October 20, 2014 | 1203 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Foundation brush

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2013 12:16:00 AM More reviews by dbc202

Found this brush at my Dollerama. Elf isn't really sold where I live so I was super excited. The brush is affordable which I like but it really doesn't work as a foundation brush. You can only really use it to place it on your face. To actually blend it you need to use your hands or a different brush so I don't really know why they called it a "Foundation" brush. Overall I give it a 2/5 because I find it kind of pointless of a brush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2013 1:24:00 AM More reviews by sivadore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I actually was very surprised by this brush, especially for $1. It's soft, and as long a you use a light hand and not too much product, the finish is quite nice. I use it to spread as well as blend. I"m not sure how long the metal will stay attached to the wooden handle, I've had other e.l.f. brushes fall apart after multiple cleanings. This one seems pretty solid though, I purchased 2 and use both regularly, clean both regularly, and both are holding up well!

I would recommend this brush without hesitation.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2013 1:51:00 PM More reviews by Juliexoxo98

It's a good brush for spreading foundation, but for applying it, it just didn't work for me. It's a very nice brush, but not ideal for me. For a dollar though, it's a good buy. xoxo Julie

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2013 11:13:00 PM More reviews by zrwr00

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

ok so i live in canada and my target doesnt carry elf nor does my target and i hate ordering online, so i get my elf products from the dollar store when they have them (which is kinda rare) so I got this brush recently, not too long ago. First impressions:
Packaging: alright, i cant complain it is the same as a lot of other higher end brushes come in
Look: it looks chic and simple i mean its black handled the only thing that i would changed if possible is the orange coloured bristles to a brown or black colour
feel: the feel of the brush on my hands and fingers is AMAZING its soft and lush surprisingly so for a synthetic cheap brush.

using the brush: it was OKAY i think all brushes for foundation like this leave streaks then i just blend it after and its all good. For peoples comments on the glue coming undone, i havent experiened it but if i did i would just glue it eh its only 1$ i dont care if i havento put a little glue on it. But i think minenis actually a studio line one which is different than the pic.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2013 1:32:00 PM More reviews by vivala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Just got this brush a few days ago from Target, it's one of my favorite foundation brushes! I usually use the ELF powder brush to apply/ blend my foundation but I thought I would give this a try, and I was not disappointed! It applys nicely on my face and blends quickly- best drugstore foundation brush for the price!

PROS:
Perfect size
Applys evenly on face
Blends quickly
Easy to clean

CONS:
Collects face oils (need to wash increased)
Applys small amounts at a time

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2013 5:29:00 PM More reviews by madlynn12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a really good brush !!!!!! I don't understand why people say it leaves streaks :) I love it and its only $1.50 at the dollorama so if ur on a budget like me :) GET IT !!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/4/2013 8:52:00 PM More reviews by Mford11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried out this foundation brush because ive never used a brush to apply my foundation, and it was terrible! It doesnt blend well and leaves streaks and lines all over your face. I've since used other foundation brushes that have softer bristles and find that those work better. Do not recommend this brush!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2013 7:31:00 PM More reviews by DMlover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yes it is makes your liquid foundation a bit streaky but come on it's only $1. I still have mine and I rarely reach for it unless I forget to wash my current one. It beats using your hands.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2013 9:49:00 PM More reviews by msissy11

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I purchased the foundation brush at the Dollar Tree in my area, I've never used one before, but I absolutely love it! My foundation goes on smooth and even and I use less of it because of this brush. I would definately recommend this to anyone who uses these types of applicators that has a tight budget.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2013 9:12:00 PM More reviews by southberry31

I typically don't use a paddle foundation brush because it tends to leave a streaky look. I do not use it for concealer either but I will tell you what I use it for. highlight and blush. I like that it has a tapered tip so I can apply my Mary Lou-minizer from the balm and any blush. I cant really recommend it because it is either you like it or don't.