September 19, 2014 | 993 users online

Concealers - Lancome - Effacernes

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2013 4:38:00 AM More reviews by ultrasensitive888

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this product in light bisque to cover a dark age spot on my face. This formulation is creamy, pigmented with medium coverage requiring a small amount for this application in combination with Lancome Dual Finish powder foundation to set this concealer. I use a wedge sponge to apply / cover and then blend out with my fingers and it covers like skin since this color is a good match for me. It goes on smooth, not cakey and is buildable. But after a couple of hours, it does slightly fade and a shadow of the age spot is visible. I have tried other high end concealers but this one seems most natural and works best for me. It is expensive but I usually time my purchase during gift with purchase event. It is worth a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2013 8:41:00 PM More reviews by breeolvera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use this concealer in two ways:
1. Under foundation to conceal redness or pimples.
2. On top of foundation too highlight under eyes and cheek bones.
Coverage is medium.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2013 5:13:00 PM More reviews by blondbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been seceretly pining over this for years finnaly managed to try this in 01 beige pastel I thought it pull to dark on me either be to pink or to orange but this was a perfect match for my nc10/15 porcelaine skin it comes in a tube which I find is better then a click pen its more Hygienic and atleast you can tell better when its about to run out ( I hate that) the coverage is medium to full and it covers my blue and purple cirlces with ease this is offiicially my hg concealer I love this..

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 5:06:00 AM More reviews by Nohinsara

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

In my opinion, the best under eye concealer on the market. Can be used to conceal just about anything and lasts all day. It's expensive, but a little bit goes a very long way.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2013 1:41:00 PM More reviews by MBROOKS425

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really don't get what the rave is about this concealer. I was looking for a great under eye concealer and after reading all the amazing reviews on this product, decided to try it out. I had to try two different colors- Medium Bisque, which was a little too light and made my under eye area just look gray-ish, and then Dore, which was darker and covered a bit better. But in the end, it was just average coverage. It is thick, so it does have decent staying power, but doesnt seem to cover all that well. Mac Prolong concealer works better. I will probably exchange, or use it and not re-purchase. The search continues.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2013 2:05:00 AM More reviews by jjmacdon

this is the best undereye concealer I have ever tried. It doesn't settle into fine lines, stays put all day, and gets rid of my undereye circles. It isn't a highlighter like some undereye products, but I don't want to highlight my bags anyway! This effectively conceals them to a matte finish so I look awake and rested. A little goes a long way, so it's worth the price tag. I think the tube might even last me all year!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2013 12:47:00 PM More reviews by Colorlicious

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been struggling with my dark circles since I was a baby. My mom also has them and I got to the conclusion that nothing will ever erase them completely. I wasn't expecting for miracles, but this product really helped me. It evens the skin and it hides my dark blue shades very well.
I bought the 02 shade first, as they advised me, and it was way too dark on my skin. I looked even worse. I was dissapoined and I didn't want to try it again. However, I gave it another try this year and bought the right shade, 01 (the lightest one) and it's great! I look much younger and healthier! So my advice is to try some samples and see which one is your shade before purchasing it.
Now, if you have those hooded dark circles like I do, don't expect for it to fill in those holes, because nothing does that except for surgery. However, it helps a lot and it will take some years off your face. What works for me is capturing as much light as possible: a glowy foundation, a highlighter and this concealer - applied strictly on the blue shades with a small brush. My eyes look amazing if I do that. No sign of dark circles anymore.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2013 8:13:00 PM More reviews by Xxkonixx

i do not have very dark dark eye circle, i only want a concealer that won't dry my skin and give me some coverage and brightness to make me look more awake.........and this does the job and it does it very well........it has a very smooth affect......it's almost liked it smoothes itself out when you blend it in.........and love the tube package which will let me sqeeze out just tiny tiny bit which is really all i need....i can see myself using the same tube for at least 6 months before running out which makes it alot cheaper than most of the higher end concealer out there (dior, muf etc)!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2013 4:47:00 PM More reviews by gmstrack

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

About me: Dry/combination, acne prone skin; very pale (natural redhead). I have pinky skin with red patches and dark purple circles under my eyes, but the back of my hands and neck have a touch of golden tone.

I have been using Lancome Effacernes in ivoire for a few weeks and IMO, this is one of the best concealers out there. This is a medium coverage concealer with a matte finish, which means that if you are looking for a reflective concealer, then this product might be a disappointment. Here are two things that make this concealer is an excellent product: 1) It's waterproof; it's not going anywhere and lasts all day. 2) Several shades are available. I'm still hunting for my ultimate concealer and that is because I'm having difficulty matching my skin tone. However, even though this concealer looks yellow on my skin, on my "good skin" days, I can apply this to my under-eye circles and red patches and wear nothing else except for moisturizer and mascara (and maybe a touch of powder if I'm heavy handed with the sunscreen). That is a huge plus in my book!

As for the price, the amount in the tube is generous and I'm sure it will last for at least a year.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2013 11:17:00 AM More reviews by pseudokool

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't know why I purchased this. I think it was the "Its-great-for-undereye-circles" thing. This stuff definitely didn't work for me. I have the Medium Beige, and although the color is OK, the lasting power lasts for about 1 hour, and coverage is nil on me. I have the ugly bruise type circles underneath my eyes, (thanks heredity) and so although I sleep 7+ hours, eat clean, exercise, and all that, my eyes look like I have been punched. I seriously need a heavy duty concealer. This one is a runny liquid, and it does nothing to cover my eyes. I do find that it is a little drying, and it makes the skin look crepe-y. Ick. The tube is fine, I don't think there is waste, but this is something that just does not work for me. I think if you have the brown undereye circles, then it would be fine. But for other gals that look like they have purple circles, stay away.