April 18, 2014 | 2028 users online

Blush - Laura Mercier - Cheek Colour in Rose Petal

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2010 2:16:00 AM More reviews by ashleydutta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have finally found my HG blush!! It is like it was specifically made for my complexion & skin tone. I have very fair skin, but I am "warm" toned, meaning I have only yellow and golden undertones. So many blushes are too "cool" for me. This is a beautiful pink with just the right amount of "warmth" in it. It looks incredibly natural on my face - just like I'm naturally healthy and glowy - NOT like I'm wearing blush. Even my husband commented on how much he like it.

DESCRIPTION: a beautiful light pink with a touch of peach to give it warmth. It is the perfect amount of pigmentation - it glides on beautifully and you only need to tap your brush in it a bit to get the right amount of color. Applies very smoothly on the skin, making my skin look smoother than it really is :)

the only CON is the small, small amount. for $24, this blush should be double the size it is - for instance for basically the same price NARS and other high end brands give twice as much as this. It is so small that it is the size of Laura Mercier's eye shadow compacts! I guess this means I'll have to re-purchase more often than I'd like, but I'll do it because I don't want to ever be without this gorgeous blush ;-)!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2010 2:03:00 PM More reviews by KASelway

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this blush on a whim at Sephora. I was looking for a new blush to change up my usual routine of NARS Orgasm, which to be honest is too shimmery and flashy (at least on my pale skin) to wear daily to work. The soft rose color is a bit on the coral side but looks really natural on my skin! The color lasts all day, but that might also have to do with the fact that I use Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation so my skin is already matte and the color has something to hold on to that isn't oily. I highly recommend this for anyone with paler skin. As a point of reference I'm somewhere in between a NC15 and NW15 (I don't use MAC foundation due to the lack of shade selection), and the color looks very natural. I've only had this blush for 5 days and have already received quite a few compliments! Definitely worth the $24 I paid. Will purchase again!

EDIT: I tried going back to NARS Orgasm after using this for a month, and I stand by my original review. This product applies and stays so much better than Orgasm, plus it looks much more natural! Definitely a HG!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2010 3:01:00 AM More reviews by avantgardelovers

i love this! it really brightens up my face when i have it on. i think sephora.com describes it as a matte pale pink, but its a gorgeoussss bright peachy pink. a little goes a long way!

i loveeeee.

PS best of all, it lasts all day :)

usually i'm a huge nars fan, but got sick of the packaging always getting dirty, so it was a relief to deal with straight up plastic again :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2010 2:00:00 PM More reviews by mrslid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Fantastic colour on my fair skin. Beautiful natural looking flush. It looks quite pink in the compact but goes on with a nice hint of peach. I was surprised by how pigmented it is. Very easy to build up a nice colour with little product. Very pleased.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2010 2:30:00 AM More reviews by wonderbuy

This is a fantastic yellow based pink which is very pretty. The formula is very smooth and only a tiny dab is needed, lasts all day and gives a matt, polished finish. This is much better than Chanel Tea Rose JC, they are similar in tone but that is just too frosty and it falls out a bit as well. This is also similar to MAC Dainty, but of course much higher quality, doesnít make you look like a disco ball and lasts all day. I can see this working on light-med skin tones, if you are very yellow, it may look slightly coral as well. The texture is similar to MAC Pink Swoon, which is also very finely milled. I highly recommend this if you are after a true, yellow based pink, the formula canít be beat.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2009 11:43:00 PM More reviews by euroasian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

This might possibly be my favourite blush out of...too many to count. Rose Petal is a beautiful clear pink/peach colour, leaning more on the pink side. Most pink/peach blushes tend to look flourescent on my skin, but this is the perfect balance of colour. Lovely texture, pigment, and compact. I think I may get a spare.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2008 3:49:00 AM More reviews by nverno

I love the Laura Mercier blushes. I own "Rose Petal" and "Azalea." They're never too sparkly or bright, but just enough beautiful color to accent the rest of your look. The pigmentation and staying power are excellent.

Rose Petal is described on the sephora.com website as being "vivid rose pink." I see how it is a rose pink, but when I look at it on my face I definitely see a little bit of a soft coral in it.

The color looks very cool and bright in the pan, but once you apply, it looks sweet, soft, and rosy-glowy. Like more of a healthy, natural look.

The quality of the makeup is so good that this really stays on all day. Most blushes do not. Also, all you have to do is dip your brush onto the blush once and then apply to your cheek; that's all the color you're going to need. Do that again for your other cheek and you'll see what I mean. No need to keep dipping back in to get more color. So you use less, and it ends up being a better value.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2008 6:35:00 PM More reviews by foreverfrench

I love this color. It isnt a color most women would pick up but i challenge you to try it! its the perfect natural flush. you dont have to use the pinks or peaches or corals to get a really nice cheek!
Use rose petal with orchid mosaic (shimmer block) and its is gorgeous!!!! any woman could wear this color!

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2008 9:13:00 AM More reviews by anna_hstad

Love it. This is a very natural fresh looking rosey blush. Very finely milled, high quality blush that is easy to use.
A perfect colour! Tried LM Nectar but it didnt show on me at all... keeping this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2008 11:00:00 AM More reviews by annie_b

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a very pretty basic shade for everyday wear. At Sephora it looked a little more rosy/pink in the pan than it did at home. I was disappointed when I saw that it's much more peachy than I expected - I already have Orange Blossom (love!) so I was hoping for a truer pink. But it is really a beautiful shade nonetheless, very natural. As with other Laura Mercier blushes, the pigmentation is excellent and the powder is so finely milled that it is easily picked up with a blush brush. Some reviewers have noted that the small size of the pan is an issue, but I have not found this to be a problem using either a standard-sized blush brush or a MAC 187.