April 23, 2014 | 1940 users online

Bronzers - Bobbi Brown - Bronzing Powder in Medium

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2009 1:29:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

I'm not a big fan of bronzer. I think it's too hard to get right, which is why I usually steer clear. But I've had good experiences with Bobbi Brown's line in the past since it's great with neutrals and flattering colors for yellow undertones.

This is a matte powder with zero shimmer or sheen, which I prefer, since it allows me to add highlighter if I want. The color is great: a warm tawny color with a hint of ruddiness, which makes sense since most people don't tan pure golden-brown, but there's a bit of red there too. Fortunately, this bronzer gets that sunburnt hint in there without going all orangey-terracotta or too red. It's also sheer enough so that you have great control over how bronzed you want to look. Super-pigmented bronzer is too hard for most people to work with and this isn't too dark either, despite how it looks in the pan. I think most people, except for the ultra-fair, can use this.

This creates a very believable tanned look when lightly swept over the high points of your face (forehead/temples, across the nose and cheekbones, chin) and blended, especially if you use a pinkish blush on the apples of your cheeks. But I probably won't repurchase. I don't like a tanned look and I really only wanted a bronzer to contour with; this is just too rosy-red to work for that purpose.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2009 3:28:00 AM More reviews by ouqtinvu

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really lucked out at the Cosmetic Company Outlet and found the BB bronzer in Medium. It is a very large compact - one half is the medium bronzer and the other half is her Peony blush. This combo set must be discontinued because I can't find it on the BB site - or anywhere else. I believe it was about $22. I am very fair skinned with dark hair and eyes and have never used a bronzer before. I'm amazed how good it looks - the bronzer leaves a brownish pink glow that looks very natural and if I want to bump up the color a bit more I add the blush lightly to the apples of my cheeks. VERY healthy looking - very natural looking - the colors are very intense in the compact but used with a light hand go on perfectly. I had no idea I could wear a product like this and obviously I'm very pleased with both the bronzer and the blush. I'm tempted to run back to the outlet and see if they still have it so I can put one away - but the truth is I need to use so little of this it will last me a long long time. To bad she doesn't make it in this configuration any more.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2009 11:44:00 PM More reviews by jenniferjanson

I'm very pale and I use this bronzer after I've applied Bobbi Brown's Med/Dark self tanning lotion on my face. This is a silky-smooth matte pressed powder that has a tiny tinge of red to it (according to B. Brown that makes it a more realistic bronzer). I apply it on my nose, across the bridge of my nose, my chin and under my chin. I no longer put it on my forehead as bronzers accentuates my wrinkles after a few hours. I did learn a neat trick from the cosmetic counter girl: upon swiping the brush in the powder, turn it upside down and use your fingertip to lightly tap the powder a little deeper into the brush. This eliminates streaking upon application. Now, to be honest, I don't think this is a must-have. You can get pretty much the same effect using a pressed powder darker than your skin tone. However, this will get you look you want, all the way.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2009 10:16:00 AM More reviews by chanel277

I m nc 30-35 and this was too light and too matte to be used as a bronzing powder so I used it as a regular pressed powder to set my foundation during the summer time.For me this formula is phenomenon but I realy hate true matte finish on my cheeks and also the pigmentation is very low for me.But if you like neutrals and natural make up this may be good for you as I said the formula of this powder is phenomenon

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2009 7:28:00 AM More reviews by mcgrath_987

i am so happy with this bronzer. no shimmer, no smell, and doesn´t turn me orange. it looks so natural and is perfect for getting a tanned look or for contouring cheeks. it also comes in a big compact with a big mirror.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2009 1:27:00 PM More reviews by GetLowxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my new favorite bronzer. I bought this based on the reviews here. In MAC, I'm an NW25 and usually wear Warm Sand or Beige in BB foundations. This bronzer makes my skin look flawless. It's the perfect color, a medium tan shade with no shimmer whatsoever. It looks very natural and is easy to apply and blend. I usually apply this bronzer with my MAC 180 buffer brush. I used to use Refined Golden from MAC as my HG bronzer but the shimmer in that product was too much for me and I wanted something that was natural. Glad I bought this stuff and will continue to repurchase if I ever run out--the compact is decently sized so there's enough in here for a while!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2008 2:43:00 PM More reviews by Lori_W

I have this bronzer in Natural, Medium and Dark.
Yes, I use them all! lol My go to shade is Medium and one of the very few products I have hit pan on.
I have dark hair, green eyes, medium to light complexion.
I can use this shade with a bronzer brush and use it for contouring.
When I do use the dark.. I use a softer blush brush with it.

Now that Bobbi is doing the customizable palettes.. I so wish they would also make the bronzer available in both the large for home use and in a smaller palette size so it could be customized for travel!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2008 12:59:00 PM More reviews by warfreakbaby

Nice bronzer for first timer. i thought i will never need a bronzer because im acidic and any makeup used on me turned darker/gray in color. but i was wrong. with this, it gives my face a contour and nice glow. this is my first bronzer and i love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2008 5:18:00 AM More reviews by mkhongms

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I first bought this bronzer as a natural blush - it works as blush for very clear skin. Fast forward 2 years and I could not use this as a blush anymore - it just looked like some dirt on my cheeks. Currently use this as my HG bronzer - on days when I want a rosy radiance, I apply a light layer all over my face. It instantly takes away the yellow (sallow) tones in my skin and makes me look like I spent some time in the morning sun. Apply too much and I will look like I have applied fake tan though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2008 12:57:00 PM More reviews by Lydia07

This bronzer isn't bad, I like the fact that it is matte. However, the color is a bit too red for me and I have to be careful when I apply that it goes on smooth and doesn't look too concentrated in certain areas. It is also quite pricey and hasn't lasted me very long. My favorite is still Cargo's matte bronzer which isn't quite as red, lasts slightly longer and is slightly cheaper.