September 23, 2014 | 937 users online

Hair Treatments - Aveda - Damage Remedy Restructuring Treatment

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2010 4:13:00 PM More reviews by cmhwi

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My stylist recommended this treatment after I had my hair highlighted. In addition, I always get the roots done every month. I have naturally semi-coarse, thick hair. The highlighting caused some dryness, plus I have to contend with hard well-water.

The Damage Remedy Treatment normally should be used about once a week. My hair was very dry, so I used it every day for a week and a half. I can now feel a complete difference and it's silky and smooth. I also am trying the shampoo which is wonderful.

Even if this is a bit more pricey, it makes a difference - it does not merely coat the hair, it actually restores it to a silky texture. I might try other products in this line as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2010 10:41:00 AM More reviews by Doank

I love this treatment conditioner. I have platinum bleached hair that I touch up every 5 weeks at an Aveda salon. I also blow dry and flat iron every day. I know these products work. I use color conserve shampoo and then this conditioner every day. I have never had a problem with this being too much, but then my hair is bleached to white so I think my hair just needs it daily. I do not care for the regular conditioner but I can't be without this treament. I should say I have followed this routine for the last 4 years and my hair looks great. Now for styling I use Kerastase but the basic shampoo and conditioner are always Aveda. It is a little on the expensive side but it is worth it for me. You would never know the damage I do to my hair and I firmly believe it is because of these products.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2010 1:08:00 AM More reviews by searchanddestroy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This review is for Damage Remedy Intensive Restructuring Treatment, and it is great!!
I do not color my hair but I do wash it everyday and blow-dry/flat iron daily too.
My hair isn't horribly dry or damaged, but I like to give it a little treat every now and then to help it look and feel it's best.
It makes my hair so soft and shiny.
I was contemplating trying the shampoo and conditioner from the same line but have read that they aren't that great.
I will stick with Rosemary Mint/Brilliant/Shampure from Aveda (great shampoos and conditioners FYI).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2010 10:55:00 PM More reviews by tituch123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm not very impressed with the shampoo and conditioner, but I love the treatment!! Yes, it is very expensive for a tiny bottle, but worth every penny. Leaves my hair smooth, silky, and free of damage. Will definitely re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2009 4:50:00 PM More reviews by roroluca

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was LOVE upon first use. I had been devoted to my drugstore Pantene Pro-V Time Renewal Mask but the benefits of that mask quickly vanished in a few days and I had to use that mask twice a week in order to keep myself happy with my hair. Now I have smooth, thick hair that occasionally has some issues of frizz. Softness was something that I knew was impossible for my hair but I got a free sample of this from my Aveda salon after my first appointment there earlier this month. My hair has NEVER felt this soft or smooth and the effects last all week! Definitely worth it and it is my new HG :)

P.S. Some of the reviews of this product posted years ago sound odd - this IS a deep conditioning mask that you need to RINSE OUT. It's not a leave-in treatment or anything! After I shampoo, I immediately use this conditioner (I only need to use it once a week and a much smaller amount than I used to use the previously mentioned Pantene mask) and leave it in for a good 10 min and I rinse it off my hair as the last step in the shower. I naturally have straight hair but my hair feels SO much silkier and pin-straight after using this!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2009 6:57:00 PM More reviews by little7elf

This is a serious protein treatment. If this made your hair worse, you probably didn't really need it or used it too frequently. I made this mistake the first time that I sampled this. I used it right after a haircut when I had no split ends and found my hair incredibly tangly afterwards. However, I tried it again after a couple of months and it actually extended the amount of time I could go with out a trim. Since adding protein to your hair makes it tangly, I now follow through with another conditioner packed with silicones and slip and afterwards my hair actually feels strong. it not soft, silky, or shiny, it just feels healthy and strong like I take tons of vitamins everyday. Anyhow, use with caution and only if you really need it otherwise, it could end up making your hair unmanageable.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2009 11:49:00 AM More reviews by coletteJ

I think this is a great treatment for my hair. I bleach & tone my hair and use a flat iron a fair amount so I do need to give it some TLC. I like to put this on after the shower in damp hair and sleep in it. My hair is so silky the next morning. The only down side is the price....a little rediculous I say.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2009 7:50:00 AM More reviews by azuree1975

Whether this treatment had any effect on my hair at all is debatable.

I honestly could not tell whether the (many) dollars spent had done anything at all.

It was after this product that I decided to stop listening to my otherwise great hairdresser (whose salon only stocks Aveda products) and stop throwing money down the drain.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2009 1:58:00 PM More reviews by ames1001

I do like this stuff but it can be hit and miss for me- i have to leave it on for a longish time but the results can be great! love the smell - makes my hair feel great- only lasts till next wash so not sure if this actually does anything to your hair in the long run, tad expensive for me atm as a student but i like the idea of aveda with them being natural etc - ultimatley great price, consistency, smell, ethic just pricey and dont get loads because i love to slather this on!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2009 8:54:00 PM More reviews by psmitty

Too bad this doesn't work on my hair! It makes it greasy, frizzy and straw-like. I have fairly low-maintenence hair- thick, straight, not too damaged and responds well to treatments. For some reason, my hair feels so much worse after using this. My regular Joico Moisture Recovery conditioner works so much better. Waste of money!