NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dragon Girl

4.6

c12 13 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera Wax), Polyethylene, Cyclomethicone, Phenyltrimethicone, Silica, Dimethicone, Sucrose Acetate Isobutyate, Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides, Di Calcium Phosphate, Quaternium 18 Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Aroma (Flavor), Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 30 (CI 73360), Yellow 10 Lake (CI 47005), Red 6, Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Carmine (CI 75470), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)

on 5/29/2013 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Oh, how I wish this was longer lasting. This is a beautiful product, but it wears off from the inside of my lips out and doesn't leave a stain behind. I end up with uneven, "ring around the lips". It's still a beautiful color, applies like a creamy dream and is packed with pigment. It's not crazy drying but not particularly comfortable.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Bought this for my 30th bday, I was doing the whole pin-up girl look and needed the perfect red shade. For me, THIS was it! It's matte but not dry at all! It went on smoothe but not dry. It's really long lasting, that's always a plus! I did use a red lipstick over it but that was extra. This would've been beautiful without it. I would definitely buy this in other shades. Three years later I still have this pencil and it's still great!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This, sadly, did not work for me. It is, however, the most pigmented true red lip product I have ever found. It wear well and long. The packaging is slightly annoying, because I don't like sharpening. However, I think this works better for warm toned people.

on 1/30/2013 11:00:00 PM

I love this lip pencil so much. Gorgeous color, gorgeous look. So easy to apply because it's so precise. This actually doesn't dry out my lips like most stuff! I can't even feel it on either, and it barely smudges. I only gave it 4 lippies because for some reason, even with reapplying, it doesn't really maintain its integrity. Also it needs to be sharpened a lot.

on 1/15/2013 9:47:00 PM

Dragon girl is a bright blue-red (against my skin at least) and I love that it's buildable. One quick swipe and it gives me a stained lip effect. A few more and it looks like carefully applied lipstick. I love that unlike lipstick, it doesn't smell and I don't need a lip brush to precisely line the edges and corners of my mouth. The color lasts all day, though it does fade a little so you will need to touch it up just a bit. What I don't like is that it does dry out my lips, but not as much as lipstick.

on 1/10/2013 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Fabulous!

OK, not helpful, I know. But, I love the NARS Velvet Matte pencils. Insanely good staying power. Not overly drying.

Dragon Girl is a great pop of color. I have almost-black hair, very pale (~NW15) skin, and it is fantastic. It's my everyday lipstick right now. (And seriously, when I say everyday, I mean everyday, I put it on after yoga, with just mascara, and feel great.) But I'm really comfortable with bright reds... This is great now in January; come summer, I'll probably switch back to Heat Wave or Red Square.

It doesn't make teeth look yellow, so a nice plus.

on 12/24/2012 12:40:00 PM

I adore this color! This was my very first high end purchase, I bought it for myself as a Christmas present and I'm so happy I got it! I have been looking for a very nice red, but one that is also unique. This is perfect! The color is like nothing I've ever seen in a lipstick and looks amazing on me! I especially love that it's a matte so the color really and truly pops out at you. Also the lasting power is amazing. I took a shower and when I came out it hadn't faded. Even after eating it was still on, though it needed a touch up. It is pricy at $24 but so worth it I highly recommend this.

on 11/1/2012 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love the color! And, even though I don't usually like fat chunky pencils, the shape does make it easy to apply.

This shade is very similar to Chanel Rouge Coco #31 Cambon. It maybe looks a little darker than Cambon, but that is due to it being matte.

Dragon Girl stays on MUCH better than Cambon :) I am impressed with its lasting power.

I am uploading a photo with Dragon Girl and Cambon swatched on my hand for comparison.

on 9/17/2012 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I love this lipstick so much! This is a perfect bold statement red lip on me. Forreference I am Nw45, Revlon Cappuccino, L'Oreal Mahogany. This looks like a pin-up red lip on me. Will repurchase forever and ever!

This is the perfect shade of red! This is the second red lipstick I ever bought and it's amazing on me; I could literally stop looking for another red lipstick if I wanted to! :) It might be a bit bright for some people to wear in everyday life but you should probably test it out in person first.

Top Rated NARS Products