Redken Color Extend Shampoo

3.1

Sodium laureth sulfate

on 7/15/2012 7:47:00 PM

I love this shampoo. I have used drugstore shampoos all my life, and first colored my hair last summer (which I immediately regretted). I used a drugstore, cheap brand shampoo and conditioner for colored hair up until this summer, when my cousin introduced me to color extend. I will never go back to using drugstore shampoos again - this shampoo and conditioner leave my hair feeling silky all of the time. I have extremely thin hair, and this shampoo does not weigh it down. On the contrary, I can actually go more than a day without washing my hair now because it doesn't look like a vat of grease was dumped on it in the morning . . . gross, but unfortunately my hair is so thin it gets weighed down very easily. I have been happily using this shampoo for almost two months and would recommend it to anyone with color treated hair.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I only used it once, I couldn't decide which Redken shampoo to get. I already have tried most of them with so-so results. My plan was to switch this between K-Pak reconstruct shampoo every other shampoo. I don't use the matching conditioner from color extend line, I use the color treated reconstruct from joico. After one use my hair is... BIG. I have fine hair, but I have a lot of it. First time i've seen it this voluminous in a long time... I love it. And my hair was soft! The truth is, as long as you have a good conditioner, it doesn't matter what shampoo it is. My hair is color treated though so I always make sure I get a higher end shampoo due to they use less sulfate compared to drugstore. Drugstore shampoos have always caused build up on my hair, and stripped my color.

I'll update in a couple of weeks....

on 6/19/2012 8:07:00 PM

This product made my hair very frizzy. Only reason i gave two stars was because I do feel like it is deep cleaning but it just dries out my hair so bad and makes it feel like hay.. I just switched to Joico and Aussie.. Starting to recover

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

What have they done to this line? I use to love this shampoo and conditioner, it used to be the only thing to stop my head from itching, and really helped to stop my coloured hair from fading. Now they have reformulated it, and it leaves my hair in a tangled and dry mess, which itches like crazy! I am so mad that I paid for the two when its not that cheap to start with. Mega cheesed off :o(

on 4/19/2012 5:25:00 PM

This is great shampoo for colored hair. Cranberry oil leaves hair detangled and soft. Has nice smell. Does not grease hair. Easy to spread on hair.

on 3/29/2012 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is one of the worst shampoos I've ever used. Even the cheap drugstore stuff is better than this. It left a gross film on my hair every time I used it, and my hair NEVER felt clean with this. Instead of cleaning my hair, I felt like it just added even more crap to it and weighing it down. I usually don't need to wash my hair every day with other shampoos, but my roots would get greasy in less than a day when I use this. Just awful. The matching conditioner is just as bad.

I love this shampoo, I have been using it now for the last year or so. I've been highlighting and coloring my hair for years, and this shampoo along with the conditioner really does prolong the vibrancy and life of my color.

I the smell is really nice; clean and salon-like is the only way I can describe it. I love that is cleans my hair without leaving it feeling dry and stripped afterwards. It's a little pricey, but for my color treated hair it is definitely worth it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

DANDRUFF PRONE PEOPLE BEWARE! IF there's something i learned from suffering from dandruff is that the one ingredient you should avoid is LANOLIN and guess what? this shampoo has that very ingredient, another factor to consider is that it's drying, and people with thick wavy hair shouldn't be too keen on that

on 12/21/2011 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Decent shampoo, gets the job done, and has a nice smell that isn't overwhelming. But the conditioner is the real prize item.

UPDATE: Went back to Dr. Bonner's. This is a good shampoo but it doesn't get my hair as clean as Dr. Bonner's does. I need a shampoo that washes away all the build up.

on 10/30/2011 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Made my hair really, really FLAT. No volume whatsoever.

Popular Shampoos