October 24, 2014 | 1767 users online

Scrubs - Origins - Modern Friction

rated 2 of 5 on 5/8/2012 3:33:00 PM More reviews by rach90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This worked for me the first few times, then it just irritated my skin even though I was only using it once a week. It just left my skin feeling sensitive.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2012 7:36:00 AM More reviews by findochtywifie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love it! i have had premium brand exfoliators before that were so runny, it ended up mainly on my forearms. Modern Friction is thick and sticky and goes EXACTLY where I want it to, and stays there. I put it on dry skin then put a little water on my fingertips to massage the particles over my face. Am now on my third purchase. It's a must for me!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2012 2:26:00 PM More reviews by Reviewsonly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Will not repurchase. I decided to give it a try even though it was really expensive. It didn't scrub too well, and it stung the hell out of my eyes - which, if something is a facial scrub, it's going to be hard to keep away from your eyes. I used the rest of it as a body scrub, away from my face, just to use it up. Very disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2012 6:57:00 AM More reviews by Sabsumaiya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

It seriously feels like a scrub, but it does make my skin smooth, and I like the feeling. I buy it for a somewhat reasonable price online, so I will continue to buy it.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2012 2:08:00 AM More reviews by miffy03

I hate this stuff. When I put it on, it burns my face like crazy.and when I tried to wash it off, it irritates my eyes like crazy.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2012 5:02:00 PM More reviews by Wood_stock

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It just doesn't get 5 lips from me because of the ingredient Sodium Laureth Sulfate, which cloggs the pores, but it is the best face scrub that i've ever had.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2012 8:51:00 AM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this as part of Christmas set and have to say, its not the normal scrub you are used to. Its very creamy, with soft scrubby bits that feel like soaked oatmeal. The first time, I used it on wet face and it just didn't work with too much water because the product gets too watered down. It works better on damp skin. It smells very natural, of various grains... really nice. Its not really foamy, comes out of the tube very thick, is very mild so can be used every alternate days.

The only con is that it stinks my eyes so bad! Everytime i use it, i'll be afraid it gets into my eyes because it really hurts when it does. And most of the time it gets into my eyes, even though i squeeze my eyes shut everytime.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2012 6:52:00 AM More reviews by repercussionist

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I try to stick to regular cleansers for daily use and dedicated scrubs for weekly or bi-weekly use (as opposed to a scrubbing cleanser). It seems like it's pretty difficult, at least for me, to find dedicated scrubs, so when I found this one, I bought it.

I didn't care much for it. It was EXTREMELY thick, like old, half-dried Elmer's glue. When I was trying to spread the thickness around, the super large exfoliating grains were really rough on my skin. The whole experience was rather painful. Things loosened up and spread around when a little water was added.

But be careful! Too much water and the stuff will run into your eye, which is mega painful. Talk about burn!

The thickness of the product made use difficult. It seemed like every time I used it, the process was a giant pain. Too thick, painful, and no matter what, the stuff always got into my eyes at some point.

While my skin did feel nice afterwards, I've used better scrubs, like the Body Shop's Seaweed Pore-Cleansing Facial Exfoliator. Add to this the steep price, and I would advise looking elsewhere for an exfoliator.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2012 2:24:00 PM More reviews by TruffulaTree

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a sample of this when I bought an Origins face wash - Checks and Balances (which btw, I'm not all that thrilled with - kind of dries out my face. I use it for removing makeup and then wash with something more gentle afterwards to remove any residue) but only because the lady messed something up and I had to go back. Origins is stingy with their samples, for sure, and for the prices you pay, you should be getting boatloads of freebies. Anyway, the first few times I used this scrub, it was fine - made my face soft (I never used it on dry skin because the one time I tried, it hurt, so I always dampened my skin a bit first) and smooth. But then I used it a few weeks ago and something went hugely wrong - I reacted to it really badly, and am still reacting four weeks later. It started to sting on my face while I had it on and my facial skin, which is not normally particularly sensitive, went red after I rinsed it off, and now I'm peeling around my eyes (I didn't put in on my eye area, must have got some there when I rinsed). In turn, I have been sensitized to all my other products. I'm not sure what went wrong. I'm trying to get this redness and peeling under control. I think, unfortunately, that Origins and I just don't click. I'm in the process of moving over to Chagrin Valley for gentle, natural products at a better price.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2012 12:53:00 AM More reviews by merrysunny77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really enjoy this.

I am a big fan of Origins skincare and have many of their products. I got a deluxe (really big size) sample of this last year when I bought my Vitazing and I used it very sparingly and there is still some left.

I find that it really scrubs my skin ( even with all my chemical exfoliation and items I use..I still love a good scrub) w/out overdrying or being harsh. I actually like that they have changed it to be a bit creamier and in a tube. I can see how if you liked the grittier texture before then the new one might not feel as good. I like it b/c the old version would have been too harsh for me to use with all the other stuff in my rotation.

Overpriced for what is is - but I find that if you are good about using what you need (pea sized amount) Origins products last forever