MAC Blooz Eye Kohl

4.4

on 3/1/2007 12:51:00 PM

I like this blue/black eyeliner and was tempted to buy it after a magazine article and the positive reviews on MUA. I love the colour - pure black is way too harsh for me (PPP + hazel eyes and fair lashes)and brown can be a bit yawn. The downside to that is that it can travel alarmingly up to the crease line, and being of a certain age with crepier eyelids, that is a bit of a problem. I would love a mascara in this colour.

on 12/29/2006 10:08:00 AM

I usually head straight for MAC powerpoint pencils because I love their staying power but a SA applied this on me recently and it looked great. It is a shimmery black blue liner as others have stated but not too shimmery to be gaudy. It is very subtle on me (NC 44). It lookes great paired with a smokey eye color like charcoal or dark navy. It smudges more than a powerpoint of course but I didn't notice any major issues with it fading away. If they made this in a powerpoint, I'd give it 5 lippies but I am still pleased with the liner. It's a nice addition to your collection especially if you already have basic brown, black and charcoal liners.

on 12/17/2006 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm

I really like this. Yes, it does smudge, but that's what it's supposed to do. Its a shimmery dark blue. Beautiful. A nice alternative to black. And because it's blue, makes the whites of eyes look whiter (since I have a problem with redness sometimes). Kinda wish that it came in a powerpoint instead of a Kohl, but ah well. I still love it.

Ooh, I really really like this. The shade is blue without being TOO blue, if ya know what I mean. It's really smooth, glides on, stays put, beautiful color, what more could you want?

on 4/15/2006 8:03:00 AM

First off... Eye Kohls smudge. If you want something that is going to last and is smudge-proof, you should look up MAC's powerpoints or fluidlines.

For me, my waterline looks too harsh if it's fully lined or even 3/4 lined. My eyes look small (I am Asian) if it's just a straight line. That's why it's best it's smudged for me. It makes my eyes stand out more. I also like to line my UPPER waterline, but it has a tendency to fall to my lower lash line, therefore it's only a 4 for overall rating!

The blue isn't very visible, it's more charcoly-dark blue when applied. But if it's used wet, the blue is amazing. It stands out very well, try it!

You may be thinking I can find the same effect using a drugstore brand, but I like the colour range MAC makes.

on 1/10/2006 2:34:00 AM

Mac Blooz is a shimmery deep, deep almost black blue, depending on how it is applied it can appear black, i wish the blue would show up more and that it had more staying power, then again i do have oily eyelids (eewww lol). I use it when i go out and stick with Mac Teddy for daytime.

on 1/5/2006 1:51:00 PM

I was so reluctant to try this (because I prefer a conservative look, make-up wise) but I am very glad that I did! I have nicely shaped large eyes but they are blah-blue and it has been difficult for me to figure out the best way to highlight them. This liner is definitely it! I tighhtline with it and it really looks stunning!

on 12/18/2005 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Blooz is such a stunning eyeliner. I never thought I could pull off blue eyeliners, but I have gotten more compliments with Blooz than with any other eyeliners in my regular rotation! It's a gorgeous dark midnight, slightly cobalt blue with subtle shimmer. My favorite way to wear this is with Coco pigment on the lid and Blooz smudged on my upper and lower lashline for a slightly more dramatic look. Another great kohl that accentuates my hazel eyes!

on 9/28/2005 5:25:00 AM

A shimmering dark blue eye kohl. Man, can you ask for anything better?! This has got to be one of my favorite eyeliners because it warrants a "double take" from people. It is dark enough to pass for black at night but there is a super super subtle purple/red iridesent shimmer that makes it so sweet. When you dust some eyeshadow on it the background colors in this are duly enhanced. Try it out! :) A way cool eyeliner. :)

on 8/23/2005 8:33:00 PM

Blooz is a beautiful color, a "better than black" shade of deep, dark blue. Just a side note, this color is remarkably similar to Icon Eyes, only Icon eyes leans more towards purple. Both are so dark though, the difference is nominal. I will say both of these colors really make my hazel eyes stand out, though there is no need for one if you have the other. As for the kohls themselves, there is just no other eyeliner that can touch them. They are soft, pliable, and so easy to work with. As these are kohls, they don't have the most notable staying power. All things considered, they last pretty long. I like how they fade off my eyes as well. They get sexier as the night wears on.

Top Rated MAC Products