LUSH Imperialis

3.2

: Lavender Infusion (Lavendula hybrida), Mullein Leaf Infusion (Verbascum thapsus), Orange Blossom Water (Citrus dulcis), Olive Oil (Olea europaea), Stearic Acid, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Glycerine, Cetearyl Alcohol, Orange Blossom Absolute (Citrus dulcis), Tiger Lily Extract (Lilium candidum), St. Johns Wort Extract (Hypericum perforatum), Elderflower Extract (Sambucus nigra), Sweet Violet Extract (Viola odorata), Sunflower Petal Extract (Helianthus annuus), Alkanett Extract (Alkanna tinctoria), Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben,

on 6/3/2012 12:12:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This was such a waste. For 23 bucks a pop, I was expecting at least some good results. People rave about this and how it works for their supposedly combination skin. First, the smell. It smells nice, like rose water. Makes me think of when I went to Tamil Nadu. And I love natural products. Next: the product itself. I gave it just over 2 weeks to get used to my skin (usually takes this long at most for my skin, sometimes a week.) I had some initial breaking out in places on my face where I have not broken out in a long time (chin, cheeks, right between the eyes.) I realize there are pore clogging ingredients in here, but everyone was like NOPE, IT WORKS! So, I tried it. Needless to say, despite my regular acne treatments (which do work), these breakouts remain and new ones keep popping up. I'm going to stop using this and continue on with my previous moisturizer. Lush is nothing but a bunch of hippie hype.

on 5/30/2012 7:31:00 AM

I don't understand why this product doesn't have a 100% overall rating. If you use one of Lush's fantastic cleansers, then one of their equally fantastic (and gentle!) toners, then apply a small amount of Imperialis you will have excellent skin. It lasts for a VERY long time, thus is very good value for money, and isn't too oily. I was worried that it would make me break out but I think that using it in conjunction with a Lush toner does the trick. Makes you feel really pampered!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I really like this. I bought it because I am doing OCM but needed a moisturiser for before I apply make up and after I have toned with rose water.
I like the smell, the consistency is good and this makes my skin feel hydrated. I don't need a lot of it so it will probably last longer than the 'use by' date on the tub.
I do find it pricey, but I will buy again, as it seems prudent to be as natural as possible on my skin (let's ignore the make up...!)

I love this moisturiser, I've been using it for about 3 weeks with Angels on Bare skin cleanser and my skin is looking great! I have oily skin with normal cheeks and some dry patches on my forehead, open pores etc, this moisturiser is really soothing and moisturising but sinks in quite quickly and my skin looks mattified but feels nice and dewy.

Great moisturiser, I usually don't stick to the same one long as I am always searching for the right one that fixes everything but I am off to buy my next batch of this tomorrow :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I really like this moisturiser. It's not too heavy for my skin but moisturises enough as well.

I feel like it did balance out my skin in the T-zone as well. It's also very sensitive and never irritated my skin.

It's also easy to mix with the Lush Colour Supplements to form a tinted moisturiser.

I'm on my second tub of this moisturiser and will probably buy it again. One tub usually lasts me 6+ months, so I think the price is reasonable.

on 10/17/2011 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Irritates my skin. Pretty sure this is the thing that caused breakouts along my cheeks because i NEVER break out there otherwise; this was the only thing that had changed in my skin routine. When i put this on, my skin feels uncomfortable, and mildly inflamed--perhaps i am allergic to something in it. Would advise potential buyers to request sample prior to purchase and try it out, or get the little tiny $3 tub of this. Test it out. I don't have sensitive skin or any known allergies, yet this irritates my skin, makes it tingle and itch.
Unlike other reviewers, i reeaaaally love this unique scent it has. Not like rotten veggies to me, more like herbs and the smell of my grandma's garden.

on 8/24/2011 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Unimpressive... I'll start by saying that I received a sample size of this product during a trip to LUSH so I can't state any long term effects.
This sells for $23.95 and you get 1.5oz. The Lush lady recommended it to me for my oily/combo skin which I found odd since I felt the moisturizer was somewhat heavy on my skin, leaving my face feeling a bit greasier than normal. I also found that the product has an odd scent; it's not horrid, but the smell is unpleasant and def not something I would like to wear on my face. Just generally doesn't seem worth the price.
Overall I would much prefer to use my Olay Complete for Sensitive skin moisturizer which is far cheaper, contains sun screen and works better for me.

on 7/19/2011 1:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I received this as a sample and I'll be going back to buy a full tub. I've been using this as a night time moisturizer. The smell's not awesome but it's okay. I like how it sinks into my skin and doesn't make it feel oily. It keeps my breakouts at bay. It moisturizers. It does everything that I expect a moisturizer to do :)

on 2/15/2011 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Have combination skin with rosacae and adult acne in T-zone. Very hard to find a moisturizer that works for all this! Imperialis has been my go-to for years. Helps that I live in Seattle, since it's a little lightweight. I use at night and alternate with Celestial or Mychelle night creams in rare times when it's cold and dry and my skin gets tight. Love the smell too.

on 2/2/2011 1:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

i only used this two or three times and it completely broke me out! :( i got a sample of this though and i noticed the lady just scooped some of the tester into a sample jar, so it might've been that the tester was dirty from ppl touching and testing it...

either way, i wouldn't purchase because i REALLY don't like the smell of this. it has a bit of a ginseng smell to it and a bit of plasticy smell. its unpleasant :P

my intentions of trying this cream was to try a thicker moisturizer for the winter but i don't think it was good at doing that. it might've been the pimples it's been giving me, but i felt that my face felt rougher than it was before i started using this.

dissapointed :(