October 24, 2014 | 1681 users online

Fragrances - Annick Goutal - Ce Soir Ou Jamais

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2006 8:09:00 AM More reviews by dancingoutlaw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Iím going to blame my disliking of this one on two things: most Annick Goutals just donít work for me, and I'm unbelievably picky about rose--more than any other note. On me this is a dry, softer version of Quel Amor. Itís clean like QA, but isnít quite as lush or fragrant. This one is a little quieter in its presence, which I can appreciate. I like Ce Soir Ou Jamais, but it isn't a favorite.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2006 12:18:00 PM More reviews by tippie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A delightful summer combo of two faves, sliced fresh peaches steeped in red wine,which my grandmother used to serve for dessert many, many years ago on hot summer nights, and fragrant roses.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2006 12:55:00 PM More reviews by eelriverrose

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm going to break up the slug-fest and say that I think Ce Soir Ou Jamais is a beautiful fragrance on me. I have tried literally dozens of roses, including offerings from Serge Lutens, Frederick Malle, L'Artisan, Creed, MPG, Jo Malone -- oh, you all know the drill -- and it is one of the few that I truly enjoy and wear well. I think it is more like a rhapsody on roses, as there are many supporting notes, and they are well-blended and evocative of a French garden in high summer just past the heat of the day when fruits are exuding their fragrance along with the flowers. It is a warm scent, and so that might explain why on some people's skin it is abominable, but on my cool, dry skin it just sings and the note stays shy of over-blooming. I don't find it particularly sexy, but neither is it a scent for your 10 year old niece. I find it happy, self-contained and self-confident, and was surprised that it works for me, where FdTRB, Rose a la Nuit, Une Rose, Lipstick Rose, and so many others simply do not.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2006 8:13:00 PM More reviews by takemyhusbandplz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

In my opinion this is very much like Quel Amour also by Annick Goutal. This is like walking into a flower cooler full of crimson roses. This isn't very long lasting on my skin. Very interesting and pretty. Yet, it's not bottleworthy in my opinion. I've yet to find any Annick Goutal fragrance that I'm in love with. Tho, if I had to choose a rose perfume this one would be it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2006 12:24:00 PM More reviews by djsaphira

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was looking around the nordstrom equvalent here in Canada, Holt Renfrew,and they had an AG counter. I got curious and gave my wrist a spritz with Ce Soir ou Jamais. Wow, what a rose. And the dry down was lovely. It's just way too expensive and I have tons of expensive perfumes. But i think the name "Tonight or Never" is absolutely perfect for it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2006 2:09:00 PM More reviews by devil_girl

This is a fabulous spring rose fragrance. Pink tea roses and peaches, with an initial alcoholic blast that dries down to a perfect vintage rose perfume. When I wear this I imagine rummaging though the attic of an old victorian house, and finding a bouquet of dried flowers.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2006 7:45:00 AM More reviews by willemtje

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Too much rose for me. I like a creamy rose blend, but all I get from this one is loads of lingering red roses and it reminds me of bathroom refresher, so for me it's unwearable. The fragrance itself is not unpleasant or bothering, but it does not blend with my skin, does not become 'me'. I tried the EDP and it lasting power is amazing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2006 11:14:00 PM More reviews by amykelley

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Rose fragrances fall into 2 categories for me - realistic or grandma's sachet. This one is definitely the latter, despite the pleasant initial booziness. Not one of my favorite AG scents.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2006 6:22:00 PM More reviews by nancybridget02091979

Hello Rose! Hello Flowers!! The bouquet of Ce Soir Ou Jamais cannot help but smack you in the face. This is simply overpowering, and I'm a fair weather friend when it comes to rose in the first place, and this definately pushed the limits. The only AG I've fallen hard for so far is Ceil, so I guess I must continue trying more....

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2006 9:37:00 PM More reviews by Chamuda

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I agree. Wine and roses. And a bit too sweet. It's perfectly wearable, but not my favorite rose scent by a mile.