Redken Color Extend Conditioner

Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Propylene Glycol, Ceteth-3 Acetate, Behentrimonium Chloride, Hydroxyethylulose, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance (Perfum), Laureth-23, Laureth-4, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Citrate, Arginine HCl, Taurine, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Wheat Amino Acids, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Oleth-10, Disodium Cocoamphodipropionate, Lecitin, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Phosphoric Acid, Trehalose, Tocopherol, Ethylhexyl Salicylate

on 10/29/2010 9:52:00 AM

Love the shampoo, LOVE the conditioner. Gentle, light formula which doesn't weigh my hair down.

on 10/11/2010 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This product left my hair TANGLED. My hair was in a worst condition after I used it then before I used it!! It was so hard to brush my hair. It made my hair feel dry. I lost lots of hair in the shower and brushing my hair. I stopped and went to my original shampoo and conditioner (from walmart) and finally I wasn't clogging my tub with all of my hair I was losing. I was able to actually brush through my hair. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS OR BUY IT AGAIN.

on 1/30/2010 5:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I love Redken, and would therefore very much like to love this product. But I don't. It does preserve colour, but as for its moisturizing properties, not much! My hair is very dry and coarse, and I know I need extra care, but this conditioner doesn't deliver. A conditioner should do more than just making the hair comb-able.

on 1/8/2010 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Have been using this product for years in combination with the shampoo and have tried switching to other more expensive, natural, etc brands with no luck.

I have dry medium hair and the conditioner does moisturize in combination with the shampoo. It also preserves color. I found this out (color part) when I switched just recently...never again. I have since bought the gigantic sized bottle!

on 11/22/2009 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I believe now some salons are paid by Redken to endorse their product. The salon I went to ONLY uses Redken hair color. I bought the two huge bottles, and the Total Recharge. Will update after a few weeks, but so far I don't love the negative comments and hope it does work for me.

on 11/8/2009 8:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

*My hair: Chemically treated and styled, thinning- thank gosh though I have a thick hair folicle otherwise I would be bald now ,dry and frizzy when not styled*
I tried this twice and I must say, my hair looked great afterwards. I used this in conjunction with Redken's Headstrong Shampoo and Fabricate 03 texturizer and I couldn't have been happier with the outcome. My hair colour looked more vibrant and my hair felt very healthy.
True, I packed on the conditioner also, but I was happy with the results. I don't think I would only use this as my hair needs deep moisture, but I will definitely keep this on hand.

on 10/30/2009 1:01:00 AM

This is one of those conditioners that you keep adding more and more condtioner to your hair because it doesn't feel soft enough, and then you end up going through all of your conditioner way faster than your shampoo.

That would be because this conditioner isn't very moisturizing. Generally, conditioners targeted at color treated hair need to be extra moisturizing since color treated hair is damaged. This is not for damaged hair.

If your hair is colored but not damaged, then this would be a good choice. I used this in conjunction with the shampoo and they did not strip my color or weigh down my hair. Also, it smells nice. Like a mixture of cranberries and laundry detergent. Sounds weird, but is suprisingly nice.

on 10/5/2009 11:19:00 PM

OMGOSH. NEVER LISTEN TO A STYLIST. I was recommended this product and it did nothing to condition my hair..I got highlights done and although the color didn't fade...that is all the conditioner did for my hair. NOTHING ELSE. After using it for 3 weeks, it has left my hair all tangled, sticky, and hard to comb out. WTF. I might as well go back to my Dove conditioner. Also...I SHED LIKE CRAZY AFTER COMBING MY HAIR AND GETTING THE TANGLES OUT. My hair never used to do that. LAST THING-my hair is all frizzy lately..not soft and silky.

on 6/29/2009 11:04:00 AM

I have thick, wavy hair worn below the shoulder (when rolled).
Because I no longer wear it straight, I want a condtioner that moisturizes and does not weigh my hair down.

While this was not a terrible conditioner, I have found much better.
For me, at least.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Even after copious amounts of rinsing, this conditioner still leaves this sticky residue that makes my hair look like I didn't even wash it in the first place. I thought I was doing something wrong and not rinsing thoroughly enough, but lo and behold, my hair went back to normal after some TLC from my beloved Fructis.