April 19, 2014 | 1064 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Vex

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2011 11:12:00 AM More reviews by AudgePodgeBup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love VEX! It is so beautiful paired or over 'Club'. It is a beautiful gray, taupe, pink green duochrome. I almost can't really explain it. I think I need to experiment more with this color. Apparently it looks good over browns. I am always so rushed in the mornings so I always stick to my mauves and browns. I really need to take more time to have fun with my makeup! :)

I would for sure repurchase this color. It really is fun and this is why I love Mac so much because they have one of a kind unique colors that nobody else does.

Now I can't wait to go wear this! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2011 2:39:00 PM More reviews by nicknat04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this eyeshadow. Hands down one of my favs! This is a great versatile color. I like to put this all over the lid and put a warm brown like Woodwink or Soft Brown in the crease to warm up the look. It sounds like a weird combo but looks stunning! Will def will be repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2011 12:34:00 AM More reviews by Stinaxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I got the idea to purchase this aftr asking on the message board what eyeshadows would go well with my "cool" skin tone. This was mentioned so I picked it up. I took off a lippie b/c I like it to be bold not so sheen but than it creases so I use it on my lid and a darker color in the crease and it works fine.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2011 5:51:00 AM More reviews by stylesnburberry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I had bought this product after going through a poll on the makeup MUA board oneday to see what is everyones favorite MAC eyeshadow. I, myself am not a big MAC fan, but do indeed love their eyeshadows. Repeatedly the answer was Vex along with one or two other colors, but I was promised to fall in love with this color. Nothing special. A light shimmery grey color. Quality"excellent. I would rather nab a violet or deep purple in a MAC eyeshadow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2011 5:55:00 PM More reviews by jueykang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Love this shadow! It's very unique, and looks amazing with Club.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2011 1:13:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I was very doubtful of this shade. I had a pushy SA say it would look great with my skintone, and she was right! It is such a complex pearly light pinky-green-grey-taupe shade. It looked great with Trax and Twinks in the crease with Shroom on the browbone.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2011 12:39:00 AM More reviews by LizSherling

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Normally, whenever I go to MAC I know exactly what I want to buy before I even get there. However, when I saw this gorgeous eyeshadow I immediately bought it. It's an absolutely beautiful, unique slivery-mint color with pink reflex. The pigmentation is fantastic, and I find that I can easily build it up or tone it down to make the pink frost more or less apparent, put even one swipe leaves an opaque color. I like to pair this eyeshadow with Satin Taupe, but I hear that Copperplate works well for others too. This eyeshadow is a reminder of why we spend the extra dough for MAC!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/28/2011 8:09:00 PM More reviews by Violet34

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

NW20 here and I am still experimenting on this one. Not sure I should have to put in so much work to make a shadow look good! :) After reading through all of these comments I paired it up with copperplate. I tried Vex on the lid and Copperplate in the crease which seems to be an HG combo for many. This came out greenish grey and awful on me. When I put copperplate on the lid and layered Vex over it that worked much better but still wasn't great. This is a really beautiful unique es that I'm sure looks gorgeous on the right person but that would not be me. I've seen some suggestions here that I plan on trying just so I don't feel bad about buying it, so maybe I'll be back to update.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2011 10:35:00 PM More reviews by EIGNA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This eyeshadow reminds me of my former Stila Cloud shadow- a silver grey. Only this has some green in it and beige depending on where the light hits it or the eyeshadow base you use it with. I find it more difficult to blend than cloud, but then I generally find stila eyeshadows more easy to blend in general. I love this as a wash over my lid with sable in the crease and all that glitters on my browbone. Lovely, but I don't reach for it too often.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2011 5:41:00 AM More reviews by sthomas1

One of the few MAC shadows I wouldn't be without - this lives in my go-to quad of neutrals, alongside All That Glitters, Patina, and Copperplate. Gorgeous unique colour, silvery with pink/green duochrome, but still appropriate for an everyday neutral eye on my very pale, fairly cool skintone. Great texture and easy to work with. I use this almost every time I wear eyeshadow. Definitely one of my better MAC purchases!