April 18, 2014 | 1986 users online

Lip Treatments - La Mer - Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2012 9:22:00 AM More reviews by Kittea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this balm! The texture is smooth rather than sticky like my other love, jack black. It doesn't make my lips shiny, but it makes them feel über soft and hydrated. I would describe the flavor and scent as a sweet mint, not as powerful as carmex, and is actually quite pleasant. It honestly lasts quite awhile, and I love that it can be layered without building up to a gross milky color (like eos). It is quite pricy and a splurge, so I can't say I'd recommend it for everyone. It isn't a miracle product and I doubt it will cure long term chapped lips, but it definitely soothes them while preventing future dryness. I love it and will repurchase in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2012 5:53:00 PM More reviews by milkstar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

this is the best lipbalm I've ever tried. I also love by terry's rose lip balm but this is way better. my boyfriend got it for me as a present because he knows that I love the creme de la mer and this was the least expensive product from their line lol. I would have never ever bought this for myself, I mean, come on, it's a lip balm!! I always buy the Nuxe honey lip balm which is gorgeous and I consider that as expensive for what it is. but the la mer balm really is something. I lick my lips a lot, and it's crazy cold outside in germany right now, so my lips were constantly dry and I had to reapply my nuxe balm a lot. not with la mer. as soon as I apply it, my lips look soo much smoother, fuller and kissable, just healthy. a few hours later all the dryness has dissapeared and I can reapply my lipstick as often as I want without looking dried out. I love this balm so much, and it lasts me a lot longer than the nuxe one that I really consider to buy this again after running out. good stuff!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2012 10:12:00 PM More reviews by CharismaSL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This lip balm is really hard in texture and is therefore very hard to scrape out of the tub. But once it's melted and applied on my lips I love it. I love the smell of the product 'minty' which is very sublte and the fact that it is not greasy/sticky at all. I use this at night and wake up to soft lips. I will not repurchase because I prefer my HG CdP Lip Contour Treatment and CD Baume de Rose.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2011 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Mashmash

Best for lips especially if you have chapped lips. Will keep using this. Have tried many others including more expensive products, this is still the best. I occasionally use this on very dry skin parts on my face during flight. Excellent product!

The packaging is not very convenient to use when you're out (not very hygienic).

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2011 10:00:00 PM More reviews by Productboi20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

its fin to use.. feels nice and soft but def does not CURE dry lips.. you need to use it often. Smells feels nice. It just depends on your wallet.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2011 7:52:00 PM More reviews by samuellewis

If you can afford it it's a lovely treat! I got it as a gift, however i would never pay for this myself unless i had A LOT of money! It feels nice and tingly at first and sinks in nicely, has a mint taste, but not overbearing. However it's just so expensive and for the price and what you're getting i give it 3 stars.

Mac lip conditioner costs a fraction of this and is still high end, it has vitamin a and e and a nicer taste and lasts much longer and feels much better on your lips. if you want a good lip balm with a label attached i recommend that highly. Save your money people :-)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2011 8:55:00 AM More reviews by charlies04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I do like this lipbalm. I do suffer from extremely dry cracking lips in winter and this lipbalm feels so intense that I only have to apply it twice daily to solve my problem. In my opinion, it does a better job than eight hour cream and baume de rose, but the two things I don't like about this lipbalm are the price and the really minty smell when you first apply it. The smell reminds me of the burts bees lipbalm pepperminty smell, which is something I have a bit of an adversion towards. For the price you pay you get a pretty decent lipbalm but its not enough of a luxury feel for me.
Up-date:After using this at night, I woke-up with very scabby and unsmooth lips.....so for night I still use my Eight Hour cream and then just use this one for daytime because its less sticky and I can apply lip liner and lipstick on top more easily. My first pot lasted me 4 months.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/12/2011 3:10:00 AM More reviews by fiona82

I bought this because I want to get the GWP from Nordstrom, and this seemed to be the cheapest item ($45) in order to make up the $10 difference. It didn't do anything for my lips at all. It doesn't protect, heal, moisurize; the only thing it does is silently disappear, forcing my to reapply every 15 minutes. The only positive thing is that it tastes nice and minty, and not sticky. After I'm done with it I'll go back to Savex and Carmex.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2011 6:25:00 AM More reviews by kristy88au

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was given this as a gift. It tastes very minty and refreshing, and I take it with me wherever I go to add a little moisture and shine on top of my lip color during the day, so I like that it's not super shiny or sticky. That being said, it's definitely not reparative, and won't heal chapped/dry lips. If that's what you're after, go for Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream or Lucas Paw Paw Ointment. I wouldn't buy again, because I think close to $100 is far to expensive for a basic lip balm.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2011 10:58:00 PM More reviews by lovelyday

This past couple of weeks I've been dealing with severely chapped lips and none of the lip balms I had were helping. I tried everything from Korres, Eve Lom, Rosebud, Burts...etc. It got to the point of unbearable pain that I decided I needed to pony up $45 for the best.

I've wondered about the La Mer lip balm for years and wondered just how good a $45 lip balm could possibly. Last night, I put all my hopes into this minty green puck and woke up with noticeably less chapped lips! I put on another coat this morning and by mid afternoon my lips were 99% better. Not having the pain to deal with is worth $45 for even one application in my opinion.

The balm is rather hard and I had to scrap a little bit with the back of my nail to get enough to rub between my two index fingers. Once the balm melted down I liberally applied to my lips. The balm is thick, but quickly absorbs so it doesn't feel greasy on the lip like the Rosebud Salve.

The packaging is elegant with a frosted glass on the bottom and a silver cap as the lid. If I were made of money, I'd have one my in my car, one at my desk and one by my bed side.