December 21, 2014 | 1380 users online

Concealers - Lancome - Effacernes

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2013 8:15:00 AM More reviews by larabk

The absolute BEST concealer I've ever used! I don't wear full foundation, only concealer on the spots I need, so it's important that the concealer I use really works. It doesn't take much product to cover up any blemish or hyper-pigmentation.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2013 5:32:00 PM More reviews by fannyfan

PROS:
- Smooth, liquid consistency
- Non-drying when used over moisturizer
- Virtually invisible on skin (only a small amount is needed)
- Lasts 12+ hours with no primer or powder
- Good coverage for light to medium dark circles
- Brightens eye area without accentuating bags
- Also works on spots, around the nose, etc.
- Tube lasts 8-12+ months with daily use

CONS:
- Camouflages but does not completely cover severe dark circles
- Creases slightly within 1-2 hours of application (but eventually sets)
- Looks cakey if powdered or over-applied

BOTTOM LINE:
As close to HG as I've found so far. Will repurchase unless I come across an equally non-drying and natural-looking alternative with fuller coverage and zero creasing, but I'm not holding my breath for that.

(This review is cross-posted from the Effacernes Waterproof listing, which appears to be the same product.)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2013 12:57:00 AM More reviews by calimoonchild

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I cannot live without this product. I have two strikes against me: I have very deep-set eyes, and genetic dark circles. AND I have natural discoloration around my eyes- my eyelids are naturally more darkly pigmented and it makes me look really tired. Thus, I use this product under my eyes, and on my eyelids to correct the discoloration. This is the ONLY product I have tried that works- covering the eyelid discoloration is a bonus, but the undereyes are the real purpose and it is the Rolls Royce at that, as far as I am concerned.

I have used it for at least 7 years and it has never let me down. It is FABULOUS. It can be a bit tricky to work with- my best tips are to tap it on and let it set a few seconds while you tap it onto the other eye area. Then go back and blend. Let it set about a minute and look in the mirror again. If you need, do a second coat- I often need a second coat and this stuff presents NO problem with that. It is very layerable. Also- I do all my application of this with my fingers- seems to work best with this product. It will literally cover just about anything around your eyes.

It is thick, so a little goes a long way. 1 tube last me about a year- no lie. And I apply it daily.

One thing to be sure about: it is ONLY meant for around your eyes. Don't use it on other parts of your face- it is not oil-free, and it might break you out. I didn't know this before I had a consultation with a Lancome makeup artist, after I'd been using it for years.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2013 2:26:00 PM More reviews by mervesen

It is a nice concealer with a pink undertone (I am using #1) for hiding dark circles. Also it is a long lasting product which I am using for one and a half year. I have a darkness problem inner corner of my eyes hence I am using it also on my eye lids. The biggest problem is that since area of my eyes is a bit oily, the product become a line on my lid after a certain time. 3-4 years ago I was using Loreal concealers and according to their performance, there is no such a huge difference between them except moneywise. After finishing I would like to try another brand.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2013 6:00:00 PM More reviews by shazzar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm quite surprised at the high rating for this (currently 4.1). I have quite dark undereye circles and this does nothing for them at all. The texture is creamy and moisturising but is way too sheer and doesn't last at all, maybe 2 hours.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2013 3:52:00 AM More reviews by blairpeony

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I really like this concealer. It is great in covering my dark circles. They are completely gone once I put this on.It is amazing how much it brightens my eyes.I really like the texture this concealer has- it is creamy (not runny) and very pigmented.And the best thing is you only need a tiny amount for your eyes so I think it's worth it. I was even lucky enough to buy it on a 25% sale but I would definitely repurchase once it's gone.Doesn't do a lot for my blemishes but will cover any redness around my mouth.Doesn't crease.
I would definitely recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2013 4:38:00 AM More reviews by ultrasensitive888

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this product in light bisque to cover a dark age spot on my face. This formulation is creamy, pigmented with medium coverage requiring a small amount for this application in combination with Lancome Dual Finish powder foundation to set this concealer. I use a wedge sponge to apply / cover and then blend out with my fingers and it covers like skin since this color is a good match for me. It goes on smooth, not cakey and is buildable. But after a couple of hours, it does slightly fade and a shadow of the age spot is visible. I have tried other high end concealers but this one seems most natural and works best for me. It is expensive but I usually time my purchase during gift with purchase event. It is worth a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2013 8:41:00 PM More reviews by breeolvera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use this concealer in two ways:
1. Under foundation to conceal redness or pimples.
2. On top of foundation too highlight under eyes and cheek bones.
Coverage is medium.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2013 5:13:00 PM More reviews by blondbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been seceretly pining over this for years finnaly managed to try this in 01 beige pastel I thought it pull to dark on me either be to pink or to orange but this was a perfect match for my nc10/15 porcelaine skin it comes in a tube which I find is better then a click pen its more Hygienic and atleast you can tell better when its about to run out ( I hate that) the coverage is medium to full and it covers my blue and purple cirlces with ease this is offiicially my hg concealer I love this..

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 5:06:00 AM More reviews by Nohinsara

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

In my opinion, the best under eye concealer on the market. Can be used to conceal just about anything and lasts all day. It's expensive, but a little bit goes a very long way.