August 1, 2014 | 1882 users online

Sunscreen - Ocean Potion - Anti-Aging Sunblock SPF 50

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2005 1:13:00 AM More reviews by endlessmike

This is my favorite everyday sunscreen. It can be a little shiny or oily-looking, but it absorbs pretty well and it feels very light! I am not a fan of the scent, but it is better than the "sunscreen scent". if i was going to be out in the sun for a long time i would use something with a physical block over it, though.

Edit: I don't use it anymore after a trip to the UK, and now the scent feels "dirty"

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2005 1:15:00 PM More reviews by flamencovixen

For a US sunscreen, this is pretty decent. It is broad spectrum and is photostable. As other reviewers have mentioned, this does give you a sheen but I use this s/s on my body in place of body lotion as a moisturizer and sunscreen. I actually like the orange creamsicle scent and I like that the price is reasonable compared to a lot of other sunscreens. For a 6 fl oz bottle, I paid $4.97 at Walmart, which was the only place that had this brand. (I use a European sunscreen for my face and neck, called La Roche Posay Anthelios Dermo pediatrics SPF 60 - too pricey to use it all over my body). I use this brand for my body in rotation with other US suncsreens (No AD SPF 45 and Hawaiian Tropic Oil Free Faces SPF 30).

The only negative is that it contains oxybenzone and there are concerns regarding its absorption and toxicity. But most US drugstore sunscreens that I have seen contain oxybenzone.

In the meantime, I will continue to use this until I find something better.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2005 3:02:00 AM More reviews by chloeishere

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a fine sunscreen for the body, but I wouldn't recommend it for use on the face.
I bought this for facial sunscreen, and it undoubtedly broke me out. Badly. I am pretty positive that this is what did it, since it was the only thing that changed in my skincare/makeup regimen. It also made me shiny and greasy, and my makeup wore off faster when I wore it. Obviously, it didn't get used very long.

I've been using it on my arms, and for that it works perfectly fine. It does give your skin a sheen, and the creamsicle smell lasts quite a while. It got 3 lippies despite my face's horrific reaction to it because: It has broad spectrum (UVA1, 2, and UVB) protection, and it is waterproof.

It's worth mentioning that my facial skin is so unhappy with this product that I have to wash my hands after I apply it to my arms, before I touch my face again. I suspect the Parsol 1789 is what is so bad, and have avoided sunscreens with it since.

I will not repurchase, even for use on the body, because there are better sunscreens at a better price, that won't require bizarre measures to avoid facial contact. But I will finish this bottle.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2005 4:33:00 PM More reviews by SLG3

This stuff stinks so bad!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2005 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Daisy1012

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This worked great under my makeup and I found it absorbed super fast and was not the least bit greasy. Smells like cake batter to me which I liked but it didn't linger anyway. No breakouts and cheap to boot. I will be wearing more sunscreen now because of this stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2005 9:01:00 AM More reviews by thejunglerose

This sunscreen is actually affordable AND stable! It is a little bit shiny, but not terribly so. I have used it on my face even! Only thing I don't like: The supposed creamsicle smell for me smells more like stale greasy cake smells. I hate smelling stale food on my skin. But the price and effectiveness are worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2005 6:49:00 PM More reviews by Auryane

Pros:I'm pretty much obligated to give this a 5, since I've bought about 5 bottles of this over 2 years. This is cheap ($5-10 depending on the store), and it does work well. I don't use this on my face (except as a last resort, or when I go swimming), but it works wonderfully on my body. It's water/sweat resistent (but you'd still want to reapply). This does irritate my skin: 95% of sunblocks will.

Cons: This doesn't absorb as fast as other sunblocks, it leaves a bit of a "sheen" on the skin which can be annoying for those of us who like to keep the entire look matte. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2005 1:55:00 PM More reviews by mmhilla

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

great sunscreen, my whole family uses this, it smells delish...like an orange creamscicle. I have been buying this faithfully. I am not so sure about any antiaging qualities to this, but the spf50, price and smell keep me coming back to it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2005 6:23:00 PM More reviews by AlFitz614

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this ss! I use it everyday on my arms and legs and it has acually kept my freckles from showing up. It has a sweet, citrus smell which is perfect for summer. It goes in smooth, and soaks in really quickly. The best part is that it's stable! I'm guessing the PPD is somewhere around 8. Will repurchase.
I emailed the company, and this is the list of active ingrediants w/ the percentages. Homosalate - 10% Octisalate - 5% Oxybenzone - 5% Octocrylene - 2% Avobenzone - 2% continued >>