July 25, 2014 | 1864 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #209 Eye liner

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2010 3:17:00 PM More reviews by shahada

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Absolutely love this brush for gel eyeliner. I can make a beautiful winged line (well as beautiful as my skills allow lol) or a perfect simple line across the top of my lid. I use successfully with my Stila Smudge Pots, MAC Fluidlines, and Bobbi Brown gel liners. Easy to clean with cleansing oil and follow up baby soap. Will definitely hands down purchase again in the even the brush needs to be replaced . . . haven't had to do that yet with a MAC brush. I do also have the Sigma 209 and do not like it near as much . . . much thicker, but wanted to offer a comparison. I find with the 209 I can draw a much smoother line than with an angled brush like the 266 (which I love for my eyebrows).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2010 3:55:00 PM More reviews by briii

i like this brush for eyeliner over the angled brushes. i use mac fluidline daily and a mua reccomended the 266 small angled brush for it. it worked okay for me but wanted to try something new and i got this one. I LOVE IT. it works so much better than the 266. it it way easier to apply the liner and get a nice percise line. its just another great mac brush that i cannot live without.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2010 3:26:00 PM More reviews by coletteJ

my best eyeliner brush...great with gel liners. Its perfect for creating that old hollywood winged/cat eye look. It makes it so easy to do make up like a pro. buy this instead of the 266...trust me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2010 1:26:00 PM More reviews by botitas1977

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a great brush for the fluidline or other gel eyeliners. I recommend using this only for the top eyelid cuz It hurts if you use it underneath. It creates a pretty dramatic line. This is perfect for the wiged out eyeliner cuz its so flexible but also stiff enough to make a great straight line.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2010 4:12:00 PM More reviews by nidsters19

I like this one for eye liner with black track fluid line better than the slanted 266 brush. This one takes a bit more practice to perfect, and I can't be in a hurry to use this brush, but I like the application the best for a black-grey smokey eye.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2010 10:37:00 PM More reviews by xosugar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this brush. I use it to apply my L'Oreal Hip Cream Liner. I haven't had a problem with splaying yet, but then again my brush is not that old. I bought it because there is a sales person in my local MAC store that wears a great cat eye so I asked her how she did it and she said it was this brush and the MAC fluidline. She draws an outline from the middle of the lid on the top and then another line from the bottom lashes and then fills it in. I love it, but if you're looking for a more subtle line go with the 210.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2010 8:42:00 PM More reviews by shanstuff

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I typically use this brush when I am going for a smokey eye, as it is a fuller brush and gives a thicker, less defined line in my opinion. It's about 2-3 times as full as the 210 brush, and is very easy to control. However, it will not give you that super-sharp, extra-thin line. It's great for cat eyes and heavier lines, and that's how I use it. I usually line on either cake or gel liner and then smudge it out for a more smokey look, then follow with eyeshadow. I often then go back with my 210 right at the lash line for some definition.

Again, great for thicker lines and dramatic looks. I love this liner for that! If you're looking for a thin, subtle look, go with the 210.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2010 10:50:00 PM More reviews by Hollynla

I've tried several different gel liner brushes and I really like this one. If I could improve on it at all, I would make it just a little bit stiffer for better control, but of all the liner brushes I've tried, it is the one I reach for the most.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2010 8:28:00 PM More reviews by GUMBYY

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

applies however u want it to come out .. thick thin angled or not good results regardless :D

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2010 4:33:00 PM More reviews by ggracebasa420

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

this is my all time favorite eyeliner brush. It applies my gel liners super thin or thick depending on how I wear it... The quality of the brush is great and I have yet to see a hair shed out of the brush. It's great and last forever. I've had mine for about 2 years now and even got a backup too!