Lancome Effacernes

4.1

Ingredients: water, cyclopentasiloxane, hydrogenated polyisobutene, sorbitan isostearate, propylene glycol, titanium dioxide, aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, ozokerite, hexylene glycol, urea, stearic acid, glycosaminoglycans, honey, tocopherol, sodium hyaluronate, silica, chamomilla recutita extract, aluminum hydroxide, magnesium sulfate, disodium edta, disodium stearoyl glutamate, centaurea cyanus extract, disteardemonium hectorite, polydihydroxyindole, acrylates copolymer, methylparaben, propylparaben, diazolidinyl urea. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides.

on 9/16/2013 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

A really disappointing concealer that definitely doesn't match the price. Coverage is good but unnatural, and particularly bad if you have dry skin because it both emphasises and increases dry patches (even when applied on top of a heavy moisteriser). If you don't need a thick concealer, save your money and get the Maybelline Dream Lumitouch instead.

Doesn't provide as much coverage as I'd like (I have severe dark circles!) and definitely doesn't last as long as it claims to (I go to work around noon and, by the time I'm leaving, around 7 PM, I take a look in the mirror and my dark circles are there, like I have no concealer on my face). For the price I paid, I expected a lot more. Once I'm done with this, I'm trying MAC Pro Longwear.

on 7/14/2013 8:15:00 AM

The absolute BEST concealer I've ever used! I don't wear full foundation, only concealer on the spots I need, so it's important that the concealer I use really works. It doesn't take much product to cover up any blemish or hyper-pigmentation.

on 7/12/2013 5:32:00 PM

PROS:
- Smooth, liquid consistency
- Non-drying when used over moisturizer
- Virtually invisible on skin (only a small amount is needed)
- Lasts 12+ hours with no primer or powder
- Good coverage for light to medium dark circles
- Brightens eye area without accentuating bags
- Also works on spots, around the nose, etc.
- Tube lasts 8-12+ months with daily use

CONS:
- Camouflages but does not completely cover severe dark circles
- Creases slightly within 1-2 hours of application (but eventually sets)
- Looks cakey if powdered or over-applied

BOTTOM LINE:
As close to HG as I've found so far. Will repurchase unless I come across an equally non-drying and natural-looking alternative with fuller coverage and zero creasing, but I'm not holding my breath for that.

(This review is cross-posted from the Effacernes Waterproof listing, which appears to be the same product.)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I cannot live without this product. I have two strikes against me: I have very deep-set eyes, and genetic dark circles. AND I have natural discoloration around my eyes- my eyelids are naturally more darkly pigmented and it makes me look really tired. Thus, I use this product under my eyes, and on my eyelids to correct the discoloration. This is the ONLY product I have tried that works- covering the eyelid discoloration is a bonus, but the undereyes are the real purpose and it is the Rolls Royce at that, as far as I am concerned.

I have used it for at least 7 years and it has never let me down. It is FABULOUS. It can be a bit tricky to work with- my best tips are to tap it on and let it set a few seconds while you tap it onto the other eye area. Then go back and blend. Let it set about a minute and look in the mirror again. If you need, do a second coat- I often need a second coat and this stuff presents NO problem with that. It is very layerable. Also- I do all my application of this with my fingers- seems to work best with this product. It will literally cover just about anything around your eyes.

It is thick, so a little goes a long way. 1 tube last me about a year- no lie. And I apply it daily.

One thing to be sure about: it is ONLY meant for around your eyes. Don't use it on other parts of your face- it is not oil-free, and it might break you out. I didn't know this before I had a consultation with a Lancome makeup artist, after I'd been using it for years.

on 7/3/2013 2:26:00 PM

It is a nice concealer with a pink undertone (I am using #1) for hiding dark circles. Also it is a long lasting product which I am using for one and a half year. I have a darkness problem inner corner of my eyes hence I am using it also on my eye lids. The biggest problem is that since area of my eyes is a bit oily, the product become a line on my lid after a certain time. 3-4 years ago I was using Loreal concealers and according to their performance, there is no such a huge difference between them except moneywise. After finishing I would like to try another brand.

on 5/25/2013 6:00:00 PM

I'm quite surprised at the high rating for this (currently 4.1). I have quite dark undereye circles and this does nothing for them at all. The texture is creamy and moisturising but is way too sheer and doesn't last at all, maybe 2 hours.

on 5/9/2013 3:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I really like this concealer. It is great in covering my dark circles. They are completely gone once I put this on.It is amazing how much it brightens my eyes.I really like the texture this concealer has- it is creamy (not runny) and very pigmented.And the best thing is you only need a tiny amount for your eyes so I think it's worth it. I was even lucky enough to buy it on a 25% sale but I would definitely repurchase once it's gone.Doesn't do a lot for my blemishes but will cover any redness around my mouth.Doesn't crease.
I would definitely recommend it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use this product in light bisque to cover a dark age spot on my face. This formulation is creamy, pigmented with medium coverage requiring a small amount for this application in combination with Lancome Dual Finish powder foundation to set this concealer. I use a wedge sponge to apply / cover and then blend out with my fingers and it covers like skin since this color is a good match for me. It goes on smooth, not cakey and is buildable. But after a couple of hours, it does slightly fade and a shadow of the age spot is visible. I have tried other high end concealers but this one seems most natural and works best for me. It is expensive but I usually time my purchase during gift with purchase event. It is worth a try.

on 4/6/2013 8:41:00 PM

I use this concealer in two ways:
1. Under foundation to conceal redness or pimples.
2. On top of foundation too highlight under eyes and cheek bones.
Coverage is medium.