder, I could really blend them in and make it work but I choose not to so I will return them which is a pity because I love the texture of this powder but their color match for chocolate colored skin needs improvement.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2012 8:21:00 PM More reviews by sjlc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

why is this getting bad reviews???????? This is my HG! It's wonderful, fantastic. I use a powder puff to blot over foundation and takes out the shine without looking cakey. Flawless, matte, soft looking on skin but it would not be great for dry skin. Keeps my skin matte and has good coverage. I use warm 02 but im sure any color is great. No issues with this. Loooooooooove ❤

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2012 5:16:00 PM More reviews by jsannicolas

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG setting powder. I use my moisturizer mixed with concealer first, then set with this. Love it

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2012 10:43:00 AM More reviews by SparklyBeauty

I bought this powder after hitting pan on my Neutrogena powder foundation because I wanted to try something new- holy cow, is this powder extremely sheer and low coverage! If you're looking for something to cancel out redness, etc, this powder's not your best bet. This one almost reminds me of a setting powder, which isn't great for me because I tend to wear powder as my foundation. (Was that where I messed up- I should have gotten one that actually says "powder foundation"?) I will keep this powder to use to set my liquid foundation on the days I actually wear it.

SparklyBeauty