Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner

4.3

BOBBI BROWN LONG-WEAR GEL EYELINER INGREDIENTS (2010): isododecane - cyclopentasiloxane - polyethylene - trimethylsiloxysilicate - disteardimonium hectorite - propylene carbonate - lecithin - phenyl trimethicone - hydrogenated polyisobutene - methicone - barium sulfate - bht - phenoxyethanol [ /- iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499) - mica - titanium dioxide (ci 77891) - blue 1 lake (ci 42090) - carmine (ci 75470) - chromium oxide greens (ci 77288) - manganese violet (ci 77742) - yellow 5 lake (ci 19140) - chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289) - bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163) - ultramarines (ci 77007) - ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)]

on 6/9/2014 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

THE BEST
Every other eyeliner I have ever tried (a lot) do not hold a candle to this product. It's easy to apply with a thin slanted brush, and it stays all day. It does not move -- no transfer to the crease. HG status for sure.

on 6/6/2014 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I have combination skin but my skin gets extra oily when I am at work and sit in front of a computer for 95% of the day. Towards the mid to the end of the day, i find the gel liner doesn't stay put and smudges around my eyes making me look like a panda, a line also forms on my eyelids from the oil. However, on non work days i find the eyeliner works much better and actually stays on for most of the day. Therefore, i think this product is not really suitable for people with oily skin. I like how it gives a nice, thick, distinct black look when applied, works very well for drawing cat eyes and a little gel goes a long way. Despite not having the best experience with this product at work, i purchased another tub recently as it still works amazing other times and the old tub was running out and getting drier. I might try MAC after this one runs out.

on 6/5/2014 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Mine is fairly new so it's a review for the new formula. Because I've never used the old one, no comparison here.

In a nutshell, this is a disappointment. It doesn't last even with primer underneath. Since it's quite pricey, I force myself to finish it, but of course I can't bear to be spotted on the outside with patchy eyeliner, so I top it off with an extra liquid liner to seal off. Hence the process is like a regime on its own: primer, BB gel liner, liquid liner.

If you have dry/normal/combo skin, then this *might* last longer.

Going back to MAC gel liner after this. Tips: always keep them upside down. This will let the moisturizing properties of the gel liner to spread to the surface, hence slowing down the drying process of the pot. If you already have this and it's getting as dry as Sahara, try this trick. If it isn't helping, put a drop of Visine or whatever brand of eye drops you have then stir.

on 6/1/2014 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I Love this eyeliner but I'm not too enthusiastic about the price! This stuff works and stays all day!!! So (sigh!) I think that it is worth the price, I have had this eyeliner for about 6 months now and it is still going strong. It has long staying power for me and best of all the color stays true all day :) BTW I do not have oily lids so I can't really comment if you have oily skin, but I think combination and dry dry skin should do well with this eyeliner.

on 5/24/2014 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have tried many gel liners,but this one i constantly return to.It's a beautiful intense black and has,for me personally, the best consistancy,creamy yet thick,which i prefer.Lasts all day,doesn't irritate my eyes and it's real easy to remove with makeup remover.It is my number one make up product

on 5/11/2014 2:12:00 PM

I have a love hate relationship with this product. I've purchased it a number of times (currently have Mahogany Ink 21.) When new, the product gives a beautiful result. However as time passes, the textures always thickens and/or dries up on me and the result never looks quite as good. I honestly don't think I will repurchase this one at retail. I never seem to use up the product before the formula degrades. It comes in a lovely glass pot that is not a good choice for travel given the weight. There are so many other eyelining products on the market today that are a better value and are less of a hassle to deal with. I've been told storing the pot upside down helps but for me the product just isn't worth all the effort given the relatively high price and the many alternatives on the maarket. BTW I've heard Bobbi say this liner was inspired by her habit of using mascara with a liner brush in a pinch. More often than not I leave this product at home and throw the brush in my mu kit along with my mascara. Works well in a pinch for a similar result.

on 5/8/2014 7:30:00 PM

The best gel eyeliner for me so far! Happy to find a 2in1 pack in Duty Free (brown and black travel pack). It glides perfectly, doesn't run and stays on the whole day. Comes with a good eyeliner brush too. It's easy to correct and clean when you make a mistake but once it settles then stays put. Always close the lid of the jar or turn it upside down when you use it so you don't expose it to air and dry the product.

on 5/4/2014 2:52:00 AM

Bobbi Brown's Gel Eyeliner in Black is my absolute favourite product!!!! I was using a different well known brand of gel eyeliner prior to this one and was happy with it but after a few months, its longevity began to fade so I decided to give this a go. I have been using this particular product for almost 5 months now and can safely say I would buy it again and again.
It is super easy to apply. I use my Shu Uemura retractable eyeliner brush and apply this product across the upper lash line. It takes only a matter of seconds to set and doesn't smudge. I find that even after a whole days wear, my eyeliner is still in place with hardly any smudges. It is slightly higher in price than some other brands but to be honest, you get what you pay for. I LOVE this gel eyeliner!!! Bobbi Brown ... I salute you!

on 4/26/2014 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is the only eyeliner that stays put on my oily eyelids! It is very pigmented & surprisingly easy to apply. It is very expensive but well worth it. I repurchase this over and over again.

on 4/17/2014 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have this gel liner in Black in and I love it. I have oily lids and this stays put all day. I only wear it for special occasions and holidays, so I have yet to find out if it’s actually water-resistant. I use this with Bobbi Brown Ultra-Fine Eye Liner Brush and I can apply as thick or thin a line that I want. I had never used gel liner before and found the brush and gel very easy to use. A little goes a long way. I have had my little jar for over two years and have used less than a quarter of it. I was worried it was going to dry out, and while a crack did develop in the gel, it still applies like new. It is pigment rich, so one swipe shows up black, not gray like other brands can. I have no idea how long it will take me to use this up, and I wouldn’t be surprised if in another year or so the jar did dry up. When my current jar is used up, I would buy this again.