October 1, 2014 | 1017 users online

Lip Treatments - By Terry - Baume de Rose

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2012 9:08:00 PM More reviews by jezebeljunk

$60 for a lip treatment? Hell, yes! This product is, in my mind, absolutely worth it.

I just love the Baum de Rose. I saved by pennies for it over a few months thinking I was quite mad about to buy such an expensive lip treatment. When lollipop26 was still doing YouTube (thank goddess! In case you don't know, she is back blogging as Buy Now, Blog Later), she turned me on to this product and unfortunately all things SpaceNK.

Pros: 1) Beautiful cream/gel consistency. Non sticky in any way whatsoever.
2) LOVELY rose infusion provides a very natural rose scent.
3) This bad boy provides a wonderful overnight treatment that makes your lips very smooth and hydrated.
4) Formula is also quite plumping to the lips so can be worn in the day as well for a natural look.
5) This doubles as a cuticle cream. I do not waste this product on my cuticles as I don't really give a damn about them and use a nice cheap and nutural Badger product on them. However, after I am done applying Rose de Baume to my lips I do rub the excess onto my cuticles and it really moisturizes them a lot. So, if you are into your cuticles I am sure you would be happy with the results of this on them.

Con: My only thoughts regarding a change in this product is that I wish there was a day and night formula. Baum de Rose has an SPF 15 in it. I really don't like applying SPF to my face unless I am actually going into the sun. Thus, I wish there was a night formula without the SPF and a day formula with the SPF.

When I first purchased this, I thought to myself "This is a one time purchase only." However, I enjoy it so much and find it so effective that I will wholeheartedly purchase again. Furthermore. I've had my jar for a year now and I'm only half done with it. So, it's really lasting me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2011 9:34:00 AM More reviews by abfabjeanius

I held off on buying this cult product because of the ridiculous price (currently $58USD.) however, since we got winter here a little early in NYC, I've noticed that my lips have been super chapped and flaky, and none of my previous remedies were working. (ie. The Body Shop Shea lip butter, Palmer's Cocoa lip balm, Smith's Rosebud Salve, plain ol'Vaseline, Chapstick, Burt's Bees lip balm.) It felt like all of these were just coating my lips, but not really penetrating the skin to hydrate.

Enter Baume de Rose. It comes in a lovely glass jar with a metal twist-on lid, so it looks elegant sitting on my nightstand, which is where I keep it. (I bought this to keep at home, and the wand version to keep in my purse.) The texture is somewhat hard, so it feels like a thick-ish eye cream, but when you dip your finger in it, it warms up and you can get enough to apply to your lips.

Once on the lips, it really soaks in, and you barely feel it. There is no goopiness or heavy waxy feeling. It's just a light veil that works well on its own, or if you wanted, you could wear it under lipstick. The color in the pot is a pale rose-pink, and I find that it does emphasize the pink tones in my lips. I put this on at night and wake up to plumper feeling, hydrated lips. I also put some on before I leave the house so that it can soak in during my morning commute (it has SPF 15.)

This balm has a strong rose petal scent, so if that bothers you, you may want to stay away. I personally like it -- it is like rose water, and reminds me quite a bit of my travels to North Africa.

Overall, I am in live with this and highly recommend! continued >>

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2011 6:13:00 PM More reviews by miele2007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I went from thinking this was an "Emperor's New Clothes" beauty product to buying a pot. I had received two samples during a SpaceNK event. I globbed a bit on a few days later and immediately disliked the rose scent. It's a sweet, tea rose type fragrance that reminds me of soccer moms and Crabtree & Evelyn stores. Not that there is anything wrong with either of those, but, I tend to like more gourmand or natural scents. I didn't notice anything great, it felt a little heavy and slick, but, nothing to warrant either the hype or cost. Then I woke up the next morning, rushed to work and slapped on my usual lipstick. My lips looked nicer than usual. I looked like I was pouting slightly - just fuller and sexier than usual. After using up the first sample, I realized the Baume de Rose was what had transformed my lips. I went and made a full size purchase and haven't regretted it since.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2011 9:43:00 PM More reviews by cjm517

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

HG status here! I've recently been on a bT kick and this was the first non-foundation item form bT that I've purchased. This is a thick balm/gloss hybrid which I absolutely adore. It is a very light pink color which is very sheer but lends just a little bit of color which makes your lips look really milky and feminine. There is a very soft and fresh rose scent which is not grannyish or outdated. It comes in a frosted glass pot and a gold metal lid and seals tight. I keep this in my purse and have yet for the lid to come undone.
I don't know what magic stuff is in this balm, but it works like a charm. My lips aren't necessarily dry or cracked or damaged but BDR plumps them up (without tingling) and makes them look and feel very soft and moist. The product isn't too glossy and wears away very nicely. It is very moisturizing and weightless on the lips. At about $55 a pop, this isn't cheap but for me it is a luxury that I love. I've had my little pot for over four months now and I am only half way through with usage several times daily. I pat it on with my ring finger and often just wear it alone.
Overall, a great product! I'll continue to repurchase and repurchase unless I go broke .

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2011 11:07:00 PM More reviews by AsianDiva123

I agree the price is absolutely ridiculous but this is the best lip balm that I've ever had. I use it every morning and wait a few mins before I put on lipstick or lipgloss. First time I put it on I didn't think it was all that. However a few hours later, I suddenly thought my lips felt way softer than normal and realized it was this lip balm. This is a jar and does last for a long time. Also you don't need a lot, a little dab goes a long way.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2011 6:30:00 AM More reviews by bellyhead

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't know what sort of brainless mentality was active when I went into Barney's and asked for a great lip balm. So off I went to the counter, smelled the lovely scent, sampled the lush balm and bought it. Did I even ASK how much it is? I guess not.

I do put it on every night before I go to bed, and when I am feeling particularly generous, I may swab some on my husband's lips, too. The jar is heavy glass and exquisite and the scent is rosy and divine. I also put a tiny dab in the morning to help my lipcolor glide on. I did pay almost 60 USD plus tax on it, so it better be all that.

All of the luxuriousness of the product is what is so appealing about the product, but I think in terms of it's moisturizing qualities, I think my $12 giant tub of baby Aquaphor is a great dupe.

I will use it every day until I need to scrape a toothpick to get every last lovely blob out of the jar, but I will not buy again.

17 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2011 5:42:00 PM More reviews by capripor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The packaging is cute but elegant and refined. A 10g / 0.35 oz. pot in a pink and silver box contains a multi-protective, nutri regenerating SPF 15 balm with a subtle rose scent that you can use on your lips or your cuticles as the instructions say.

I love the consistency, smell, packaging, everything but the price. I really like the way my lips feel and you only have to apply it a few times a day. They also have a BY TERRY Baume de Rose Crystalline Bottle which I think its more practical for on the go.

I think now that I have tried it I won't be able to use other balms so I am pretty sure I will be splurging on this from time to time as I think a pot will last a few months.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2011 7:11:00 AM More reviews by ultravee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I hate to ruin the cult status of this product but this is really a very average lip balm. The best part of this product is the look of it. It's gorgeous! A pink tinted glass jar with gold lid, sooo luxurious! Mmmmm! You totally love keeping it where everyone can see it haha! Or, keep opening it and inhaling the smell, which is amazing by the way. But when it gets to using it...I always rush to the bathroom first to wash my hands because I hate sticking my fingers into any cream without washing them first! The other thing is the smell, which is great when you inhale it occasionaly but having it on my lips all the time, let alone kissing someone, it's annoying. It's too strong! The moisturizing part... well, this isn't any better or worse than other balms I've tried (yet it is considerably more expensive!). Okay, it's definitely worse than Carmex which still after many years remains my favorite lip balm. The feel on the lips is nice but I need to reapply it more often than I'd like to which is annoying. Overall, it's not a bad lip balm, don't get me wrong, but it certanly does not justify the price.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2011 11:03:00 AM More reviews by charlies04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was really hestitant to try this because of the price (35 GBP), afterall it is only lipbalm!! And in my opinion its just like eight hour cream! The pot is slightly inconvenient (have to take your time to open carefully - so not so perfect for on the go touch-ups). Just an over priced product.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2011 8:25:00 AM More reviews by blyss

Overview: If you can swallow the price tag, this will change your lips for the better! It is now a HG item if mine and I understand why it has a cult following. It is that good.

My Skin:
Since this is a lip product, I'll only mention the skin of my lips. My lips are sensitive. They react strongly to menthol and to any plumpers in a crazy rash. They do dry out easily and I have to use a balm of some sort daily and nightly.

The Good:
I've probably used over 20 balls throughout my life and very rarily would I spend 15 on a balm (let alone 50). This balm changed my mind. When you open the jar, a delicate and true to rose scent wafts out. It is strong but not cloying nag fake. After applying the balm, the scent does dissipate after a few moments. The texture is very different. Most balks that are thicker carry a strong waxy texture but not this one. Terry somehow created a very smooth and emollient balm without it being waxy, stiff, greasy, or too slick. I can only think of explaining it as a really HE pure Shea butter that has been beaten and warmed so it is still pliable and needs no massaging to be moisturizing. Oh and it is so moisturizing! I use a fraction of Rosebud salve and this balm lasts throughout the night.

The container is quite luxurious. A very heavy glass container topped with a mirror like cap.

The Bad and Ugly:
The only negative I have to say is the price. It almost seem ridiculous to pay 55 for a balm but I've been using this for a month now and I've used half what I would use from other products. So this will stretch the dollar more. I guess for others who hate roses, the scent might you off but this rose scent is lovely to me.

Would I repurchase or recommend?
Heck yah. It is a splurge but this is worth it. My lips have never smoother and it makes my lipsticks look phenomenal. I use it daily and I have barely made a dent in the pot. If you want a HG luxury item, this is a must have.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No