November 29, 2014 | 1519 users online

Highlighters - Bobbi Brown - Shimmerbrick Shimmer Brick Compact (All colors)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2011 7:27:00 PM More reviews by Debi3

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have found that using this with a fanbrush works best. I first put on BB cream blush in Stonewash Pink--which is kind of peachy pink/neutral, and then put the Rose Shimmerbrick over it. I can get away with a more pink blush if my cheeks are not really pink that day. I don't care for the brush that came with it. It seems to put it on in a streak and make it hard to blend, even without the cream blush under it. also, I like to use some of the pink shades at the darker end of the pallette on my brow bone, and the white on the eyelid, which opens up my eye. I am planning on getting Beach too. I think it will blend well over BB pale pink cream blush.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2011 9:55:00 AM More reviews by rshim09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got the Bronze one and been loving it so far. I use it on days when I want a little bronze with shimmer and don't use blush with it. I don't really like the lighter colors on top so I just just the bottom 3 colors. I think it's a great product and am thinking about using some of the colors as an eyeshadow.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2011 7:41:00 AM More reviews by bumblebeebramley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have the Bobbi Brown shimmer brick in Copper Diamond (limited edition). I absolutely love it! Looks beautiful on my NC40/42 skin tone. It is a very versatile product! Adds a certain something to my face. The only negative I could find was that if you aren't careful, you can end up looking quite glittery (which isn't suitable in all situations). I would definitely buy again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2011 2:07:00 AM More reviews by galsunday

I got the pink quartz shimmer recently together with BB face blender brush. For some reason it tends to make my pores look huge. I use this sparingly. But when I`m photographed, it does look nice in pics... it gives me a nice sheen and glow ...very Hollywood red carpet!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2011 11:58:00 PM More reviews by racmal01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love my BB Shimmer bricks. I have Pink Oyster, Bronze, Beige and Rose. I use the Rose as a blush, the Bronze to contour and the Beige and Pink Oyster as highlighters (particularly good in winter).

I have Oily/Combo skin with some visible pores around my nose and cheeks. I always make sure I have prepped my skin and set it with a translucent finishing powder before I apply any shimmer brick product. Doing this makes the highlighter go on smoother and stops it from sinking in to my pores or making my blemishes obvious.

The bricks last ages - for example I use the Bronze Shimmer Brick almost every day and after 6 months its not even half-finished. Although Bobbi Brown is expensive the cost per use for this product is economical.

I would recommend buying the Bronze first if you are new to shimmer bricks. I have pale skin (NC15-20) and as a bronzer it is not at all orange or harshly coloured. It blends seemlessly.

My least favorite of all my bricks is Beige - it's OK as a highlighter but I think for my skin tone I need the pale pink shades to warm my complexion.

I also prefer my Pink Oyster to the Guerlain Meteorites Perles Powder in teint rose. Awesome product if used properly! A+++

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2011 3:02:00 AM More reviews by alissss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love these shimmer bricks. I have Nectar, which has coral tones and tawny, which is more of a neutral, similar to the photo here. They both give a lovely glow applied like a bronzer. They're shimmery but definitely OK for daytime use. You can find them cheap sometimes and you only need a tiny but, I can't imagine running out.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2011 3:07:00 PM More reviews by kristiannarj

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great product!

Gives a subtle shimmer, while at the same time also gives a kind of dewy look.

applied above cheekbones, and just a bit down the nose, gives that extra something!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2011 2:29:00 PM More reviews by violetmist

I just got Pink Quartz shimmerbrick to replace Pink shimmerbrick which I found to be too chalky. A lot of changes have been made in these shimmerbrick colours (sandstone and pink are discontinued) in order to get things right. I think this Pink Quartz is going to do the job because it is softer than the pink and more flattering than the sandstone for my complexion (fair) anyway. I have tried to use individual bands for eyeshadow but they just don't seem to make it; they all look too glittery for eyeshadow.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2011 6:35:00 AM More reviews by Cassiebannister

Love this stuff! wear it almost everyday!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2011 3:42:00 AM More reviews by Clare_3108

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love BB Shimmerbricks and in all honesty I only bought this because I just had to have it! I have fair, freckly skin and thought it may be too much but, if all else fails the colours are beautiful and could be used on the eyes however, when I tried it woah! This gave such an amazing glow moreso than any of my other Shimmer Bricks, it doesn't make me look un-naturally tanned just healthy and glowing!
I have quite oily skin and this does not make me look more shiny, just as I said healthy and glowing.
Makes a great travel compact as the shades individually look beautiful and just enhance a tan.
A new fave!