La Mer Lip Balm

3.8

Petrolatum, Octyldodecanol, Microcrystalline Wax, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Bis-diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-10 Pentaoleate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Seaweed Extract, Emerald, Algae Extract, Tourmaline, Sesame Oil, Eucalyptus Oil, Sesame Seeds, Alfalfa Seeds, Sunflower Seeds, Powdered Almonds, Sodium-potassium-copper-calcium-magnesium And Zinc Gluconate, Vitamin E Succinate, Niacin, Fish Protein, Castor Oil, Phytosphingosine Trehalose, Polybutene, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cholesterol, Glyceryl Distearate, Water, Glycerin, Menthyl Pca, Oleic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Sodium Saccharin, Fragrance, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Calcium Carbonate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Bht Propylparaben, Blue 1 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake

on 6/30/2012 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

La Mer has marketed and priced this product outside of the range it belongs. If you have the money and like to feel pampered, buy it; if not, save yourself $50, because is not a miracle worker as are LaMer's other products. While it moisturizes lips very well, good old Chapstick will do the trick just the same.

on 6/13/2012 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Ok, so while I really enjoy this product, I can't say I'd repurchase b/c the price tag is pretty steep. My friend gave me a free sample of this b/c she works for the company and had an extra.... I use it at night and it's a nice lightweight lip balm. Not waxy, not oily, not artificial... very comfortable but definitely not something I'd use if I had chapped lips or during a ski trip, ya know? I don't see it repairing well (for that I use Jack Black, love..HG) but for a nightly use or in the AM before lipstick, it's very spa like or something.

on 4/30/2012 1:49:00 AM

This product was WAY too hyped up. First of all, it is a pain to use a tub as a lip balm. Also, it contaminates the lip balm every time your finger plunges in to use it. It does not work any better than Burt's Bees and it's like 10X the price.

on 4/12/2012 8:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Best lip balm ever. Enough said

on 4/6/2012 4:12:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This lip balm worked well for a bit, but over time, began to actually dry out my lips. It "tingles" because it has menthol in it. Although it's a good gimmick, over time, I think the menthol causes irritation. Also, it is not super moisturizing. For the price, you'd expect better, but I was disappointed with it.

on 3/22/2012 7:38:00 PM

I SERIOUSLY suffer from super chapped lips.
I don't know why but for some reason it gets chapped really easily and regular lip balm from the drugstore doesn't do anything for me!
Like I tried several lip balms and I even tried like those homemade remedies with honey and exfoliating and everything. And they do work but it doesn't last very long.
But after using this lip balm every night (generous amount) my lips don't get as chapped anymore.
It is definitely too pricey for a lip balm so if you're someone that doesn't really have as chapped lips and any kind of lip treatments work for them than it would probably be better to save up. But if your lips get chapped all the time and they crack and stuff than this might work for you.

on 3/16/2012 8:08:00 AM

Nothing special, but I like the scent. I enjoy applying it before going to bed, in the morning I receive beautiful plump lips.

on 3/6/2012 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

what a waste of $65; for that price i fully expected my lips to feel as soft and smooth as a baby's bottom but my regular $2 vaseline does a better job!

keep your money; this is a waste and did nothing for me.

on 2/8/2012 9:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I love this balm! The texture is smooth rather than sticky like my other love, jack black. It doesn't make my lips shiny, but it makes them feel über soft and hydrated. I would describe the flavor and scent as a sweet mint, not as powerful as carmex, and is actually quite pleasant. It honestly lasts quite awhile, and I love that it can be layered without building up to a gross milky color (like eos). It is quite pricy and a splurge, so I can't say I'd recommend it for everyone. It isn't a miracle product and I doubt it will cure long term chapped lips, but it definitely soothes them while preventing future dryness. I love it and will repurchase in the future.

on 2/2/2012 5:53:00 PM

this is the best lipbalm I've ever tried. I also love by terry's rose lip balm but this is way better. my boyfriend got it for me as a present because he knows that I love the creme de la mer and this was the least expensive product from their line lol. I would have never ever bought this for myself, I mean, come on, it's a lip balm!! I always buy the Nuxe honey lip balm which is gorgeous and I consider that as expensive for what it is. but the la mer balm really is something. I lick my lips a lot, and it's crazy cold outside in germany right now, so my lips were constantly dry and I had to reapply my nuxe balm a lot. not with la mer. as soon as I apply it, my lips look soo much smoother, fuller and kissable, just healthy. a few hours later all the dryness has dissapeared and I can reapply my lipstick as often as I want without looking dried out. I love this balm so much, and it lasts me a lot longer than the nuxe one that I really consider to buy this again after running out. good stuff!

Popular Lip Treatments