December 22, 2014 | 975 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Unstoppable Eyeliner

rated 1 of 5 on 2/19/2013 1:34:00 PM More reviews by Senggi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

maybelline said that this eyeliner is Smudge proof, Stay-put, and waterproof eyeliner.. but for me, it's smudge, not stay put and not waterproof at all.. it's easy to applied.. but after 3 hours later it's fade and smudge my under eye like raccoon.. it's not work for me at all and i never used this product again after that.. never buy this product again..

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2013 9:44:00 PM More reviews by edmineralsgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm satisfied with the price and quality. I use it mostly on my waterline and have never had an issue with the "raccoon eyes" look. It stays put and by the end of the day, while not all of it still remains (waterline always fades a little), it's still obvious that I'm wearing eyeliner. It's also perfect for the top lid. Glides on smoothy and blends well. I don't normally wear eyeliner in the summertime, so I cannot say how it withholds with heat. It is not waterproof as the description claims! It washes off easily during my night time face washing routine. It is definitely worth the price! :) would repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2013 11:02:00 PM More reviews by Nitala

I really like the application, it goes on smoothly without tugging at my eye and the onyx shows up really black.

I find it doesn't last very long until it smudges though. It was really bad the first time I tried it so I used an eyeshadow primer around my eye and underneath before putting it on and it's not TOO bad, but it still smudges a little.

I might buy it again once I find a way to keep it from smudging since I like the price and the application.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/22/2013 6:41:00 PM More reviews by MissAwesome

This product claims it is waterproof, but it definitely is not. I bought this for my waterline, and boy did it smudged and run. I have to constantly retouch my waterline since it kept fading and if the weather gets to warm, I starting sweating and it runs.
Overall, not buying this again

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2013 1:10:00 AM More reviews by Twinkletoes10

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have purchased this eyeliner three times (espresso and x2 in pewter) and would buy again once these run out.
PROS:
- Very waterproof! Stays even after having a shower and no major smudging even after swimming.
- Glides on easily.
- No sharpening required!
- Gives decent colour without being too obvious.
CONS:
- Although I haven't tried it in black yet, I find the colour wouldn't be strong enough for night time or special occasions. Doesn't have the 'wow factor' if you're after something dramatic, but perhaps that's due to my colour choices...
- Tends to smudge a bit.
- Can't sharpen so can't get a very thing line
Basically I wear it for everyday when I want something more subtle. Sometimes I use it for my lower lashline because I find black too harsh there.
Oh and one more thing... I would recommend especially for people with fair skin because it looks more natural and there's not such a big contrast as is often the case with strong liquid eyeliners.
Overall I'm very happy with this product :)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2012 1:12:00 AM More reviews by RainbowPotato

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this for tightlining/waterline and it said waterproof! I tried this for tightlining and as a liner and it smudges like crazy. I had it rub all over the bottom of my eyes and it was completely gone from my waterline in a couple of hours.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/26/2012 9:34:00 AM More reviews by rc630

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

In terms of initial application, this product is very good. It glides on easily, and the twistup mechanism makes it so you don't have to deal with sharpeners and too-pointy ends when the tip gets low. After a few hours, however, I do end up with a lot of smudging around the outer corners of my eyes, giving me the raccoon/trashy look. But once I wipe out the corners, I still have a good amount remaining where I put it.
I also have had problems with breaking, and I have had to throw about an inch of the stick away because it was broken inside the tube, and when I twisted it up, a big chunk just fell out onto the floor.
I can't attest to the waterproof aspect, as I don't like in a place that gets much rain, nor do I swim... not much of a crier either haha
There are probably other more expensive brands out there that make a better product, but in terms of drugstore brands, this is still the best one I've used. If you don't do dramatic eye looks this is good for everyday use. I prefer twist-up liners, and I have yet to find a better one in this price range, so I will probably buy it again even though it isn't the most amazing product.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/13/2012 12:58:00 AM More reviews by sawyer01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Horrible. Doesnt even come out.
It broke up so many times and was an absolute waste of money!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2012 11:48:00 PM More reviews by adara260

I bought this because its the only waterproof drugstore eyeliner I could find at Target. This product is horrible! First I open it and the retraction device was broken. The eyeliner was completely separated from the "stage" mechanism that allows the eyeliner to retract. I tried to lightly smush it to make contact. I barely touched it and the tip broke! So I decided to do a smudge test. I lined this up with Revlon Colorstay and Prestige Total Intensity. I let them sit for a minute and then tried to smudge them like crazy. The Revlon and Prestige didn't smudge a bit. This one was practically gone. I ran my hand under water, the rest of the Maybelline washed away. The other two are still there!

So if I could give a product an absolute 0 for every category, this would be it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2012 7:39:00 PM More reviews by andreamontgomery

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm quite happy with this liner - it is waterproof, it is easy to apply, and I've experienced no breakage.

I'm pretty mystified by the polarity of the reviews. If I had to guess, perhaps there was a formula change, or a bad batch, or a bunch of it was shipped expired? I don't know. But the primary complaints from others (smudging, fading, breakage, and hardness in application) sound like a completely different product to me.

I just wish it was available in a wider variety of colors.