MAC Frost - Vex

4.4

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol Eye Shadows may contain: Silica, Mice, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Carmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Manganese Violet, Ultramarines, Blue 1 Lake, Red 40 Lake, Yello 5 Lake

Vex eyeshadow. Frost finish. Cool tone. Duo-chrome. Looks pale gray in the pan. Reflects light pink or light green depending on what you pair it up with. A truly amazing chameleon. Compliments my eyes really well. I put it all over lid with some light brown in the crease+outer corner for everyday look. For a night out- I pair it up with silvery gray Knight Divine and some black eyeshadow. It looks so different in these two looks I can barely believe it. Love it. Another must-have.

I LOVE it! I always say that this is my magical fairy eyeshadow. The color is so unique - the base is a kind of light silvery grey but then it has light green and pink shimmer. It's simply gorgeos! It looks like something Tinkerbell would wear! Over Painterly Paintpot you can really see the color well but when you layer it over other shadows or bases you can achieve a compete new look from Vex. I love to put it over Quarry so the pink comes ot more.
It's just so nice and it looks different from every angle you look at it. A perfect and very unique shadow - go buy it! :)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

This has got to be my most favorite frost shade. It looks absolutely amazing when paired with most eye shadows. In light, you will get so much compliments about your eyes looking like pearls/opals :)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

So obviously this has been reviewed to death, but I had to add my two cents because this is the only shadow out of the hundreds I own that I will use up and repurchase. I pair this with everything! Some Mac shadows I pair it with are Nocturnelle, Knight Divine, Trax and Club. It completely morphs to match nearly everything I use it with. With Nocturnelle and Trax, the pink highlights really come out. With Club, you see more green. And layered over Knight Divine, it creates an amazing black pearl effect. Anytime I have a bright shadow and I don't know what to pair it with, I reach for Vex. Favorite MAC shadow, hands down!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is one of the only three eyeshadows I have actually ever repurchased (not counting colors in palettes!) On me it is a warmish light gray, and brightens up my eyes well. Blends super easily, and also works well as a highlighter for the inner corner of the eye if I am using grays, purples, or greens. Also works well with Club for a pretty easy smokey eye.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is the most weirdly awesome color i have. The different dimensions make it go well with many different other colors. It's a pale nude-ish green that has a bit of pink frost. This makes it go well with pinks, purples, browns and greens. Examples respectively are swish, nocturnelle, satin taupe and juxt.

This color really wakes me up, as the green counteracts the redness around my eyes and opens them up which is really great since I have deep set eyes and a pink-cool tone to my skin. Even though it's green it's not a very dramatic color, and I use it just as I would colors like naked lunch and brule.

Favorite shadow!

I love VEX! It is so beautiful paired or over 'Club'. It is a beautiful gray, taupe, pink green duochrome. I almost can't really explain it. I think I need to experiment more with this color. Apparently it looks good over browns. I am always so rushed in the mornings so I always stick to my mauves and browns. I really need to take more time to have fun with my makeup! :)

I would for sure repurchase this color. It really is fun and this is why I love Mac so much because they have one of a kind unique colors that nobody else does.

Now I can't wait to go wear this! :)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I love this eyeshadow. Hands down one of my favs! This is a great versatile color. I like to put this all over the lid and put a warm brown like Woodwink or Soft Brown in the crease to warm up the look. It sounds like a weird combo but looks stunning! Will def will be repurchase.

I got the idea to purchase this aftr asking on the message board what eyeshadows would go well with my "cool" skin tone. This was mentioned so I picked it up. I took off a lippie b/c I like it to be bold not so sheen but than it creases so I use it on my lid and a darker color in the crease and it works fine.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I had bought this product after going through a poll on the makeup MUA board oneday to see what is everyones favorite MAC eyeshadow. I, myself am not a big MAC fan, but do indeed love their eyeshadows. Repeatedly the answer was Vex along with one or two other colors, but I was promised to fall in love with this color. Nothing special. A light shimmery grey color. Quality"excellent. I would rather nab a violet or deep purple in a MAC eyeshadow.

Top Rated MAC Products