Origins Modern Friction

3.8

Aqueous infusion; rosa damascena (rose) flower; oryza sativa (rice) starch; sodium laureth sulfate; glycerin; cocamide mea; flycol disterate; acylates copolymer; pentylene flycol; polysorbate 20; essential oils (olea); citrus aurantium bergamia (bergamot); citrus limon (lemon); cucumis sativus (cucumber); cinnamomum camphora (shiu); litsea cubeba; citrus aurantium (petitgrain); ocimum basilicum (basil); citral; linalool; benzyl salicylate; limonene and mentha piperita (peppermint), aloe barbadensis (aloe) leaf juice; scutellaria baicalensis; pyrus malus (apple) fruit extract; cucumis sativa (cucumber) fruit extract; textrahexyldecyl (vitamin C) ascorbate; butylene glycol; hexylene glycol; sodium cocate; caprylyl glycol; sodium sulfate; hydroxypropyl methylcellulose; sodium chloride; laureth-2; tetradibutyl pentaerithityl hydroxyhydrocinnamate; edta; disodium edta; trisodium hedta; methylchlorosothiazolinone; methylisothiazolinone; sodium benzoate; penoxyethanaol; titanium dioxide (ci 7789).

on 7/3/2012 8:36:00 PM

I have rosacea/ very sensitive skin. I LOVE THIS PRODUCT. It's the only real exfoliator I can actually use that doesn't leave me glowing read. I'm a white girl with pale skin and redness, and if it works for me, trust me it should work for everyone. Leaves skin nice and soft. I ADORE this product. Worth it.

on 5/16/2012 8:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Best face scrub ever for me! I have normal/combination skin which very rarely breaks out and i love using this once a week. Ive run out of this once, a 50 ml trial size which lasted me a long time, and was hesitant to repurchase as it is quite expensive and my skin seemed fine anyway but after a couple months i noticed my skin starting to look less healthy so ive bought some more.
Like a previous reviewer mentioned the scrub has a consistency similar to a thick glue with sand in it. I use it as directed, applying on dry skin massaging with my fingers for a bit and then adding some water and massaging it some more before washing off carefully avoiding my eyes (cause it stings really bad).
When i use it feels very harsh on my skin and stings a bit making my face feel very raw (so i think it will be even worse for people with sensitive skin) but right after i wash it away i use a very heavy moisturizing mask (Lush - Oatifix) and i just feel my skin soak in all the moisture and after i wash that off i use a moisturizer (Lush - Gorgeous) and my skin feels amazingly soft without any dry or oily patches and has a healthy glow. I didnt notice my face being red/irritated after using this. What i love about this product is that i can feel it working, scrubbing off all the dry flakey skin and getting rid of all the oil making my skin clear and fresh.
Ive tried using another, less pricey face scrub (Lush - Ocean Salt) but it felt even more harsh on my skin and the results weren't as good so ill just stick to using this one especially as even though its expensive you only need a small amount so a full size package lasts me more than a year. The tube packaging is nice. Its hygienic and easy to use in the shower.

on 5/12/2012 7:38:00 PM

Very gentle on my sensitive skin. Smells great, and really works!!

on 5/10/2012 8:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

OK so, holy shit this is awesome!!! I can see how it could get bad reviews for those folks with sensitive skin or acne skin. As the way it works on the face you can kinda feel your skin being pummeled off!

Def go to the store and just test it on your hand, wash it off! You wont be able to stop touching that spot all day - so freaking soft.

It's basically like getting rid of all the tired dead skin cells on your face and revealing a new one! I think this works best if you dont do it too often - twice a week max! And i really enjoy using this product in summer - it creates such a healthy glow.

I would suggest not doing this the same day if you have an event, but maybe 1-2 days before as it can leave your face a bit flushed for a couple of hours after, but the next day results are worth it.

My face looks so good and fresh and alive! There's no real smell, i guess its kind of gluey with little beads inside? The skin really loves to be moisturised after using this, it just soaks whichever cream you use after that right up.

Have purchased this product two times. The first time it was in a jar - I loved it but the jar sucked and the whole thing dried out. Really excited that they have now changed it to a tube circa 2012! I'm an origins/mario badescu/korres girl, and the packaging is quite cute, goes with my other products.

The only lame thing about this product is the price. Oh I wish it were a bit cheaper! But it lasts so long.

Please test this and you won't be able to refuse having it!

on 5/8/2012 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This worked for me the first few times, then it just irritated my skin even though I was only using it once a week. It just left my skin feeling sensitive.

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I love it! i have had premium brand exfoliators before that were so runny, it ended up mainly on my forearms. Modern Friction is thick and sticky and goes EXACTLY where I want it to, and stays there. I put it on dry skin then put a little water on my fingertips to massage the particles over my face. Am now on my third purchase. It's a must for me!

on 5/1/2012 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Will not repurchase. I decided to give it a try even though it was really expensive. It didn't scrub too well, and it stung the hell out of my eyes - which, if something is a facial scrub, it's going to be hard to keep away from your eyes. I used the rest of it as a body scrub, away from my face, just to use it up. Very disappointed.

on 4/27/2012 6:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

It seriously feels like a scrub, but it does make my skin smooth, and I like the feeling. I buy it for a somewhat reasonable price online, so I will continue to buy it.

on 4/27/2012 2:08:00 AM

I hate this stuff. When I put it on, it burns my face like crazy.and when I tried to wash it off, it irritates my eyes like crazy.

on 4/9/2012 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

It just doesn't get 5 lips from me because of the ingredient Sodium Laureth Sulfate, which cloggs the pores, but it is the best face scrub that i've ever had.