November 24, 2014 | 1963 users online

Bath Treatments - Kneipp - Herbal Bath

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2004 6:36:00 PM More reviews by AmandaMPC

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

When I first moved to Manhattan back in the late 80s, the prices (of everything, from rentals to food) were outrageous and the crime rate horrendous. And as a poverty-stricken assistant editor at some lowly trade mag read by a grand total of five, I could afford precious few luxuries (I remember breaking into tears and literally crying poor when my mother suggested I go treat myself to a meal somewhere), yet had a serious need to destress. So it was Kneipps to the rescue; just about every branch of the (now defunct) local chain Love Drugs had a little display rack of these and a little plastic bottle (the packaging was more humble-looking back then) could be had for something like a buck...or maybe even less. My favorites were the juniper, rosemary, melissa and spruce and pine. Just a shot in my bath water and ahh...I experienced the closest I ever got to a spa treatment back then. So exuberantly fresh smelling, almost like herbal remedies on steroids! Loved them; I'd forgotten about them until very recently, when I hit upon them by accident at sephora.com. They're not a buck a piece any more, for sure, but for nostalgia sake, I think I may need to revisit them. Oh, by the way - the one thing these AREN'T good for is making candles. Long story, but in my other most prominent memory of Kneipps, I attempted to use them to scent the wax of some candles I was making. (This was back before the Internet made ordering such things as supplies for candle making simple and painless; so in the meantime, I trekked my way out to some obscure craft shop in Queens just to get the wax and nearly got turned into road pizza on the Grand Central Parkway in the process!) The Kneipp didn't cause anything bad to happen - it's not as though it was highly flammable or anything. It just didn't have any what I believe is called "throw."

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2004 11:59:00 AM More reviews by CdeProphetis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is by far my favorite bath product. I can't take a bath without using one of the oils.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2004 6:05:00 PM More reviews by Colorado

This is nice to use when you're not feeling well. Very healing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2004 1:07:00 AM More reviews by sillysilly

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Mmm, I have one in lavender, it's nice, soothing, relaxing. The smell isn't a fake lavender smell. I don't quite understand the need for blue dye, but I don't mind it. Doesn't leave a film on my skin, but leaves me subtly scented. My only issue is the glass bottle, which is classier than plastic, but kinda dangerous considering it contains slippery oil and you use it in the bath. I hate strong artificial smells a la Bath and Body Works, and this is nothing like that at all.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2004 12:20:00 AM More reviews by blush223

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Oh no, hate to be the lone dissenter! Got Linden Orange based on reviews. This is a very good product, but just not for me. Anyone considering this based on reviews should understand it is "medicinally" herbal. I expected a more citrus/floral herbal. It's the type of raw herbal scent that makes me worry about my allergies going off or it giving me a headache, although it did not. I didn't find it that moisturizing. I may just not have understood what I was getting.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2004 9:06:00 PM More reviews by tealady

Absolutely fabulous! I love all of the different scents and herbal forumulas. I love to combine them and play around with them. I've never been disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2004 2:00:00 AM More reviews by leyasan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My quest for the perfect bath treatment is over! Upon recommendation by my mother (who does not have much interests nor opinions) about cosmetics, I went off and bought the 10 set. The Chamomile is highly relaxing- felt like I was steeping in a cup of tea. The linden/orange blossom is fantastic. I couldn't help but to breath deeply to suck in the lovely scent- which in turn also induced relaxation. The lavender was also lovely according to my husband- he came home frazzled, and came out of the tub with a relaxed smile. It did not leave a ring around the tub, not overly oily, and moisturized my skin perfectly. I can't wait to try them all- I would buy ALL of it in the full size!! Highly recommend it if you are in need of relaxation.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2003 12:21:00 AM More reviews by Kristie999

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought the "sample" package with 10, I think, different smells. I love the smell of the ones I've used and it leaves the skin smooth after a bath. It's not too oily or too dry. All I need now is a bigger tub to soak in! Will for sure buy again when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2003 6:40:00 PM More reviews by KellyOsbourne

This stuff is superb. I cannot speak highly enough of it. It fills the entire home with herbal freshness. It leaves you feeling very uplifted. A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2003 11:33:00 AM More reviews by hmurphy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

These are such a nice indulgence. I hadn't tried these before, so I bought the $30 sample pack at Ulta, which comes with 10 .5 oz. oils and one .5 oz. body oil. I took a bath last night using about half of the bottle of Juniper oil, which smells like spearmint. It was very relaxing and left my skin feeling smooth, but not oily. It didn't leave a greasy residue in the tub either, which makes it more convenient than some bath oils. Afterward, I used some of the body oil on a patch of exczema, and it worked better than any of the lotions I've used lately. I think it would be difficult to use the oil on your entire body, because it doesn't spread very easily. It's good for dry patches, though. These oils will definitely help with the winter blahs.