November 27, 2014 | 1414 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Mario Badescu - Olive Eye Cream

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2007 4:16:00 PM More reviews by swirlingblacklily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm in my late twenties, and I don't yet have any wrinkles or lines so I'm using this eye cream more as a preventive measure than anything else. It does a good job of moisturizing the eye area, and a little dab goes a long way.

I'm docking a lippie for the packaging, though -- I would prefer this product if it came in a (more hygenic) tube.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2006 7:00:00 AM More reviews by luxed2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I tried samples of several MB eye creams and I really like them because they don't cause milia or clog my pores which almost every other eye cream does. They all appear to be 'cone free (which is usually the culprit of clogged pores for me). They are also very gentle for sensitive eyes. This one keeps my undereye area very well moisturized throughout the day and was the most moisturizing out of all the ones I tried, however I did not try every single one they carry. Only a dab is needed as it has a very oily consistency. I also liked the Ceramide Herbal eyecream which wasn't quite as moisturizing as this one but it seemed to brighten up my eye area a bit which I liked. I will try that one in the summer. Their samples of eye creams are very generous too, they will last about a month.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2005 10:07:00 AM More reviews by lilacterp

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This seems kind of elusive, so I don't know if it's discontinued or a new item, but I have never seen it before. I bought it because I'm looking mainly for moisturization since I'm still young, so the rich olive oil in this cream sounded perfect. I bought it untried, but at $18, it's not like I was spending big money compared to some other eye creams out there. I tried it at night, according to the directions, and it felt very soothing and clean going on. It's very rich and emollient, leaving my undereye area very moisturized and happy. I woke up with fresh-feeling skin around my eyes and no stinging or burning or other nice suprises. It's a very basic eye cream that does the job of moisturizing, but not more than that. If you're looking for high-performance antiaging or firming, this product is not it, and it's not meant to be so it's okay for me. I love that it has no dyes and it's not tested on animals either. Great basic cream that works especially well for the delicate eye area. Stay away from most of the other Mario Badescu eye creams- they all made my eyes burn and sting when I woke up in the morning. This one is great, however, and I enjoy most Mario Badescu products immensely.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No