St. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control

Price: $

Price: $

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (2%). Inactive Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Zea Mays (Corn) Kernel Meal, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetyl Alcohol, Triethanolamine, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Carbomer, Ceteareth-20, Cetyl Acetate, Polysorbate 60, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitol Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

on 2/8/2014 3:28:00 AM

Love this particular scrub from St. Ives. It works very well to exfoliate. Mix this with a cleanser for a better clean and smoother glide as the texture of this scrub may be hard to move smoothly around the face while cleansing. Good grainy texture but may be a bit harsh for those with very sensitive skin. Would definitely recommend.

on 2/2/2014 11:01:00 PM

Seriously, who hasn't used this product at some point? I love the squeeze tube for my face, and the big tub to use as a body scrub in the shower. Love love love this product! Smells good, doesn't leave skin tight or greasy, just enough grit, creamy and cleansing. Just a classic option for a good exfoliant.

This scrub is incredibly soft and light. It is not scratchy or uncomfortable when rubbing in and is very easy to clean off when done. I have had a bad experience with various facial scubs in the past where they have left my face stinging afterwards, this scrub however made my skin feel fresh and clean. Why my face was totally dry after use, the skin was super soft and had a refreshing glow to it. I highly recommend this product.

on 1/27/2014 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

Before using Neutrogena, this product worked wonders. I didn't have dry patches, had less blackheads, very less acne & and smoother skin. Up until I got to neutrogena... Yeah, my mom should really take me a dermatologist 😭😭😭

on 1/13/2014 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I don't own this product, but I used the original one a couple times before I went to school for Master Esthetics. I'll write the same review I did for that one. Unfortunately, this is a product most people have used on their face. Everyones facial skin is fragile, and delicate. The particles in this are too big and sharp for that skin. I would say MAYBE this would be ok for the feet, but that's a big maybe. This stuff can cause small cuts on your skin that can lead to infection, or even permanent damage. That's just a fact. I've even read people use this as a cleanser twice a day! When looking for an exfoliator, its best if you can actually feel it in your fingers. If you can't, you want to find something with really small scrubbers, round in diameter. Even if it's a really good exfoliator, you only want to exfoliate 2-3 a week. Over exfoliating can cause break outs, unwanted dryness, and sometimes even damage. Needless to say this is a horrible product, and shouldn't be sold anymore.

on 1/8/2014 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Deep Dark, Not Sure

I didn't get to Finnish my last review but like I was saying IM IN LOVE it's the best if you are having random break outs and ur usual stuff is not working try this

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I bought this with a friend at Walmart for just a little over $3; we were both breaking out, but new to the world of acne-fighting products. The first time I tried it on, I splashed water on my face and put the amount of product similar to how much toothpaste I put on my toothbrush. When I rubbed it onto my face, it hurt. I had to be very gentle because the crushed nutshells were sharp. My face, though, felt LIKE A BABY'S BOTTOM when I washed it off. My pimples were suddenly tiny, and basically from then, I became obsessed with it. (Like, literally. In love.)

I use this about 3 times a week at night c: Whenever I am cringing about the patch of small pimples on my face, I use this and KA-BAM they look much less noticeable. Yes, my mild acne is still present as can be, but I cannot imagine living without this trust ole thing. St. Ives, I love you.

My skin care routine (for nights where I use this product): 1. St. Ives Apricot Scrub, 2. Avon Toner Pads, 3. Clean&Clear Dual Action Moisturizer, 4. Clean&Clear Persa-Gel 5. Sometimes I don't apply acne treatment because this already has a lot of strength, if you know what I mean.

Overall, LOVE. <3

This did not clear up any blemishes, in fact, it only made my skin worse. I used this once before my skin became very oily and I had a breakout. I tried it with high hopes, but I ended up giving it to a friend who wanted to give it a chance. I was surprised because I had great experiences with other St. Ive's products, but this product was just too harsh for my skin.

on 1/7/2014 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't even remember how many tubes I've repurchased. This scrub works very well on my combination/oily skin but I can only use it when I have a "good skin" days. I can't use it when I have active acne but I also use this scrub on my back. The price is very affordable. I always keep one in my shower.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have been using this product forever and for some reason I ran out and I finally went and picked some up because with the weather being so cold my face is super dry so I thought it was time to go get more! I've never broke out from using this an all of a sudden my face became covered all over with pimples that hurt.. I thought maybe because I hadn't used it in awhile that I would have to go through the whole getting used to it again but I tried and tried making it work and I'm not sure if my skin changed or the product ingredients changed. So sad this didn't work out!