NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dragon Girl

4.6

c12 13 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera Wax), Polyethylene, Cyclomethicone, Phenyltrimethicone, Silica, Dimethicone, Sucrose Acetate Isobutyate, Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides, Di Calcium Phosphate, Quaternium 18 Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Aroma (Flavor), Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 30 (CI 73360), Yellow 10 Lake (CI 47005), Red 6, Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Carmine (CI 75470), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)

on 1/15/2013 9:47:00 PM

Dragon girl is a bright blue-red (against my skin at least) and I love that it's buildable. One quick swipe and it gives me a stained lip effect. A few more and it looks like carefully applied lipstick. I love that unlike lipstick, it doesn't smell and I don't need a lip brush to precisely line the edges and corners of my mouth. The color lasts all day, though it does fade a little so you will need to touch it up just a bit. What I don't like is that it does dry out my lips, but not as much as lipstick.

on 1/10/2013 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Fabulous!

OK, not helpful, I know. But, I love the NARS Velvet Matte pencils. Insanely good staying power. Not overly drying.

Dragon Girl is a great pop of color. I have almost-black hair, very pale (~NW15) skin, and it is fantastic. It's my everyday lipstick right now. (And seriously, when I say everyday, I mean everyday, I put it on after yoga, with just mascara, and feel great.) But I'm really comfortable with bright reds... This is great now in January; come summer, I'll probably switch back to Heat Wave or Red Square.

It doesn't make teeth look yellow, so a nice plus.

on 12/24/2012 12:40:00 PM

I adore this color! This was my very first high end purchase, I bought it for myself as a Christmas present and I'm so happy I got it! I have been looking for a very nice red, but one that is also unique. This is perfect! The color is like nothing I've ever seen in a lipstick and looks amazing on me! I especially love that it's a matte so the color really and truly pops out at you. Also the lasting power is amazing. I took a shower and when I came out it hadn't faded. Even after eating it was still on, though it needed a touch up. It is pricy at $24 but so worth it I highly recommend this.

on 11/1/2012 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love the color! And, even though I don't usually like fat chunky pencils, the shape does make it easy to apply.

This shade is very similar to Chanel Rouge Coco #31 Cambon. It maybe looks a little darker than Cambon, but that is due to it being matte.

Dragon Girl stays on MUCH better than Cambon :) I am impressed with its lasting power.

I am uploading a photo with Dragon Girl and Cambon swatched on my hand for comparison.

on 9/17/2012 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I love this lipstick so much! This is a perfect bold statement red lip on me. Forreference I am Nw45, Revlon Cappuccino, L'Oreal Mahogany. This looks like a pin-up red lip on me. Will repurchase forever and ever!

This is the perfect shade of red! This is the second red lipstick I ever bought and it's amazing on me; I could literally stop looking for another red lipstick if I wanted to! :) It might be a bit bright for some people to wear in everyday life but you should probably test it out in person first.

on 6/11/2012 3:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I love this lip pencil because although it is a matte finish, it is not at all drying and therefore comfortable to wear. However, it is better to use a balm as well to better preserve moisture and wear time. Speaking of which, it lasted and lasted and had very low transferability. It wouldn't budge except during meals.

The only downside is the packaging. The lid won't stay on the pencil very well, and the fact that the pencil requires sharpening means that an already small product will have to be partially wasted.

I loved the brightness of this color. Dragon Girl is a vibrant pink-red on my lips, which is a nice pop. I find it absolutely gorgeous!

on 6/2/2012 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Can we talk about LOVE? I really, truely, love this lip pencil. First, it is the perfect orangey red shade for my NC30 (sometimes 40) skin tone. And although it's a matte, it isn't overly drying. I also love that since its a chubby stick it doubles as a lipstick and liner so quick and easy, especially for travel or a night out...cuts down on product. I have literally 50 tubes of red lipstick and this....this is my favorite. Sometimes I will add a clear gloss over top for more of a pin-up look but I don't ever DARE to mess with the color by adding a tinted gloss. IMO, this shade looks better on cool or yellow skintones. If you're more a warm or pink, please check out Cruella. Another beautiful shade but much more flattering on warm skin :)

on 3/17/2012 12:16:00 PM

I really like the matte finish, I think it's much more flattering on younger people. The colour is also great on my yellow-toned fair skin. I also find pencils easier to apply than normal lipstick sticks. It's super expensive (17.50) here in England so I don't think I'd buy it again before trying out other reds, but this time round it was a gift so it's not too bad.

on 2/23/2012 5:28:00 AM

I'm in LOVE with this lippie. I have MAC's Russian Red and Ruby Woo but I think dragon girl has a pinkier tint to it. Its much brighter than ruby woo but doesnt have as strong as a blue base as russian red. Its kind of in between but when I wear this I cant stop looking in the mirror. Its great to put on when you dont want to wear too much makeup or do much to your eyes as this really gives you a "polished" look. I think this pencil is a little pricey but in terms of pigmentation and wear, its a great quality. So far I have had no issues with bleeding. A must have if you love statement lips!!

Top Rated NARS Products