January 29, 2015 | 1062 users online

Scrubs - Origins - Modern Friction

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2012 7:38:00 PM More reviews by medicmommy

Very gentle on my sensitive skin. Smells great, and really works!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2012 8:43:00 AM More reviews by itsjustjess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

OK so, holy shit this is awesome!!! I can see how it could get bad reviews for those folks with sensitive skin or acne skin. As the way it works on the face you can kinda feel your skin being pummeled off!

Def go to the store and just test it on your hand, wash it off! You wont be able to stop touching that spot all day - so freaking soft.

It's basically like getting rid of all the tired dead skin cells on your face and revealing a new one! I think this works best if you dont do it too often - twice a week max! And i really enjoy using this product in summer - it creates such a healthy glow.

I would suggest not doing this the same day if you have an event, but maybe 1-2 days before as it can leave your face a bit flushed for a couple of hours after, but the next day results are worth it.

My face looks so good and fresh and alive! There's no real smell, i guess its kind of gluey with little beads inside? The skin really loves to be moisturised after using this, it just soaks whichever cream you use after that right up.

Have purchased this product two times. The first time it was in a jar - I loved it but the jar sucked and the whole thing dried out. Really excited that they have now changed it to a tube circa 2012! I'm an origins/mario badescu/korres girl, and the packaging is quite cute, goes with my other products.

The only lame thing about this product is the price. Oh I wish it were a bit cheaper! But it lasts so long.

Please test this and you won't be able to refuse having it!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/8/2012 3:33:00 PM More reviews by rach90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This worked for me the first few times, then it just irritated my skin even though I was only using it once a week. It just left my skin feeling sensitive.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2012 7:36:00 AM More reviews by findochtywifie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love it! i have had premium brand exfoliators before that were so runny, it ended up mainly on my forearms. Modern Friction is thick and sticky and goes EXACTLY where I want it to, and stays there. I put it on dry skin then put a little water on my fingertips to massage the particles over my face. Am now on my third purchase. It's a must for me!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2012 2:26:00 PM More reviews by Reviewsonly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Will not repurchase. I decided to give it a try even though it was really expensive. It didn't scrub too well, and it stung the hell out of my eyes - which, if something is a facial scrub, it's going to be hard to keep away from your eyes. I used the rest of it as a body scrub, away from my face, just to use it up. Very disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2012 6:57:00 AM More reviews by Sabsumaiya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

It seriously feels like a scrub, but it does make my skin smooth, and I like the feeling. I buy it for a somewhat reasonable price online, so I will continue to buy it.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2012 2:08:00 AM More reviews by miffy03

I hate this stuff. When I put it on, it burns my face like crazy.and when I tried to wash it off, it irritates my eyes like crazy.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2012 5:02:00 PM More reviews by Wood_stock

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It just doesn't get 5 lips from me because of the ingredient Sodium Laureth Sulfate, which cloggs the pores, but it is the best face scrub that i've ever had.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2012 8:51:00 AM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this as part of Christmas set and have to say, its not the normal scrub you are used to. Its very creamy, with soft scrubby bits that feel like soaked oatmeal. The first time, I used it on wet face and it just didn't work with too much water because the product gets too watered down. It works better on damp skin. It smells very natural, of various grains... really nice. Its not really foamy, comes out of the tube very thick, is very mild so can be used every alternate days.

The only con is that it stinks my eyes so bad! Everytime i use it, i'll be afraid it gets into my eyes because it really hurts when it does. And most of the time it gets into my eyes, even though i squeeze my eyes shut everytime.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2012 6:52:00 AM More reviews by repercussionist

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I try to stick to regular cleansers for daily use and dedicated scrubs for weekly or bi-weekly use (as opposed to a scrubbing cleanser). It seems like it's pretty difficult, at least for me, to find dedicated scrubs, so when I found this one, I bought it.

I didn't care much for it. It was EXTREMELY thick, like old, half-dried Elmer's glue. When I was trying to spread the thickness around, the super large exfoliating grains were really rough on my skin. The whole experience was rather painful. Things loosened up and spread around when a little water was added.

But be careful! Too much water and the stuff will run into your eye, which is mega painful. Talk about burn!

The thickness of the product made use difficult. It seemed like every time I used it, the process was a giant pain. Too thick, painful, and no matter what, the stuff always got into my eyes at some point.

While my skin did feel nice afterwards, I've used better scrubs, like the Body Shop's Seaweed Pore-Cleansing Facial Exfoliator. Add to this the steep price, and I would advise looking elsewhere for an exfoliator.