Sephora Liquid Eyeliner

3.8

on 6/4/2013 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

This is the only liquid eyeliner I use, that's how much I love it! The applicator was a tiny bit tricky to use at first but with a bit of practice it was very easy. The colours are well-pigmented and long-lasting.There isn't a wide selection of colours but the ones that do exist are very good. The price is also reasonable compared to some of the other ones in Sephora which, in my opinion, are priced based on their brand name and not their quality. To sum up, I highly recommend this product!

The color and finish is lovely. The applicator is simple and easy to use. BUT. And it's a BIG BUT.... If you sweat or live in a humid climate this is going to smudge ALOT. I made the mistake of wearing it to a friend's wedding in Bali, and I kid you not- I looked like a RACOON! Not a happy camper. I had bought the other colors (at the same time i got the black color) because they looked so nice - they also ofcourse smudge and fade. I definitely would not repurchase. Fool me once - shame on you. Fool me twice ......

on 4/11/2013 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE this eyeliner. My HG eyeliner!! it goes on super dark and dries matt which is what i love!
the only thing about it is that it does not come off that easy. You do need a strong eye makeup remover. Other than that i have nothing bad to say about it. Will buy again.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This liquid eyeliner glides on very smoothly. The black is like a jet black. I liked it so much that I ordered another one in deep plum. The deep plum didn't seem as it had as much product. My only complaint is that I wish it was waterproof or at least water resistant. NYC's liquid eyeliner is comparable to this Sephora one & it's much cheaper.

on 12/12/2012 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This is the first Sephora brand product I bought in the years I had been going to the store. I tended to avoid house brand products because I usually think the other brands that they carry have more the offer in terms of quality.

The only reason I bought the liquid eyeliner is because it was the only brand in Sephora that had a royal blue/cobalt/lapis lazuli shade. You have to shake it up a lot before you use it. I found that one layer of liner isn't enough for the color to be totally opaque--you have to put two. However, when the two layers are dry, that's when the liner cracks and starts to flake off even after 2 hours. The first day I wore it, I got many compliments for the color but I was wearing my glasses and nobody noticed the major flaking. When I took my glasses off, I had tons of blue flakes littered under my eyes and on the top part of my cheeks. It's really disappointing because it's hard to find a color like this....especially since MAC discontinued their Fluidline in Royal Wink. Perhaps I'll continue to use the Sephora liner with my glasses because of the color but other than that, I won't repurchase.

on 11/28/2012 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I can't find the glitter liquid liner so I'll just review it here because it is esentially the same thing just with glitter lol. I went into my Sephora and wanted to try out their liquid liners because I thought their pencil liners were decent so why wouldn't liquid be? Ugh I was so wrong! It barely shows up on your eyelid unless you're wearing an eyeshadow and well I just wanted to wear it on its own. Oh well, I wasted $15 on this and will not buy it again. I'll go back to my gel liners lol

on 11/21/2012 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I dislike this eyeliner. Prior to using this, i've used the Revlon Colorstay liquid eyeliner and the only thing it tops is the color. It's definitely blacker than the Colorstay. The brush is good for doing thin liner. This sucks against humidity (it smudges) and it really sucks against moisture. Usually when I yawn, I tear up a little and this smudges like crazy! I tested by swiping a damp finger on my lid (which most liquid liner should withstand) and it smudged beyond compare. It was more bleeding than a little smudge. Note to self: will not wear on rainy weather!
I also find that the wand is a little bit flimsy, as I like a bit of firmness for precision. I should've gotten the water proof one. In short, I like that it's black the whole day, and good for thin winged liner.

on 10/16/2012 9:27:00 PM

Sephora liquid liner is black , easy to apply, and doesn't go anywhere as long as you don't get it wet. Its not the best i've used, but good quality nevertheless.

on 9/30/2012 8:02:00 PM

I hate this eyeliner. I went to sephora looking for a liquid eyeliner and I liked the sephora eyeshadows so I decided to try sephora brand and was very disappointed. It smudged like crazy. Don't waste your money

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This eyeliner is easy to apply, not too expensive, but I wouldn't buy it again. All have to do is yawn, and my eyes tear up a little, and my liner starts heading south to raccoon-ville. This is all with liner on my top lashes only.