July 28, 2014 | 1706 users online

Polishes - Revlon - Nail Enamel

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2011 4:11:00 PM More reviews by Melavia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought one in a dark purple color on sale a while ago. The color is really nice, rich and creamy. However, it bubbles like crazy, I can see so many bubbles after two coats no matter how well and carefully i roll/shake the bottle before application. The bubble is in a light rosy color so they are entirely too visible under any kind of light. I have to take it off immediately because I simply cannot stand all the bubbles. I also find the fomular to be extremely thick which makes it hard to spread.

Because of this experience, it put me off on trying any other ones although I think it has a lot of really nice colors. But I like the quick dry top coat and post truama treatment a lot. I used to have a bottle in a really nice cherry red color but have long lost it. I do not remember experiencing the same thing so maybe I just picked a bad bottle. All in all, I might give it a try another time.

Update 02/22/12
Bought another two bottles to try. One in copperglaze plantinum and another one in Revlon Red. I am truly in love with Revlon Red because I think it looks nice on any skin tone. It stays up par to my other polishes. However the copperglaze plantinum is a totally different story. Same thing happened to it as my previous plum night. It started to bubble upon my second use so I have to threw it away.

There are many nice and rich colors I want to try but the probability of runnig into a problem bottle is perhaps too high for my taste.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2011 12:16:00 PM More reviews by triplet3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This nail polish is really great ! I bought in the color hot for chocolate to make reindeer's on my nails. the formula is a bit runny when you first use it, so you might want to paint your nails overs newpaper or something.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2011 6:31:00 AM More reviews by anisha12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Meh. Revlon has been used by many women in my family for ages now...but that's cuz they are so easily available and they seem to have a bunch of colours that suit brown skin! Well, now that I'm all grown up, I find its just okay...works fine...streaks and bumps a lot no matter how hard I try to do it properly...but yea, the lasting power is pretty good...6 to 7 days of good colour with 2 coats. For the price, yea I guess its one of the good ones. I have this is many colours but the one I just repurchased is 333 - Iced Mauve! a Lovely pink with gold swirls in it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2011 12:50:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

Revlon polishes don't chip on me. I can get at least 7 days wear from my manicure. I wish Revlon made polishes in 1/4 ounce sizes. Polishes thicken as the polish is used up and there's more air in the bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2011 10:25:00 AM More reviews by Aurumgirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I remember wearing Revlon polish when I was in high school. Back then, I swam every day and it was the only brand that would stay on and not chip, for at least 3 days. I have a few colours that are several years old (like Smoky Rose, Cherries in the Snow, and Copperglaze Platinum) that still apply and last well (though I do use a thinner in all my polishes to keep them from getting goopy). I used to think that they had a limited number of shades but the truth is, they've got new shades coming out every season and they're usually set apart from the drug store fixtures, in stand-alone displays. You can find really good dupes there--Perplex and Carbonite, to name a couple, that are really close to the Chanel originals. Same colour for a fraction of the cost--and something about me just won't let me spend that kind of money on a product that is likely ingredient for ingredient identical to the Revlon.

Lately, I'm trying out some new colours that I love--they're matte suede in texture. Fire Fox ( a smooth red) and Emerald City. The Mattes seem to last even longer! I'll continue to repurchase these polishes because the price is great, they're toluene/DBP/formaldehyde free, and the colours, application, and lasting power are perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2011 4:17:00 AM More reviews by RachelD9311

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Great polish that's available in tons of colors. Drys pretty fast and doesn't take a lot of coats to be true in color. The colors I own are: Autumn Berry (discontinued), Lily, Electric, Silver Dollar, Jaded, Stormy and Multi-Care Base + Top Coat. Great polish for a great price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2011 11:09:00 AM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

I love Revlon nail polish. The selection of colors is great. The formula is great. It seems to last a while. It goes on very smooth. And best of all, it's pretty inexpensive and goes on sale all the time at my local drugstore. My favorite colors are Frankly Scarlet and Really Rosy.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2011 12:39:00 AM More reviews by kathyscrapper

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using Revlon nail polish for years and years. I just don't think you can beat the product for the price. This polish is easy to apply, It goes on very smoothly, and dries fairly fast. Depending on the color, it lasts for several days. A bottle lasts a long time and the quality of the polish stays intact. I've had polishes well over a couple years and they still performed good. I bought Raven Red last fall for my toenails and can't wait for summer to wear it. For my fingernails I am using Effervescent Opal. It does wear on the tips but doesn't peel or chip and so lasts about 5 days, if I add an extra coat I can extend it a day or two.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2011 8:21:00 PM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I own a good bunch of these and am really impressed with the formula. They don't thicken up over time so I don't have to chuck them out unless I've finished the bottle. They come in a nice range of finishes and colours too. I like that these last for a decent amount of time; on average about one week before I start to see chipping or peeling. They do tend to separate a bit over time, but nothing too major; just shake the bottle to mix the layers back together and they work perfectly. They dry pretty quickly on your nails and are easily taken off with nail polish remover. Will continue to buy these in different shades.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2011 10:11:00 PM More reviews by songtothesiren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this in 'Peach Nectar'. While I love the peach colour, it's a bit too sheer for my liking. Also, the consistency is thin and applies streaky.