August 22, 2014 | 1041 users online

Moisturizers - Lumene - Energy Cocktail pampering drops

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2008 2:28:00 PM More reviews by nmarieke

I am giving this a RAVE review. I started using it about 4 weeks ago after finding it at CVS for 1/2 off (what a bargain!). I had good luck with the lumeme eye treatment (with the roller-ball applicator), so I decided to put aside my anti drug store snobbery and give it a try. Here in Boston the winter weather outdoors and the dry heat indoors is a real moisture zapper! I have slightly acne prone, dry-in-the winter skin, that has a tendency to look dull with slow cell turnover (which I remedy with Retin-A every other day as well as the occasional peel or micro-d). I apply this product in the morning (over the lumene c capsules, under mositurizer w spf) and in the evening (over retin a and under a thicker night cream) Well this makes my skin GLOW and it has got to have some other goodies in it, because my tone has become so even that I don't even use foundation anymore. Plus it smells so pretty and is fun to use! I have gotten compliments from friends, my boyfriend, and my facialist. I would pay 2x the price, or more! I am becoming slowly convinced that you don't have to pay $70-100 for incredible skin care!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2007 8:24:00 AM More reviews by marme

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wonderful! My skin glows when I use this!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2007 8:32:00 PM More reviews by BavSnob

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a RAVE review for the Lumene Pampering Drops. This product is WONDERFUL! I love it! My skin is dry dry dry and acne prone which makes finding successful products difficult. I bought this at the beginning of the summer based on reviews here, I liked it then, used it on and off for a while, then put it away - I dont really even remember why. As the winter rolled around the cold air sucked out the little bit of life my skin had left. I tried this again every morning under my moisturizer for the past week or so and WOW is all I can say. Im wondering if this has any potential for having healing properties because when I started this again I had some pimples scattered about, and now my skin looks absolutely fantastic. The moisture level is back up in my skin aswell (and my skin was cracking it was so dehydrated).
As I said, I use this under my moisturizer. It makes me look very shiny for a few minutes, but I love that since my skin is so dry - so I let it sink in a bit then apply my Olay Age Defying creme (which has a BHA to also help problem skin) and the shinyness is gone, I'm left with a nice pretty SUBTLE healthy dewy look after I finish applying makeup. Even my dad complimented my skin the last two days in a row now and he normally dosnt notice ANYthing in that sense :-) No breakouts, no extra clogged pores, I love using this, shaking up the oils is too fun, packaging is decent, and I think its worth the price at CVS. Id pay double for it with out hesitation.
EDIT: fear not ladies! this isnt discontinued, its just repackaged! The new package isnt with the rest of the lumene products yet (at least not at my CVS) but it is still available. Also, watch the expiration date on the clearance items, some that i picked up expired a year ago! good thing they were cheap, i had to toss them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2007 10:26:00 AM More reviews by LuthienTinuviel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

What a lovely and unique product! For reference, I'm 41yrs old w/ oily skin yet experience occasional isolated dry patches during the winter months (esp. around the outer edges of my nostrils and sometimes around my brows and chin). I've met with moderate success over the years using dabs of SSC Vit. C line Moisture Cushion to combat these dry areas, but wanted to see if another product might perform better. This product definitely does just that! Bought this on sale at CVS about 6 weeks ago after reading so many glowing reviews and postings here and have been highly pleased so far. I use just a half a pumpful all over my face both AM & PM w/ a little extra around my nose in the PM. Although initially a bit oily in texture, it very quicky absorbs into the skin so that I can apply my s/s or nighttime treatments within just a few minutes. Perhaps it's just my imagination, but I'm convinced that since commencing use of this product, my skin seems to possess a slight dewiness and very flattering glow that bears no resemblance to that unattractive oily sheen I often have to endure. Additionally, my skin can be a bit sensitive and I've suffered absolutely no breakouts or irritation from this product and have even used it carefully around my eye area. That said, I think this is a great product for combo or oily skinned folks as a very effective means of combatting winter-related skin dehydration w/o the heavy greasiness usually associated with typical moisturizing creams and lotions.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2007 12:23:00 AM More reviews by AZsugarpie

This moisturizer is so luscious on my skin. It feels so soft and there is a gentle hint of fragrance that is yummy. It is so pretty and pink when you shake up the bottle and it just melts and soaks into my skin and does not feel greasy, just dewy and soft as can be. I usually use one pump, sometimes one and a half pumps depending on the condition of my skin. Paula Begoin says there is nothing special about the ingredients in this serum but I don't care, it is free of waxy fillers and thickening agents so it does not cause clogged pores.

ALSO AVAILABLE AT TARGET STORES!!!!!! note: this product is not going to be discontinued, the packaging of it has changed so if you got it for those cheap prices, they were probably trying to get rid of the old packaging.

Rose Treatment Oil by DHC has more impressive ingedients and this would be my first choice before the Pampering Drops. I like both though.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2007 12:12:00 PM More reviews by prettyangel

Look at the experation date before you buy it! i bought mine this month and it already expires in 12/07. I dont even think i will finish using it in time. With that said, at first i wasnt sure if i could use this product since it looked like 2 oils being mixed togehter. Im combo, very acne prone on my forehead. I've been using tazorac every other day so my skin as been DRY everywhere else but my forehead, so i needed some help. This combined with the energy cocktail fortifying creme will work wonders for super duper dry skin AND no breakouts. I bought this BOGO 1/2 off at CVS and normal retail price is 17.99 i believe. Yah expensive for Drugstore stuff but still cheaper then high end works just as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2007 10:53:00 AM More reviews by vnessuh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I decided to buy this a few months ago when my skin was busting out with hella dry patches that would crack and flake on my cheeks despite the fact that I was using moisturizer. I found it a little on the expensive side for drugstore stuff, but decided i would try it before buying a peel or microderm abrasion to slough off all that dead skin. WHOA, this stuff is a miracle in a bottle. I think everyone can use this. REMEMBER Oily skin types still need to hydrate their skin in order to avoid sebum overload. It does not clog your pores! I think of anything better to say for this stuff. My face GLOWS when i use this, not to mention, it's super super super super soft. I'll buy this forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2007 1:55:00 AM More reviews by redhed13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for about a week and my skin is glowing. I have acne-prone, combination skin and this has not made me break out at all. I put it on at night before bed. I've also been taking biotin for the last week too, so that may have something to do with why my skin looks so good.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2007 1:18:00 AM More reviews by silkybee

Beautiful to look at and to use. I love having this on my makeup stand. It is the only product I have found to date that actually moisturizes the extra-dry parts of my face and gets rid of the flakies. Extra bonus is that it doesn't cause any breakouts or clogged pores! Great for those of us with really dry skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2007 1:04:00 AM More reviews by LadyValea

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great stuff..love to shake the bottle and mix the oils.. works great for night time mositurizing...I spray the dream mist over this and in the morning wake-up with nice glowy skin...Great price at CVS ...edit 12/23/07

just purchased my second bottle...Lumene now has a New improved formula of the energy drops..its in a slender top heavy glass bottle , feels great and not so oily!!!