September 1, 2014 | 1146 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2014 10:04:00 AM More reviews by kawaiidesu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have oily and acne-prone skin. Love this product. It helps prevent breakouts and gets rid of acne. It may take awhile to see results when it comes to blackheads. After I use this, my skin is extremely soft and smooth! This product may be a bit too rough for your skin but if you gently scrub, it should be fine. Check out my other reviews! :D

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2014 4:02:00 AM More reviews by clp53

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Super harsh on my skin, please be careful with this stuff!
It's good to use once every week or two for a good exfoliant..but too rough for me to use daily. Didn't help me with breakouts. Very very cheap .. $3 Canadian . Won't repurchase.. It's okay, but I don't use it very often. Smell is average..

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 10:17:00 PM More reviews by breewee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this stuff works wonders- my face used break out very often, but now that I have this , it helps out a lot! I also use the st.ives timeless skin with it. LOVE LOVE LOVE

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2013 9:07:00 PM More reviews by michellensw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this one day and waited for a few days before I used it again just to check whether I have any bad reactions to it.

I DID.

It make my jawline break out little zits that wouldn't go away. I am lucky that I didn't use it daily after the first day! I'm horrified at the results because my jaw would not just break out without any reason. What's worse, my whole neck began to itch on the 3rd day. It's like an allergic reaction or some sort and my whole neck is red now and the stupid little zits wouldn't go away!! Time for a new exfoliator.

This product is RUBBISH.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/18/2013 7:12:00 PM More reviews by pirinja

I have sensitive, Asian, acne prone, combination skin, and this product did not work for me. It made my face look amazing for the first week or so (and I was using this about 2x a week, as recommended), but after a while, I noticed that my skin looked coarser, rougher, and drier. I thought that it was because I was scrubbing too harshly, so I tried to scrub gently. My skin would always look amazing right after use, but after a few days, it would go back to the same coarse, rough look. After about 3 months, I noticed that I would get these medium sized to large pimples under my skin after I used the cleanser. They would not surface, and they stayed under my skin for up to a week at a time. The ones that were on my cheeks (the most sensitive area of my face) and the area around my nose/under my eyes started to get irritated whenever I tried using my normal cleanser.

After I noticed the irritation and the fact that the zits were from the St. Ives product, I immediately switched to a different exfoliator, and the zits started going away. It's been about 4 months since I've stopped using St. Ives, and I can already see my skin improving. My pores look smaller, my skin is softer/more moisturized, the texture of my skin is improving, and I don't get skin irritation anymore. However, I am left with a ton of new icepick scars from the zits that I got because of the St. Ives scrub.

I had originally bought the cleanser because of the good reviews online, and because I was on a budget. After this however, I realized that you really do get what you paid for. NEVER buying anything from St. Ives ever again.

PS. Tried using it as a treatment for my back acne after deciding that I didn't want it anywhere near my face. Made my back break out in little zits. Nope, never using ever again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2013 2:02:00 PM More reviews by TeHNyboR

This was a pretty decent scrub. Made my skin pretty soft and everything. But it felt super harsh, and with all the talk about St Ives causing micro tears in the skin, I don't want to chance it, and won't be buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2013 2:19:00 AM More reviews by jessmtz18

I absolutely love this scrub. I've been using it for 3 1/2 years now, and every time I use it, it still leaves my skin as smooth as it did the very first time. I use it 3-4 times a week. It hasn't made a difference on my blackheads (I've yet to find something that truly gets rid of them), but I very, very rarely break out now. I definitely recommend this product - every lady needs to have one of these!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/4/2013 2:15:00 PM More reviews by xonicole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've heard that the beads causes little tears in your skin, yadayada. I, personally, haven't experienced any serious irritation-- maybe, because I don't scrub at my skin roughly.

PROS:
• It's budget friendly. It's less than $4, and it's worth every cent.
• It minimizes my large pores. I've noticed that my large pores are now a tad bit less noticeable.
• It being 100% natural is a really big thing for me. I have sensitive skin, so I'm very cautious of what I put on my face.
• There is a good amount of product in the tube. There is 170 g of products in the tube, I've been using this for the past month and it's barely put a dent in the tube.

CONS:
• The first time I used this I got a minor breakout. Out of nowhere, a pimple appeared on my cheek, the very next day. Instead of throwing it away, I gave it another chance. Oh how glad I am that I did!
• The beads are huge, and I prefer rounded beads. The beads can be way too rough on the skin. the beads are larger and have noticeably sharper edges than most.
• It can be extremely drying. Exfoliation can be drying, everyone knows that. After I use this, I have dry patches all over my face. No Bueno. I have to apply layers and layers of moisturizer, and my skin appears dry and flaky.

If you can deal with a uncomfortable scrub that causes super dry skin, go for it..

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2013 3:32:00 PM More reviews by annacy97

This is a pretty good product! I'm 16 years old and my skin is not too bad, I just have a few blackheads on my nose and pimples on my forehead from time to time. I use this scrub whenever I feel like it and I'm always pleased with the results! It leaves my face SUPER soft and I also really like the packaging. Some cons are that the beads are kind of tricky to wash off especially on the sides of your face. Also it doesn't do much for blackheads which I'm pretty dissapointed but it's a really good scrub!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by MezzieDhami

USE IT! LOVE IT! I've been using this same scrub every night all through my teens and still do and I swear it is the one thing that kept me from getting acne. How do I know, whenever I stopped using it for some non-scrub type of "acne-fighting" cleanser (this includes all the big shots like Neutragena, Clean and Clear and Noxema and so on!), I would break out all over again! The one thing I suggest is that you buy the big jar and be sure to use the scrub on you neck and chest as well (keeps skin even, smooth and young). Oh, and I have sensitive skin but this has NEVER bothered my skin in the least! And it doesn't test on animals. And it has natural ingredients. What's not to love??