November 23, 2014 | 1963 users online

Mascara - Almay - Almay intense i-color brown topaz

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2007 12:55:00 AM More reviews by makeupdee

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I didn't think I would like this mascara, but it turned out to be surprisingly good. It fulfills my major requirement of not producing "lash droop"--my lashes stay curled up after applying. I wondered if the brown color would be dark enough with my olive skin and dark brown hair but it is. I like supporting Almay because they don't test on animals. It's not the "ultimate mascara" (I like Rimmel and Bourjois better for more dramatic results) but overall performs very well. It also doesn't smudge or flake, even after wearing all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2007 6:38:00 PM More reviews by mcgrath_987

Like what another review, the wand bristles had big spaces in between but I think that's the only thing I don't like about this mascara. It's quite creamy and it doesn't leave my lashes feeling hard and brittle unlike other mascaras I've tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2007 7:39:00 PM More reviews by belladonna10

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love the shade, usually wear Black-Brown. I have the lengthening version and it does such a good job making the lashes longer and more noticeable. There is another thickening version of this. It has a weird wand, with large spaces and this may the version that most don't like. I think this mascara is similar to the Almay Insider mascara.
Michelle

rated 1 of 5 on 2/3/2007 2:06:00 PM More reviews by Jasmine1990

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow this product was like mud it was sooooo thick it messed up the brush and when u look inside its all clumped on the bottom. nice color tho but i wont repurchase even tho i probably got an old tube

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2007 4:04:00 PM More reviews by Beautiful_But_Dorky

...I think I subconsciously try to punish myself with Almay products because even after practically everything I try of theirs fails miserably, I just keep going back for more. I had high hopes for this mascara, though, since the one Almay product that I've liked was the intense i-color liner (in a smooth, bronze color). I assumed that "brown topaz" would be along those same lines, but found out instead that it's actually a muddy brown color. That was my first disappointment. My second disappointment was that this did absolutely nothing to thicken or smooth the lashes. In addition, the brush tip is very stiff and knobby, making it difficult for me to apply properly. ...Overall, the mascara just kinda sat there on the lashes and even managed to make them look thin and spindly. I'm bummed this didn't work, but I think it's what I needed to finally break away from Almay completely.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2006 5:33:00 PM More reviews by minxgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Almay should have named this product 'False Advertizing In a Tube'-really! I have steel blue-grey eyes and this color did absolutely NOTHING to bring out my eye color. This mascara actually looked black on me & I DESPISE black mascara!! If that weren't enough, this crap-in-a-tube flaked like crazy & my lashes felt like I was putting rubber cement on them instead of mascara! Shame on me for straying from my beloved Merle Norman Creamy Flo mascara in 'Night Navy'!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2006 3:54:00 AM More reviews by saltwaterdreaming

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

What a find after spending $$$ on lancome mascaras over the years this is not only the perfect color for blue eyes but the formula is brilliant. The result is perfect lashes that washes off with just soap and water but stays on all day no smudges or flakes.Very impressed!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2006 10:42:00 AM More reviews by honeystix

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the perfect color to wear for blue eyes. I had no problems with the quality of the mascara or the wand. This is simply the best brown mascara I have found and I will continue to re-purcase.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2006 12:31:00 PM More reviews by wilmyk8s

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I must have got a bad/old tube, looking at all the positive reviews. I got mine yesterday & haven't even tried to apply it yet because the mascara looked so dry & clumpy on the brush when I opened it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2006 5:04:00 PM More reviews by alison_wonderland

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite DS brown mascara for sure... I have brown eyes and I find that it brightens them up; the whites look whiter when I wear it. It doesn't volumize very much, which is why I didn't give it a 5 (I have long, thin lashes), but I would definitely buy this over and over again as a nice, basic, every day kind of mascara. I really like Almay mascaras -- they're my favourite DS (non-animal testing) mascaras, and this is one of my faves.