July 28, 2014 | 1005 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Unstoppable Eyeliner

rated 3 of 5 on 12/26/2012 9:34:00 AM More reviews by rc630

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

In terms of initial application, this product is very good. It glides on easily, and the twistup mechanism makes it so you don't have to deal with sharpeners and too-pointy ends when the tip gets low. After a few hours, however, I do end up with a lot of smudging around the outer corners of my eyes, giving me the raccoon/trashy look. But once I wipe out the corners, I still have a good amount remaining where I put it.
I also have had problems with breaking, and I have had to throw about an inch of the stick away because it was broken inside the tube, and when I twisted it up, a big chunk just fell out onto the floor.
I can't attest to the waterproof aspect, as I don't like in a place that gets much rain, nor do I swim... not much of a crier either haha
There are probably other more expensive brands out there that make a better product, but in terms of drugstore brands, this is still the best one I've used. If you don't do dramatic eye looks this is good for everyday use. I prefer twist-up liners, and I have yet to find a better one in this price range, so I will probably buy it again even though it isn't the most amazing product.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/13/2012 12:58:00 AM More reviews by sawyer01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Horrible. Doesnt even come out.
It broke up so many times and was an absolute waste of money!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2012 11:48:00 PM More reviews by adara260

I bought this because its the only waterproof drugstore eyeliner I could find at Target. This product is horrible! First I open it and the retraction device was broken. The eyeliner was completely separated from the "stage" mechanism that allows the eyeliner to retract. I tried to lightly smush it to make contact. I barely touched it and the tip broke! So I decided to do a smudge test. I lined this up with Revlon Colorstay and Prestige Total Intensity. I let them sit for a minute and then tried to smudge them like crazy. The Revlon and Prestige didn't smudge a bit. This one was practically gone. I ran my hand under water, the rest of the Maybelline washed away. The other two are still there!

So if I could give a product an absolute 0 for every category, this would be it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2012 7:39:00 PM More reviews by andreamontgomery

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm quite happy with this liner - it is waterproof, it is easy to apply, and I've experienced no breakage.

I'm pretty mystified by the polarity of the reviews. If I had to guess, perhaps there was a formula change, or a bad batch, or a bunch of it was shipped expired? I don't know. But the primary complaints from others (smudging, fading, breakage, and hardness in application) sound like a completely different product to me.

I just wish it was available in a wider variety of colors.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2012 9:27:00 PM More reviews by tswizzle2102

This eyeliner is perfect for if you are in a water sport!! it is amazingly waterproof, that is what i love about it... I got mine in espresso, and the eyeliner doesnt smudge, stays on all day, and is a great product.. I dont like that the tip of the eyeliner keeps popping off sometimes but other than that it is awesome...

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2012 4:06:00 AM More reviews by kathun31

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Best everyday eyeliner in my opinion. Not super thick and doesn't smudge at all. No pencil sharpener needed which also probably means you get less actual product itself, but for the convenience and lack of stabbing myself in the lids with sharp pencil shaving tips I'll take it. Lasts all day for sure.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2012 7:07:00 PM More reviews by cheeky

I don't know why this eyeliner has such a low score, it's the best waterproof retractable pencil I've tried, much better than sephora or stilla. It's wet black which i love, not too thick (stilla i'm looking at you), and truly waterproof. I swatched several different eyeliners on my hand including this one, ran my hand under water, and this eyeliner had the most staying power by far. If you touch it during the day, it will come off on your hand (but show me one that doesn't), but it honestly doesn't fade, or run. Very impressed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2012 5:18:00 PM More reviews by PiMehMeh

I have purchased this eyeliner twice because not only was it affordable, easy to apply and manipulate, and convenient on the-go, but it was also effective at holding up against a variety of wet conditions including surf and salt water, monsoon-like rain storms, tropical humidity, and—dare I say—long, adventurous nights in the bedroom. I have worn this on my oily lids without primer and have never experienced fading or smudging.

I purchased this liner in Onyx, but it also comes in a few other dark colors that, as of this review being written, I have yet to try. This is nice for those who don't like stark black liners but prefer dark liners with a hint of warming or cooling color. Otherwise you don't have a whole lot of color options for these babies.

The ergonomics of the product are standard as well; you twist to expose the eyeliner. I have actually never experienced any breakage, as I twist up only a little and apply conservatively. The packaging of this eyeliner does not include a self-sharpener so crisp lines can be difficult to achieve upon application, but this formula applies creamy and is pretty forgiving, as it does not set to dry right away. You have about a minute to smudge, sharpen, and manipulate the shapes you draw before the eyeliner sets and becomes waterproof.

To make application easier, it is good to have waterproof makeup remover and cotton swaps handy for shaping, or to have a smudging eyeliner sponge or brush, such as e.l.f.'s Smudge Eye Sponge.

But if those are not handy, once again, this eyeliner gives you enough time to shape it even with just your finger tips before setting, which is nice when you're on the go and don't have a full dresser at your disposal. I find this to still be an easy formula to work with and can still achieve the cat eye look, with or without any other tools.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/30/2012 7:15:00 AM More reviews by diamond479

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I haven't experienced any of the product breaking apart, though I have only used this eyeliner for about a week. I must have some sort of an allergic reaction to this as it makes small sections of my eyes red! Furthermore, after only a few hours of wearing this eyeliner, I find it clumps on the outer corners of my eyes, and small flakes form underneath my eyes. I thought this would be a cheaper alternative to MAC's graphblack eyeliner or Loreal's unfallible eyeliner as it promised a long-lasting wear, but I was certainly wrong here! In the bin it goes.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2012 10:50:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I agree with everyone, its probably the worst eyeliner I have tried. I brought several each in the colors Onyx, Espresso, Pink Twilight, and Fluffy Cloud. Amazingly EVERY ONE of them had the tip crumble or had the entire eyeliner stick come loose and fall out of the packaging. It was an entire waste of my money and time and dangerous too as some of the crumbling pieces fell into my eye and it took ages to get all the little bits out - I was very worried.Shame on Maybelline for making such a poor quality product. Save your money and don't buy this rubbish!!

If you want a better windup eyeliner try the Rimmel Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Definers. Lots of pretty colors, cheap, lasting good quality, and they have a handy smudger and a sharpener in the end of the cap too.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No