December 22, 2014 | 1779 users online

Lips - NARS - Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dragon Girl

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2012 12:16:00 PM More reviews by gwootton

I really like the matte finish, I think it's much more flattering on younger people. The colour is also great on my yellow-toned fair skin. I also find pencils easier to apply than normal lipstick sticks. It's super expensive (17.50) here in England so I don't think I'd buy it again before trying out other reds, but this time round it was a gift so it's not too bad.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2012 5:28:00 AM More reviews by Allyxx

I'm in LOVE with this lippie. I have MAC's Russian Red and Ruby Woo but I think dragon girl has a pinkier tint to it. Its much brighter than ruby woo but doesnt have as strong as a blue base as russian red. Its kind of in between but when I wear this I cant stop looking in the mirror. Its great to put on when you dont want to wear too much makeup or do much to your eyes as this really gives you a "polished" look. I think this pencil is a little pricey but in terms of pigmentation and wear, its a great quality. So far I have had no issues with bleeding. A must have if you love statement lips!!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2012 3:04:00 PM More reviews by nataliecrack

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

So in love with this product!

It is described as a "vivid siren red" and i have to say it is quite accurate.

It is a bright blue based true red. At first I tried it on my hand and it turned a bit fuschia, but on my lips, WOW. I feel like a 40's siren!

It is matte and a bit drying, but i personally only use matte lipsticks so this one is the best for me.

Dragon Girl and Cruella are my favorites and i will keep buying them despite the steep price.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2012 6:37:00 PM More reviews by daisylonglegs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Bought this one as I have it in belle de jour and love the feel. Thus is the mist feminine red I've ever worn and lasted all through a ball and dinner party.
One of my all time fave reds. Blue shades ensure no orange at all which makes teeth look brighter and compliments a multitude of complexions

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2011 1:16:00 PM More reviews by yippee1999

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

As I mention in my other review for a different Velvet Matte lip color (see the color "Damned"), I love these pencils overall. The formulation, the holding power, the matte look etc. The only thing I'll therefore add regarding this color is...it's a nice red color without being too 'in your face' or high maintenance looking, as say a more traditional red lipstick would be. The matteness of this pencil makes this red look less 'haute couture', which is fine with me! It's perfect if you are going for that sort of 'Mad Men' makeup look.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2011 7:06:00 PM More reviews by stephaniegoesgrr

I love this color for a bold red in the summer time.Its a bright red that is not for the shy ladies out there. Im a NW20 and have a freind that is a NC40 and this color gives up both the same color pay off and effect. It gives smooth rich color and wears gracefully. On my the color needs to be touched up every 5 hours without eating or drinking. I will saythat this can be a pain to sharpen. I have used this on several different sharpeners and have lost product everytime. You would think for how pricey it is the packaging would be better. But as for the product itself.... Wonderful!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2011 3:52:00 PM More reviews by Fiammetta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Beautiful, beautiful. It really does have a velvet-soft texture, and applies like a dream. The color is a classic, blue-based red. I like to put it on lips after a small touch of balm.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2011 9:57:00 PM More reviews by XoXoSinCity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Plain and simply just LOVE Nars Lip pencils in Roman Holiday and Dragon Girl especially. Truly pops on my skin like nobodys business and being so matte it never bleeds so no fuss as some red lipsticks can be! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2011 9:33:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

These NARS Velvet Matte pencils are addictive, so beware of your wallet being more empty. I love a matte red lip and it's so chic year round, especially in the autumn and winter or for holiday parties. Dragon Girl is described as "siren red". If you want a more vivid red and even longer lasting color, use a lip stain under it. The Revlon Just Bitten stains last all day for me and a matching color enhances these without changing them. Crave would match Damned and Gothic would match Dragon Girl. Dragon Girl and Damned are must-have shades of all the pencils.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2011 12:38:00 AM More reviews by redaddict

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tried this on in a shop and while I thought the colour was gorgeous, I didn't buy it because I usually find matte products overly drying on my lips and I also find red lipsticks too much maintenance to bother with on a daily basis. I walked out and went to a cafe. After two coffees and a sandwich I remembered I was wearing this lipstick. I thought it must be looking terrible and went to the bathroom to check on it... incredible! It looked almost perfect! It hadn't smudged, hadn't worn off, it wasn't on my teeth and it hadn't dried my lips out! I went straight back to the shop and paid the (frankly ridiculous) $50 AUD. I have worn it a lot and I continue to be amazed at how great it looks and how well it wears. I will definitely check out other colours (although I will be less impulsive and will buy them online!)