October 1, 2014 | 2032 users online

Lip Gloss - The Body Shop - born lippy - strawberry

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2011 2:19:00 AM More reviews by muzikmk18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This smells amazing and gives a really subtle color to the lips. The only thing I don't really like about this is that I don't really like the fact that you have to use your hands to get this product, but otherwise it's really good. Also, this lasts you forever. I bought this a few years ago and I'm still not halfway through it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2010 12:15:00 PM More reviews by lleux

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was 12 years old when a friend showed me this lip gloss in my 7th grade history class. It smells just as amazing to me now as it did 8 years ago. Its scent is almost identical to fresh strawberries - if not, it's refreshingly similar to them. The color is barely there red with a hint of pink, but it's so sheer you won't really notice. It has a gel-like consistency and it lasts pretty long. I'm kind of stunned that it's exactly how I remember it - even down to the packaging style. I was surprised that they still carried this product, and I hope that they continue to do so.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2010 6:09:00 PM More reviews by violet_avalon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this recently because I was nostalgic about the old Body Shop lip balms. This time around the strawberry scent and flavour felt more artificial than before and the consistency a bit more liquid. Could be that they changed the formula or maybe I remember it wrong (I was a great fan of a milk chocolate lip balm that they had about 10 years ago...lovely)
Overall I still like this, it's nice on my lips, keeps them hydrated and shiny, tastes nice and I don't really mind putting my finger on the little pot. In terms of brand comparison, however, I'm a bigger fan of Burt's Bees lip products because of their ingredient selection, but Body Shop is more available where I live and the results are still good. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2010 7:36:00 AM More reviews by MissJenn909

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The Strawberry flavoured Born Lippy is the first Body Shop libalm that I have ever bought! I purchased the strawberry flavoured Born Lippy for $7.50AUD and am extremely happy with the product! The lipbalm has the sweetest, most natural smell of strawberries ever. The scent is long lasting and strong both in the tub and on my lips. The lipbalm also gives my lips a subtle glossy shine and tint of colour which I just love! The colour is a tint of pinky-red which looks natural and compliments my lips beautifully! It moisturises my lips beautifully and I'm suprised that some reviewers found that it dried out their lips, I have certainly not had this reaction to the product. The Born Lippy comes in a cute, round little container and to apply the product you need to dip your finger into the container before wiping the product onto your lips. I don't have a problem with this method of application but I can understand why some would find this annoying. However, I rate this product 5 lippies. (: When I finish the Strawberry one, I will definitely try the other flavours from the collection!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2010 10:55:00 AM More reviews by bawangbieji

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This balm is very moisturizing and it gives my lips a very sheer pinkish color. Some balms give out a bright pink color and my light/warm toned skin cannot hold that well, but it turned out this gives a very subtle hue and shine. It's a bit greasy, so I use a light hand. Besides it gives a very nice shine when worn on top of a nude shade matte lipstick. I hate the glossy look so I always prefer this balm over clear gloss.

Watermelon flavor is also very nice so when I run out of strawberry I'll switch to watermelon. The fragrance does stay because when i wear it people often say it smells of strawberries and they try to find the source :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2010 4:19:00 AM More reviews by kl87

I love the smell of this lip gloss! It's so devine I just want to eat it! The colour it gives is nice too, gives your lips a shiny pink gloss look.. I find it stays on quite well but is not overly nourishing for your lips - this is more of a gloss you wear when your lips are in good condition and just to ad colour. I dont particularly like how sticky it can be and the fact it comes in a pot makes application a little annoying - It might just be me but I find I have to wipe my fingers after application because they feel sticky. I do re-purchase though as it's a great smell and a great look - I try cheat and use a lipstick brush for application though!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2010 8:45:00 AM More reviews by PrettyHandsomeAwkward

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I can't decide whether I like this one or not. What is good about this balm is that it smells absolutely divine and gives a nice glossy colour. But it feels kind of sticky on my lips and is not very moisturizing. Overall it's a good (but not great) product. I wouldn't buy it again cause there are better options out there.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2010 3:25:00 AM More reviews by helloneko

This lip balm has a sweet flavor and scent, but it doesn't stay on for very long nor does it nourish or moisturize my dry lips. I prefer Rosebud Salve.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2010 5:08:00 PM More reviews by Starryxfantasy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my third lip balm from TBS after watermelon and satsuma. It smells really sweet and yummy! It adds a tint of colour on my lips and is really shiny. But after 5 minutes my lips are dry and back to how they were before... So I wouldn't want to carry this around and have to reapply often. The tub is cute at least. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2010 3:24:00 AM More reviews by lilbeebee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Let me begin by saying, I love The Body Shops strawberry scents. This stuff smells stong of artificial strawberry in the container. It comes in a little pot, and it is a pretty pink color. When applied it deposits a pink hue to my lips. The strong scent of strawberry seems to dissipate when applied. Doesn't really do much for my lips though, it just feels like a thick greasy coating. Wears off rather quickly also. I had high hopes for this one, but doesn't work for me. Will not repurchase this again.