September 22, 2014 | 1215 users online

Hair Treatments - Biosilk - Silk Therapy

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2013 10:53:00 AM More reviews by kellybaybee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've used this stuff for years!! it makes my hair silky and smooth very well considering I have Colorado hair. It's pricey yes but I give it a good 4 because I don't like the cap.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by SassyCappy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I love this serum! It makes my hair so silky-smooth. And the smell! A big smile forms on my face whenever I get a whiff of it mid-day, because I'm reminded that my hair looks and smells great. The only downside to it is that I have thick hair, so a "dime size" amount just doesn't cut it for me, and if I use too much, the silky-smoothness turns to dirty-greasiness. I'm like Goldilocks - I need to find a specific amount of Biosilk Silk Therapy that's just right for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2013 6:49:00 PM More reviews by Highdee25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok, I used to SWEAR by this product! And I probably still would if I had not found what I use now (Agadir Argan oil spray treatment...best thing everrrrr) this serum is pretty amazing, however. I was using it for about 6+ years. It helps with frizziness, leaves hair soft and silky, helps brush through tangled hair, and it's just an overall good product. The only downside to this serum is that it does tend to be on the "thicker side" so you are more prone to being left with "oily" looking hair if you do not style the product out enough. I did find myself having to go over my hair more often with the straightening iron to get rid of the oily feeling in my hair (seriously, a lil bit of product goes a looong way).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2013 6:51:00 PM More reviews by kiki94x

My favourite hair serum. Doesn't make your hair greasy or oliy (because it's silicon-based), puts down frizz and also works great when you use it pre-straightening, with your heat protector (I use L'anze smoother straightening balm). The scent is great, I use it every day, multiple times a day and I still can't get enough of the scent.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/29/2013 5:30:00 PM More reviews by zeaxkr

Pro - For me none.

Con - Bad Smell, Acne prone, make my hair feel heavy & icky

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2013 11:46:00 PM More reviews by bubblewarped

I am super late on this one, but wow, instant love! My hair is armpit length and virgin, but paradoxically both thick/coarse (I'm Asian) but fragile and damage-prone. I haven't tried every hair serum out there but the ones I have were either pointless, forgettable or downright icky -- granted, this is the first "salon-quality" serum I've splurged on (even then, I just got the small travel bottle to test-drive) but I was blown away by how my typically dry, damaged ends became silky and touchable within about 0.5 seconds of applying... like I just walked out of the salon. I use volumizing sprays that can be a bit drying, so after styling, I rub a bit of the serum (dime size) onto my palms and smooth over the bottom 2/3 of my hair. Then I smooth the rest over my crown to tame the frizz. I don't need more than that and it immediately sinks in, leaving my hair sufficiently moisturized, manageable and softer than I thought was possible at this point, sans greasiness and without weighing my locks down -- important because I don't have the densest of hair, and I *hate* having sticky hands after touching my hair. I also used to have a big problem with my hair tangling underneath hoodies and jacket collars, but no longer! And brushing is no longer a practice in masochism! The scent, while not unpleasant (to me), is a little strong and does lingers a bit. While expensive, I definitely will be repurchasing when I run out of the travel size!

EDIT: It started giving me back acne -- HUGE deal breaker. Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2013 2:12:00 PM More reviews by Jellybean813

Amazing product! Great for thick hair especially in humidity. Makes my hair soft, manageable, smooth and not greasy at all! Definitely overpriced in salons but if you go to Costco it is a great deal. Huge bottle 12oz for $25. Will last wayyy over a year. I live in Florida and it makes a huge difference!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2013 5:18:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

I tried this and applied it to the ends of my hair.... Unfortunately when my long hair touched the skin around my neck and face when the wind blew - the product made my face itch. I had an allergic reaction to this product. I broke out in tiny bumps around my collar bone, neck and cheeks. I gave my product away. Too bad... It smelled nice too.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2013 3:20:00 AM More reviews by Karinnne

I dye my hair a lot and have damaged hair, my hair without this is dry! This does wonders, I have been using it for years. A little pricey

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2013 1:03:00 AM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Tried this when I really needed it as one of the other reviewers wrote. It worked great as hair therapy when I needed it a lot.

My hair was damaged from too much frying from hair products, straighteners, curlers and this helped "revive" my hair a bit.

It is expensive but I will try again in the future forsure.