August 29, 2014 | 1851 users online

Lip Treatments - La Mer - Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2012 7:38:00 PM More reviews by boxyeongxan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I SERIOUSLY suffer from super chapped lips.
I don't know why but for some reason it gets chapped really easily and regular lip balm from the drugstore doesn't do anything for me!
Like I tried several lip balms and I even tried like those homemade remedies with honey and exfoliating and everything. And they do work but it doesn't last very long.
But after using this lip balm every night (generous amount) my lips don't get as chapped anymore.
It is definitely too pricey for a lip balm so if you're someone that doesn't really have as chapped lips and any kind of lip treatments work for them than it would probably be better to save up. But if your lips get chapped all the time and they crack and stuff than this might work for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2012 8:08:00 AM More reviews by Evgeniya89

Nothing special, but I like the scent. I enjoy applying it before going to bed, in the morning I receive beautiful plump lips.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2012 11:35:00 AM More reviews by kpodaru

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

what a waste of $65; for that price i fully expected my lips to feel as soft and smooth as a baby's bottom but my regular $2 vaseline does a better job!

keep your money; this is a waste and did nothing for me.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2012 9:22:00 AM More reviews by Kittea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this balm! The texture is smooth rather than sticky like my other love, jack black. It doesn't make my lips shiny, but it makes them feel über soft and hydrated. I would describe the flavor and scent as a sweet mint, not as powerful as carmex, and is actually quite pleasant. It honestly lasts quite awhile, and I love that it can be layered without building up to a gross milky color (like eos). It is quite pricy and a splurge, so I can't say I'd recommend it for everyone. It isn't a miracle product and I doubt it will cure long term chapped lips, but it definitely soothes them while preventing future dryness. I love it and will repurchase in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2012 5:53:00 PM More reviews by milkstar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

this is the best lipbalm I've ever tried. I also love by terry's rose lip balm but this is way better. my boyfriend got it for me as a present because he knows that I love the creme de la mer and this was the least expensive product from their line lol. I would have never ever bought this for myself, I mean, come on, it's a lip balm!! I always buy the Nuxe honey lip balm which is gorgeous and I consider that as expensive for what it is. but the la mer balm really is something. I lick my lips a lot, and it's crazy cold outside in germany right now, so my lips were constantly dry and I had to reapply my nuxe balm a lot. not with la mer. as soon as I apply it, my lips look soo much smoother, fuller and kissable, just healthy. a few hours later all the dryness has dissapeared and I can reapply my lipstick as often as I want without looking dried out. I love this balm so much, and it lasts me a lot longer than the nuxe one that I really consider to buy this again after running out. good stuff!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2012 10:12:00 PM More reviews by CharismaSL

This lip balm is really hard in texture and is therefore very hard to scrape out of the tub. But once it's melted and applied on my lips I love it. I love the smell of the product 'minty' which is very sublte and the fact that it is not greasy/sticky at all. I use this at night and wake up to soft lips. I will not repurchase because I prefer my HG CdP Lip Contour Treatment and CD Baume de Rose.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2011 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Mashmash

Best for lips especially if you have chapped lips. Will keep using this. Have tried many others including more expensive products, this is still the best. I occasionally use this on very dry skin parts on my face during flight. Excellent product!

The packaging is not very convenient to use when you're out (not very hygienic).

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2011 10:00:00 PM More reviews by Productboi20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

its fin to use.. feels nice and soft but def does not CURE dry lips.. you need to use it often. Smells feels nice. It just depends on your wallet.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2011 7:52:00 PM More reviews by samuellewis

If you can afford it it's a lovely treat! I got it as a gift, however i would never pay for this myself unless i had A LOT of money! It feels nice and tingly at first and sinks in nicely, has a mint taste, but not overbearing. However it's just so expensive and for the price and what you're getting i give it 3 stars.

Mac lip conditioner costs a fraction of this and is still high end, it has vitamin a and e and a nicer taste and lasts much longer and feels much better on your lips. if you want a good lip balm with a label attached i recommend that highly. Save your money people :-)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2011 8:55:00 AM More reviews by charlies04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I do like this lipbalm. I do suffer from extremely dry cracking lips in winter and this lipbalm feels so intense that I only have to apply it twice daily to solve my problem. In my opinion, it does a better job than eight hour cream and baume de rose, but the two things I don't like about this lipbalm are the price and the really minty smell when you first apply it. The smell reminds me of the burts bees lipbalm pepperminty smell, which is something I have a bit of an adversion towards. For the price you pay you get a pretty decent lipbalm but its not enough of a luxury feel for me.
Up-date:After using this at night, I woke-up with very scabby and unsmooth lips.....so for night I still use my Eight Hour cream and then just use this one for daytime because its less sticky and I can apply lip liner and lipstick on top more easily. My first pot lasted me 4 months.