Dior j'adore

3.8

on 7/22/2013 2:59:00 PM

I loooove this perfume! I don't own it but I wish I did. It's perfect for those special moments with your love, or whatever that you consider important. I know people use this like an everyday perfume, and those might have alot of money to spend, but I'd love to have this for spec. occassions.

The jadore perfume bottle presentation is fantastic to display on your vanity. The scent is very Rosy. Not my all time favorite though like my DKNY Be Delicious.

on 6/14/2013 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

absolutely one of my favorite scents. very warm, long lasting and the drydown is even better. go light handed on this one for work, otherwise you will fill up the whole office with j'adore, but it only takes a few sprays and the scent will last all day long. LOVE IT <3

on 6/7/2013 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

it's worth the price, j'adore!

on 5/16/2013 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

When it comes to florals, I seem to prefer violets or fresh scents. I will not purchase.

on 5/11/2013 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I always wanted this when it came out but it is still very expensive. I got this last Christmas as a gift and I love it. I apologize, but I really cant distinguish the notes of this fragrance. But as my BF put it, it smells like money. I feel luxurious, pampered and exclusive when I wear this.

The scent is long lasting and I definitely save this for special occassions.

on 5/11/2013 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

An acquired taste for me, and I think after 12 yrs or so of owning a bottle and **trying** to like it, I can finally say that I like this. Sometimes. It's still not my usual taste at all. It took me 10 years to finally finish my first 3.4oz EDP, and I now own a second -- plus a 3.4oz EDT (same scent, just lighter/sheerer than EDP).

J'adore is light, sheer, fresh, tart, crisp, & dry -- has almost a bitter, acidic, or sour-ish note (almost like a white grapefruit note). Effervescent -- smells like crisp white wine or a golden champagne. It's thin, fresh, light, sheer, clean, tart, crisp -- with an edge to it, a tangy bite (which is why it took me so long to appreciate it). Like fermented pear juice. It's golden, sunshine-y, bright, slightly warm, & airy. Crisp, zesty, zingy. For me, this is strictly a warm weather perfume. And quite tame, considering the lavish expensive advertising it gets.

It doesn't cling or cloy -- it sort of radiates and soars. It gives me a feeling of escape and freedom, actually. I tend to wear this when I'm happy and feeling light. I wear it a lot on weekends and in the summer, esp when going out to dinner at the beach.

Years ago, I sprayed about 5 of my perfumes on cards and had my son (early 20's at the time) rate which he liked, from best to worst -- just from card sniff-tests only (no names given). I can only remember one of the other spritzes now (Light Blue), but he chose J'adore EDP as his favorite of the 5.

ADDENDUM 12/23/14: After seeing all the **golden** commercials of Charlize climbing out of the palace, I wore J'adore EDP again last night -- and then changed to something else today (Narciso Rodriguez for Her EDT in black bottle -- mmmm!).

J'adore is too thin, sheer, & light for winter IMHO. And I totally don't think this fits the *glam glam glam* commericals with gorgeous Charlize -- although I'm sure those commercials (and the beautiful bottle) sell a ton of this stuff. It smells a bit on the pale, bland, and boring side, if you ask me -- but I do appreciate its crisp freshness more in warm weather.

Yea from seeing the commercial so many times I expected this perfume to be amazing. I smelled and it didnt leave any impression on me what so ever. If anything I forgot what it smelled like. Not very memoralbe

on 4/13/2013 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I expected to like this and was excited to get a little spray bottle sample from Nordstrom. I sprayed a bit on me and my nostrils and sinuses felt assaulted. An instant headache occured.
I agree with the review that compared the "in your face quality " of this to the Giorgio perfumes of the 80s . It is aggressive and everywhere. It smells cheap even though I suspect it is not.
My guess is the Charlize / Grace Kelly etc commercial is selling a lot of this.

on 3/25/2013 10:47:00 PM

I just recently purchased this after having seen ads and commercials for it ever since it came out. It's so nice and soft, delicate, and clean. I see this being a nice every day fragrance, but for me I see it being a big too "soft" for going out etc. Still a very nice fragrance!

Popular Fragrances