By Terry Baume de Rose

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (7.5%), Avobenzone (3%) Inactive Ingredients: castor seed oil, synthetic wax, diisostearyl malate tridecyl trimellitate, methyl hydrogenated rosinate, hydrogenated polyisobutene, polyethylene, C10-30 cholesterol/lanesterol esters, petrolatum, shea butter extract, stearalkonium hectorite, C20-40 acid, caprilic/capric triglyceride, fragrance, tocopherol, rosa centifolia flower wax, rosa damascena flower wax, propylene carbonate, pentaerythrityl tetraisostearate, lanolin, sodium pca, water, polysorbate 85, trihydroxypalmitamidohydroxypropyl myristyl ether, alumina, polyhydroxystearic acid, silica, methylparaben, silica dimethyl silylate, hydrolyzed wheat protein, butylene glycol, mica, titanium dioxide, carmine, phenoxyethanol, propylparaben, butylparaben, ethylparaben, isobutylparaben

on 12/2/2012 4:51:00 AM

This Lip baume is one of the best I tried so far. It stays on the lips a great deal of time, it hydrates, softens and gives a tiny sheer. It's not colored, so if you're also going for a little color, it should be accompanied by a dab of lipstick. The major downside is that it's awfully expensive. The cheaper alternative is from Nuxe, offering pretty much the same lip comfort.

on 11/11/2012 12:28:00 PM

Good lip balm, smells great, nice package. The only drawback is way too expensive. I can get the same result using much cheaper balms, will not buy again unless it is on sale.

on 10/18/2012 7:24:00 PM

Gloopiness of product is off-putting: doesn't readily absorb. Not particularly hydrating. Underwhelming all round really.

on 10/1/2012 7:07:00 PM

Pricey, pricey, pricey, but I haven't regretted this purchase. Beautiful jar packaging, gorgeous light rose scent, and the balm does what it is supposed to do without being extra greasy. I would buy this again.

on 8/16/2012 5:53:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

All the previous reviews have already covered the issue of the insane price tag attached to this, so i wont get into it!
I am currently on my 2nd or 3rd jar of this and even though this was suppose to be a one-time purchase, a luxury treat per say i have repurchased more than once and sadly i will break-down and buy it again i am sure. The skincare fanatic in me is always on the look out for the next best thing, i am very fickle when it comes to brand loyalty and even though i usually buy HE, i've discovered a few drugstore gems that surprised me. My lip balm collection is completely out of control - i have them in every single part of the house, every handbag, pocket, drawer etc for "emergencies". Baume de Rose however never leaves my side and not just because of the price - to put it plainly, it preforms better than anything else i have and can fix my lips in 5 seconds. The texture is like a typical balm, without the stickiness and oily residue of others of course. It sinks in fast, erases any flakes that might be on there, drenches the dry feeling AND smells amazing (i love roses!). I expected some colour but my pigmented rosy lips prevailed and i prefer it that way and even though my lips are already full, the plumping effect is definitively noticable :)
I am sure there might be better lip treatments out there for less but i dont know of them - when i do i will be the first in line to buy them but until then i will carry this little jar everywhere :)

on 6/28/2012 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is overpriced for me at almost 50 euro for a lipbalm!! but the product junkie that I am wanted to have this because of all the raves it got. And I disliked it so much, I had it for almost two years and I could not even use it up because everytime I put this on my lips they start to tingle and I want to scrub it off. It also dried my lips out my lips became flaky when I used this. I have sensitive skin/lips so maybe the fragrance/rose oil irritated me? It is a luxury treat and if it works for you and you can afford it why not but I would suggest you to try a sample first because for some it works and for some it doesn't.

on 5/20/2012 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have mixed feelings about this lip balm. The pros: it works - keeps my severely chapped lip moist and soft. The cons: it's outrageously expensive ($60 for this little jar), it's heavily scented like roses and who wants that on their lips?, it has a very cool-toned light pink color that changes the look of lipstick and is not flattering on my warm-toned skin if I wear it alone, it comes in a clunky glass jar that I can't leave out or my kids will break and it's too big/heavy to put in my purse, and did I mention that this stuff might as well be made of gold because that's how much it costs? Will I buy it again? Sadly I probably will because it's one of the few lip balms that actually works.

on 4/27/2012 4:03:00 AM

By Terry's Baum de Rose acquired a cult following on Youtube as it was previously touted by the highly influential Lollipop26 among others. These beauty bloggers were not sponsored by the companies, not given the products for free, they purchased it with their own money, and this was the deciding factor for me to try this product. This coupled with the fact that Terry started her career as a professional makeup artist, just like Bobbi Brown, and Bobbi's skincare range pretty much revolutionized the skincare industry because it isn't a bunch of celebrities being paid to endorse the products. So I expected a lot from By Terry in terms of the formulation of this balm and whether it would be a truly unique and indispensable product on the market. To cut a long story short I was not disappointed, and I will buy this as long as I can afford to.

I also use smith's original rosebud as well as minted rose salve, and Baum de Rose is not just another rose-infused lip balm. My workplace is conservative and I never apply Smith's while I'm at work because it is simply too glossy and draws too much attention to my naturally rosy lips. Baum de Rose on the other hand gives a subdued effect. You can also layer it to nude out your lips and I love this effect on my rather pigmented lips. As far as non-glossy lip balms go, I have yet to find anything better both in terms of formulation and packaging. Carmex tastes bitter and Burt's Bee's is clear and doesn't give a rosy sheen; I want something more moisturizing, thick and gives a barely there kind of nude-ish pink for daily use. For me, there is nothing more uninspiring than to whip out a generic yellow tube of lip balm several times a day. Baum de Rose's glass jar is so old school glamorous, so French, so feminine, and makes a great little pick me up. Try this if your wallet can justify a little something luxurious.

on 4/18/2012 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product works. Is it worth $59? No. It shouldn't be priced that high. Unfortunately, I cannot find anything like it. I like that it comes in a glass jar and that I have to dip my finger in. I choose how much I use each time. The heavy glass and rose scent make it feel like it's a little luxury. I honestly bought it because I wanted to treat myself to something nice. Didn't expect it to work any better than Kiehl's but it does. I will rebuy not because it's that amazing or worth such a high amount but because it works and it's a little indulgence if that makes sense.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this lip treatment. I use it every night and I always wake up w/ baby soft lips. I am on my 2nd one right now and will not go w/o it ever. It is on the pricier side,compare to La Mar which is $48 vs $58 for By Terry. However, I think it's worth every penny.

Popular Lip Treatments