MAC Mineralize Skinfinish - So Ceylon ] [DISCONTINUED]

4.6

on 3/6/2009 12:10:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I have lusted over So Ceylon since it came out LE from a summer collection MAC had a few years back. I missed out on then and was determined I would get it when it came out last year. I was so thankful MAC repromoted this gorgeous, must have MSF. So Ceylon is the MSF I reach for the most. It gives the most gorogeous, natural glow imaginable! In the pan, my So Ceylon looks like a gorgeous rose/bronze with some shimmery veining, but the shimmer isn't overkill. I'm currently an NW20 and this isn't overpowering at all and I know it will look great once I get darker during the summer.
I also like to use it as eyeshadow too, if I'm in a hurry and it gives a gorgeous glow to my lids. I've never used this as an all over face bronzer, but mostly on my cheeks and a dab on my forehead to make the glow more believable. If this is still available online or at my local MAC counter, I will definitely scoop up another one.

on 3/5/2009 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

So Ceylon is soo pretty! I have nc25-nc30 yellow toned asian skin and this gives me a pretty flush while still giving me a tan you spent the day in the sun sunkissed type look. I had been planning on buying this, but just never got around to it. So the other day when I was at Nordstroms I was digging around in the pile of msfs and came across so ceylon amongst all the gold deposits, knew that it was fate saying I should buy it and its fate was sealed lol. Definitely glad that I picked this up as it looks good in the winter and I'm sure it will look amazing once I'm tan. Will buy again if I run out or they repromote.

on 2/24/2009 9:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I gave up on MSFs some time ago, because I decided wearing sparkles on my face was probably not the way to go for someone my age. Most MAC MSFs are light & frosty and make good cheekbone highlighters... but again, not for me.

Enter, So Ceylon...

I've seen good reviews on this, and when I saw it on a MAC counter a few months back, I swatched it, then passed. I didn't think I would get much use out of it and didn't want to pay $27 bucks for it.

Well, I finally got the opportunity to visit a CCO, because I've been hearing about CCOs for so many years here on MUA... but there weren't any located in my area! :o(
Technically, there still aren't, but one did just open about 50 miles away at a new outlet mall, and I wanted to check out the outlet stores... so it was worth the trip!

But, I digress! So Ceylon was available for $17.50 at the CCO, and I thought, "Here's my opportunity." I tried it, LOVE it, and would definitely buy it again if I were ever to use it up! This is not like my other, light, frosty MSFs. So Ceylon- while it does have *some* shimmer- is very wearable on me (NW20) as a blush/bronzer, and I think it is the best bronzer I have ever tried to date. This gives me a healthy, natural glow without being muddy or orange on my complexion. I would caution anyone with large pores, though, to use a good primer under this; or the pores will pick up the shine and make them look more visible. I used Tarte Clean Slate primer, then my foundation (Studio Fix Fluid), then a dusting of LM Translucent Loose Powder, then I dusted So Ceylon over my cheekbones. Perfect! This is the one MSF I will definitely be using a lot!

on 2/16/2009 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

this is great for a sublte everday blush also work great as a bronzer glad i got this the 2nd time around.

on 2/6/2009 10:31:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

This is a really nice bronzer for me, I am pasty pale and this is dark, but not so dark that I look weird. It has really pretty rosey tones to it and shimmer. I got one with very little glittery veining so that is really nice, mine is more rose-pink based as well so it doesn't look orange on my skin. All in all this is super pretty, you might still be able to get it on MAC's website, it is kinda on and off on there. Oh, and MAC raised the price of MSF's to $27! Ahhh!!!! Nooo!!!!! :(

on 1/28/2009 3:11:00 PM

Love this! It's so natural looking. It has just the right amount of shimmer and gives you a natural tanned/bronzy look :]

on 1/22/2009 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Love it!

on 1/11/2009 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I only bought this because everyone else on here thought it was cute. I personally had no clue if it would look nice on me, but I bought it anyways. When I got home to try it, my jaw dropped, this was so beautiful on my NC35-40 skin! It just gave this natural glow. It is also long lasting!

on 1/7/2009 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This easily became another favorite MSF of mine. I was a bit hesitant to try it out at first regardless of the great reviews because it seemed way too dark in the pan, but it's gorgeous on my NC30 skin. It's a dark, rosy color with a pinch of a bronzing affect, which isn't too dark but visibly pretty : P This is the only MSF I use as a blush - it's pigmented & stays on long without a base. Don't let the color in the pan fool you! This MSF is definitely worth it! I've betrayed all my other blushes for this because I now use this on a daily basis, ahah : )

on 1/5/2009 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I was skeptic at first cos it looked too dark for me on the stand but because I love MSF's so much I bought it anyways. It's georgous!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I use this with my 187 as a blush and it adds a sunkissed glow to my face. It goes so well with a nice neutral or warm coloured lipstick/gloss.

I had to go back to swap one with more veining though cos I think the veining would give a nice shimmer affect to the overall finish. Another thumbs up for MAC.

Popular Bronzers