October 21, 2014 | 1204 users online

Foundations - Wet 'n' Wild - Ultimate Cover Smooth Foundation

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2007 2:59:00 PM More reviews by kself

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the first foundation I've ever worn. I got it because it was cheap and I wanted to see if it would cover pimples and make my skin look smoother overall. It did make a difference although it's a little hard to get out of the bottle and control amount. I thought I wouldn't be able to feel it on my face once it was on, but I can feel it on my forehead and it feels thick although it doesn't look weird or anything. I thought it looked good with the pressed powder over it. I probably won't buy it again though because it smells like noxzema.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2007 10:26:00 AM More reviews by jetfan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really really loved the way this foundation left my skin looking, I was so excited to find such nice coverage for such a cheap price. My skin was actually glowing, I did find the smell a little weird, not bad, just weird, but it went away quickly, but as usual, all good things must come to an end. With one day of wear, I woke up the next morning with a face full of white heads. DARN!!! EDIT: I decided to try this again, and so far so good, been about 3 weeks, no breakouts. I really do like this stuff, go figure!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/6/2007 9:30:00 PM More reviews by aeroxy82

I am SOOO suprised by all the good reviews for this product. I logged on expecting that it would have terrible reviews. I got this foundation because I was staying at my sister's house overnight and forgot my makeup, and I didn't want to spend a lot for replacement makeup. The only good thing I can say about this is the consistency-on the thick side. From that, I expected coverage. I was so wrong. I might as well have been putting plain sunblock on my face, there was no coverage whatsoever. And the shade I got, Cafe, was orange-ish and didn't look natural at all. But who cares, when you spread it out it disappears. On a side note, I do really like other WnW products, like the blushes and eyeshadows. But this foundation blows. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2007 11:23:00 PM More reviews by niarai

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in HONEY yet, i should have gotten it in CAFE. HONEY is way too light on me. To really get it out, i have to keep hitting in the palm of my hand so it comes out alot. other than that, i definetly like it. and yes, it does have a smell to it yet, you don't notice it after awhile. plus, all the ingredients in it are good for you. At such a cheap price where are us ladies going to find that.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2007 10:21:00 AM More reviews by ABCinVA

Wow. I was browsing in CVS for a new foundation and as soon as I saw the Honey color I thought, that looks really perfect.

I tested a bit on my wrist and indeed, a great match. It smelled a little strong, but wore off quickly.

UPDATE: I've been using for a few weeks and I'm starting to break out. Might be too heavy. Only use for emergencies or if you are broke

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2007 11:53:00 PM More reviews by hether2783

I am really impressed with this. It goes on very thin, but it looks nice. I wouldn't say it has "ultimate coverage," but it's sufficient. Like most everybody else, I figured, What the heck, for $1.99, I may as well try it. I am so surprised-- it's great! Honestly, it's almost as good as my $40.00 Prescriptives creme foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2006 11:01:00 AM More reviews by klyde

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've used this in Honey for a few years now. It has replaced my HG - the original Bobbie Brown liquid foundation (before SPF added). Color and consistency seem comparable to me. It has a scent and that usually really bothers me, but this does not. I thin it with a little water (I did this with BB too) and use it on my neck and chest as well as my face. It's the best thing I've found since BB was changed. It's only about $3 and does not use animal testing - I won't use Cover Girl, Olay, or Sally Hansen - there are so many good alternatives.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2006 3:42:00 PM More reviews by melloyello

I am very suprised that this foundation didn't get better reviews. I have sensitive skin and I break out frequently when trying new products. I was in Walgreens looking for a foundation because I ran out of Everyday Minerals. I saw that this foundation had minerals and cucumber extract so I thought what the heck, it sounds pretty gentle. This stuff rocks. I have combination skin and it feels like it tightens your skin and at the same time it isn't overly dry or oily. It does smell funny when you put it on (like Noxema) but the smell goes away after a few minutes. I really love this stuff. Especially for the $2.99 price tag. I would say it is one of the best foundations I have used. It is very gentle and it covers well. It even covers the sunspots that I have on the bridge of my nose. I usually have to use CoverBlend for that. I will be repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2006 4:49:00 PM More reviews by luvsbrdeddragns

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This stuff was just nasty. I've always been leery of W&W products, but I HAVE found a few great things. This foundation had great reviews so I thought for $2.99, I'd give it a whirl. GROSS. Immediately sank into every pore on my face. Thank God it was immediate so I could wash it off and put something else on before I walked out of the house.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2006 1:53:00 AM More reviews by merinetrader

I was going to purchase Loreal Infallable foundation but did not want to spend 14.00. I noticed the Wet and Wild Ultimate Cover and found that the Honee 854 was a better match for my skin tone. It was so inexpensive I decided to try it.
Except for the Noxema type fragrance, I really like this foundation. I'm 51 years old, still have combination skin, and never ever use foundation on my forehead.
This stuff works just as good or better than the big boys!!Did not settle into nasal labial lines or pores or gives a beautiful soft finish. I usually set with powder but didn't need to with this. The result is a natural glowy look, not greasy, heavy, or too drying. AND how can you beat the price?? Wet and WIld has a real winner with this foundation. ( I found the smell to disappear after a while, not a problem)