October 31, 2014 | 1348 users online

Styling Products - Redken - Satinwear 02 ultimate blow-dry lotion

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2010 11:05:00 PM More reviews by somedancer125

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

For reference I have thick, wavy, medium/long length hair & only blow-dry my hair every other day. I am forgetful when it comes to spray-in hair protection, so I thought my hair needs at least some protection, After hearing many people rave over this product on blogs, YouTube, in magazines I thought, "why not give it a try", I don't think I have any less nor any more split-ends than before using this product, (not that it claims to help lessen split ends) at first the product made my hair feel super soft, now I feel like I'm just weighing down my hair with yet another product. I would re-buy this product in hopes that in the end it does help my hair, and for the fact that I'm forgetful with spray-in protection, and that is why I give it 4 out of 5.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2010 2:38:00 PM More reviews by katmae24

I bought this (like some others) after hearing RAVE reviews from some beauty gurus on YouTube. I blow dry my hair every single day - and I have seen a ton of products out there for heat styling (curling/flat irons) and never thought to use something to protect my hair during a blow dry. Redken has been around for ages, combined with the rave reviews I'd heard/seen - I decided to go to ULTA and buy some of this stuff.

A little background, I have fine, long, highlighted hair (small highlights) and my hair is actually pretty soft normally - but I thought this could help with the heat styling. I don't use many hair products AT ALL - mostly because I don't like the feeling of "junk" in my hair - and I find they weigh my hair down, and sometimes cause my skin to break out.

I only used a small amount - about the size of a good dime - because I don't like a lot of product. First day, I finger-combed it through my damp hair - and then combed it with my wide-tooth comb before blow drying - and it did soften my hair - WHILE IT WAS STILL DAMP. The minute I put the blowdrier on it - it started to feel like STRAW. Very dry and crispy. Not hard-crispy like when you put hairspray on it - just really, really DRY. It was not making it soft at ALL. I then flat ironed my hair - and called it good. It didn't weigh my hair down - nor did it feel gunky, but I did NOT like the strong smell it gave my hair. You could also feel the product on your hands, if you touched your hair. I absolutely HATE that. It wasn't oily - just a sheen that you could feel on your hands and hair.

Second day, in the morning - I hit the treadmill to workout (I'm a distance runner) and I braided my hair loosely like normal. After I got off the treadmill - my hair was tangled so badly - like it was in DREADLOCKS. This was just from braiding it?!

I at first, assumed that it was from the flat-ironing I did the night before? So I took a shower - and then decided to try the Redken stuff a second day. I applied a dime-size to my damp hair - combed it through - just like the day before - and felt the same DRY and STRAW-LIKE feeling to my hair. I ended up curling my hair - and it did fine - but I could smell the Redken lotion ALL DAY.

The next morning, I hit the treadmill with my loose braid AGAIN - and had the WORST knots in my hair AGAIN. SO bad - that I could NOT get my braid to unbraid itself - and that NEVER happens - and this time - I did NOT use the flat-iron - so I knew that it had to be from the Redken Blowdry lotion.

I hadn't had dreadlike tangles in my hair from running until I used this 2 days in a row - and I will NOT be using it again. I couldn't even comb out the tangles in the shower - to be able to wash my hair with shampoo. I will not use this product again. I don't think it's a case of "not using enough product" because I could definitely feel that I had enough product in my hair - if could feel it on my hands. I also do not like that the smell totally took over my hair. It was literally all I could smell all day. Especially if you have long hair - every time I moved my head/hair, I could smell it.

6 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2010 11:40:00 AM More reviews by TryHonesty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

When i started using this, my hair started to look really healthy and less split ends and less ratty looking and less frizzy... it does leave my hair a little softer but not VEERY soft. I don't mind the smell, it;'s okay
I will rebuy if i have the cash

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2010 12:45:00 PM More reviews by Audeamus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have loved this product for about a year now, and this is my HG styling product. This remarkable lotion makes my hair soft as a baby's butt. Also, and this is something that is a real bonus to me, it makes my hair dry a lot quicker without being frizzy whilst drying. I will never stop using this. It has made a real difference; I haven't been to a hairdresser in nearly half a year, just because my ends aren't as damaged as they were when I didn't use this fabulous heat protectant. It may be a little more pricey than the average drugstore products, but for the amount and, most importantly, for the result it gives you, it really is well worth it. Shame the new packaging is now silver, and not red anymore. I liked the red one. It gave it some schwung. Ah well, as long as they don't change the product itself!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2010 3:43:00 PM More reviews by rocketinthesky

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just purchased this product today and couldn't WAIT to try it. And am I ever glad I did! My hair actually does feel like satin! it's so smooth after blow drying with this lotion. I had about every product one could own but I still didn't own a blow dry heat protectant, so when i saw this I just had to have it. I'll come back and edit this and tell everyone how long it lasts me!

Edit: Still loving this! I began to run out of the bottle at about the 6 month period mark, but this was when I was washing my hair every day & using it on other people, as I'm wanting to be a hairstylist and I LOVE doing other people's hair. I'd say it'd last even longer if you only wash your hair every other day. I use 1 pump for my relatively short hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2010 9:02:00 AM More reviews by jedmo

I have long, thick wavy hair and a bit of frizz.

I use this as a protectant to blow-dry my hair and to keep it soft and shiny.. I find that without this product I get a lot of split ends from using so much heat on my hair and it gets tangled and frizzy easier without it. Because it leaves my hair shiny and softer it also helps cut down on the time to straighten my hair.
This product is easy to find on sales online or in stores, but if you don't look it can be quite expensive which prevents me from giving 5 stars. Also because I have thick hair (think Victoria's secret angels!) I need around 3 pumps per use. Other than that I believe that it does everything it says on the label. I never blowdry my hair without it and I have never found anything better!
The packaging is cute too and easy to take travelling. It is a creamy liquid and you do need to make sure you spread it evenly or you can really tell when you blowdry your hair.

I definitely recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2010 12:51:00 AM More reviews by babydollkarina28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best lotion for blowdrying your hair, it leaves it super soft and manageable. I definitely recommend it to everyone!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2010 2:02:00 PM More reviews by cassiewest

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love love love this product! I have naturally straight hair that does not look pretty air dried, while yes most of it is straight my ends wave and because I have drastic layers it seems like a weird wave mess (I wouldn't say wavy cause that implies more than one wave) and sinxemoving from California to South Carolina the humidity has made my hair frizz. Anyways back to the product with all the things above being said this product combined with blow-drying made my hair soooooo soft, smooth, and it protects it. ^_^ I don't know what else to say this product is amazing I say spend the $3 get the trail size and try it!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2010 1:34:00 AM More reviews by dkubes

I have long curly hair with very little frizz. I use this product when I blow dry and flat iron my hair straight. I found it on sale for 12.99 but I think it is normally 22- the price is the only reason I am not giving this a full 5 stars. The packaging is great and very easy to use.

This product makes my hair straighter and much easier to blowdry than almost every other product I have used.

After towel drying my hair I pump this in with some morrocan oil and I have cut my straightening time down to 30 min (very good for me!). It just makes it straighter and less poufy I feel.

This really lives up to it's claim.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2010 12:55:00 AM More reviews by emsteinyyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this. I don't always use it because my hair doesn't really like product but when I do it works great.