April 16, 2014 | 2034 users online

Lip Treatments - By Terry - Baume de Rose

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2011 11:07:00 PM More reviews by AsianDiva123

I agree the price is absolutely ridiculous but this is the best lip balm that I've ever had. I use it every morning and wait a few mins before I put on lipstick or lipgloss. First time I put it on I didn't think it was all that. However a few hours later, I suddenly thought my lips felt way softer than normal and realized it was this lip balm. This is a jar and does last for a long time. Also you don't need a lot, a little dab goes a long way.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2011 6:30:00 AM More reviews by bellyhead

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't know what sort of brainless mentality was active when I went into Barney's and asked for a great lip balm. So off I went to the counter, smelled the lovely scent, sampled the lush balm and bought it. Did I even ASK how much it is? I guess not.

I do put it on every night before I go to bed, and when I am feeling particularly generous, I may swab some on my husband's lips, too. The jar is heavy glass and exquisite and the scent is rosy and divine. I also put a tiny dab in the morning to help my lipcolor glide on. I did pay almost 60 USD plus tax on it, so it better be all that.

All of the luxuriousness of the product is what is so appealing about the product, but I think in terms of it's moisturizing qualities, I think my $12 giant tub of baby Aquaphor is a great dupe.

I will use it every day until I need to scrape a toothpick to get every last lovely blob out of the jar, but I will not buy again.

17 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2011 5:42:00 PM More reviews by capripor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The packaging is cute but elegant and refined. A 10g / 0.35 oz. pot in a pink and silver box contains a multi-protective, nutri regenerating SPF 15 balm with a subtle rose scent that you can use on your lips or your cuticles as the instructions say.

I love the consistency, smell, packaging, everything but the price. I really like the way my lips feel and you only have to apply it a few times a day. They also have a BY TERRY Baume de Rose Crystalline Bottle which I think its more practical for on the go.

I think now that I have tried it I won't be able to use other balms so I am pretty sure I will be splurging on this from time to time as I think a pot will last a few months.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2011 7:11:00 AM More reviews by ultravee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I hate to ruin the cult status of this product but this is really a very average lip balm. The best part of this product is the look of it. It's gorgeous! A pink tinted glass jar with gold lid, sooo luxurious! Mmmmm! You totally love keeping it where everyone can see it haha! Or, keep opening it and inhaling the smell, which is amazing by the way. But when it gets to using it...I always rush to the bathroom first to wash my hands because I hate sticking my fingers into any cream without washing them first! The other thing is the smell, which is great when you inhale it occasionaly but having it on my lips all the time, let alone kissing someone, it's annoying. It's too strong! The moisturizing part... well, this isn't any better or worse than other balms I've tried (yet it is considerably more expensive!). Okay, it's definitely worse than Carmex which still after many years remains my favorite lip balm. The feel on the lips is nice but I need to reapply it more often than I'd like to which is annoying. Overall, it's not a bad lip balm, don't get me wrong, but it certanly does not justify the price.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2011 11:03:00 AM More reviews by charlies04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was really hestitant to try this because of the price (35 GBP), afterall it is only lipbalm!! And in my opinion its just like eight hour cream! The pot is slightly inconvenient (have to take your time to open carefully - so not so perfect for on the go touch-ups). Just an over priced product.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2011 8:25:00 AM More reviews by blyss

Overview: If you can swallow the price tag, this will change your lips for the better! It is now a HG item if mine and I understand why it has a cult following. It is that good.

My Skin:
Since this is a lip product, I'll only mention the skin of my lips. My lips are sensitive. They react strongly to menthol and to any plumpers in a crazy rash. They do dry out easily and I have to use a balm of some sort daily and nightly.

The Good:
I've probably used over 20 balls throughout my life and very rarily would I spend 15 on a balm (let alone 50). This balm changed my mind. When you open the jar, a delicate and true to rose scent wafts out. It is strong but not cloying nag fake. After applying the balm, the scent does dissipate after a few moments. The texture is very different. Most balks that are thicker carry a strong waxy texture but not this one. Terry somehow created a very smooth and emollient balm without it being waxy, stiff, greasy, or too slick. I can only think of explaining it as a really HE pure Shea butter that has been beaten and warmed so it is still pliable and needs no massaging to be moisturizing. Oh and it is so moisturizing! I use a fraction of Rosebud salve and this balm lasts throughout the night.

The container is quite luxurious. A very heavy glass container topped with a mirror like cap.

The Bad and Ugly:
The only negative I have to say is the price. It almost seem ridiculous to pay 55 for a balm but I've been using this for a month now and I've used half what I would use from other products. So this will stretch the dollar more. I guess for others who hate roses, the scent might you off but this rose scent is lovely to me.

Would I repurchase or recommend?
Heck yah. It is a splurge but this is worth it. My lips have never smoother and it makes my lipsticks look phenomenal. I use it daily and I have barely made a dent in the pot. If you want a HG luxury item, this is a must have.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2011 10:27:00 AM More reviews by hollyholly

I have suffered from constant cracked and peeling lips forever. Recently I started a new job where I am in aircon all day and this caused my skin and lips to become SO dry! I have always wanted to buy this balm, but was convinced I could find something way way cheaper that would work just as well without the $100 AUD price tag. I have tried pretty much every lip balm on the market (paw paw cream, blistex, carmex, maybelline, N3, 8hr cream, chapstick, avene) and NOTHING worked........so I caved and bought this. I felt guilty and a bit shamed for the the first day cos I had blown $100 bucks on a lipbalm which is pretty silly - but by the end of second day of applying this MY LIPS ARE NO LONGER DRY. NO FLAKING. NO CRACKING. I CAN APPLY LIPSTICK. AMAZING. If you have the cash and really want it buy it, you will love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2011 1:47:00 AM More reviews by gurlypowa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i didn't have a real problem with dry lips before... i usually put on some lip balm (blistex) after i brush my teeth, or lip gloss. but then i was breaking out a lot so my doctor put me on accutane for 4 months... and altho it did wonders to my skin, my nails hair and espcially my LIPS were VERY VERY dry. my lips were so dry that the regular chapsticks wouldn't do squat to moisturize. it felt like just adding a layer of wax on top of my lips, but did nothing to soothe the actual dryness. the medicated blistex worked a bit better, it soothed th dryness immediately when i applied it, but after 10 minutes it was gone, and my lips were completely dried out and peeling after. my lips were SO dry that i had sores on the side of my mouth from cracked skin, so bad that i could barely open my mouth to eat anything.

then i heard about this lip balm and how wonderful it was. the price was crazy, but people keep saying its worth it. even on Ebay you can't find it for a cheaper price, and if does bid, the closing bid is pretty close to the actual price because people like it so much. so today i went to Sephora and tried the tester... and WOW. not only was the color gorgeous (very feminine and pretty... like a pink opal), it smelled wonderful too (rose scented), and it relieved my dry lips without feeling sticky like gloss. the real test was how long it would last. well, it lasted thru my shopping trip, (2hrs) and i also ate fajitas tonite, and altho the color dissapeared, i cuold talk normally and eat normally without the corners of my lips cracking! so thats about 3-4hrs, including a meal, of not havingto constantly apply blistex to my lips. i think its worth the price and im gonna get my grubby little hands on a pot ASAP!

UPDATE: whenever i stop using this, my lips get cracked and peely again within a day or two..(that damn accutane!!) i guess the only downside (other than the price) is that it's as addictive as crack. i wont use anything else on my lips anymore...

oh, by the way, if u're pregnant, u might want to pass on this lipbalm soley on the fact that the smell will make u wanna barf. otherwise, it smells great. lol

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2011 9:08:00 AM More reviews by tntntn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's lovely. It smells beautiful and makes your lips super-soft.

However, lots of things smell beautiful and Blistex Relief Cream also makes your lips super-soft.

I think this is a true luxury. It's a lovely treat for yourself if you have a spare 30, and a beautiful thing to have in your handbag.

Is it worth the money? Of course not. There's no lip balm on the planet worth more than $20, really. But lots of lovely things aren't really worth the money - I'd file this in the same category as Diptyque candles, Laduree macaroons, Smythson notebooks...

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/19/2011 11:57:00 PM More reviews by Lannie00

such a waste of money. doesnt do anything. i wouldnt pay $100 aus dollars for something that puts a bit of shine to my lips for half an hour and nothing else. reviews seem positive so i bought this because my lips are always dry. saved up and what a disappointment. the tinge of pink doesnt even show on my lips and certainly doesnt moisturise. the maybelline baby lips is 100x better than this stuff and is under $4. this is such a waste of money i could have bought a pair of nice heels. seriously, this stuff doesnt do anything for me! the cheaper the better.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No