Cover Girl Professional Loose Powder

3.5

on 4/29/2013 6:13:00 PM

Lid sucks! Anyway, just HAD to replace that hideous yellow stuff, that L.A. Colors calls "light" loose powder! YUCKO!!! This powder is just the right "light" color and it goes on smooth, lasting all day long! LOVIN' it so far! But, I don't get any sparkles or glitter at all! And, I guess I'm in the minority on that, as I sure wouldn't mind a bit of it! Oh, well! It works better than most loose powders, so I ain't complainin'! I don't use the puff that comes with this. I prefer a brush. Also, I get a slight Noxzema-like odor from this, but it isn't bad at all. I don't smell it at all once it's been applied. GREAT stuff!

on 4/23/2013 3:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

Overall, this is very good bang for buck.
The powder is very translucent, and doesn't really add any colour at all, which is perfect for me. I use this to set my makeup as a final step after I have everything on. It really extends the wear of my makeup, if I use the powder I know it's going to last all day.
The only drawbacks are the scent, which smells like my grandma, but I find that it doesn't linger, and the package. The lid is very rigid, and brittle, cracks easily, which is a bummer if you want to pack this powder for travel. However, the base of the package works well. The powder comes out easily, and the powder puff it comes with is actually very usable.

on 4/13/2013 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this product because I was looking for a loose powder, and since i frequently use Cover Girl products I decided to give this product a try. I'm fairly disappointed with the results, although it could just be my skin and not the product itself. I didn't like the fact that this product had fragrance in it that is very very strong. I think because of that my skin has been irritated and breaking out. On top of that, it doesn't last very long before I have to blot and touch up. I would reccomend this to someone who doesn't have sensitive and oily skin. On the bright side, I do like the finish of this powder, but it just didn't work for me.

on 3/23/2013 3:27:00 PM

This powder makes my face feel dry and powdery. It looks unnatural at first, but quickly comes off and my face becomes oily again. It's so messy because of the loose powder format.

on 3/5/2013 7:39:00 PM

Was pleasantly surprised at how great this powder is at controlling oily skin. I use the Revlon Whipped creme foundaiton in sand beige and chose Translucent Fair in the CG loose powder. I barely need to touch up....don't have to and this combination works great together....actually better than the rimmel pressed stay matte powder i was using previously.

I apply the powder with a brush instead of the puff all over my face eyelids, and it works great at controlling oil. I usually take off the top and sprinkle an amount into the cap and use my brush to swirl and apply on my skin. Shade works well and like the fact it is more yellow than pink. It also has that clean noxzema smell which I like and findly oddly comforting.

I think for my purse, not sure if i would trust the packaging won't open and spill out all over so i would probably purchase a compact in the buff beige which i find to be a similar shade in the compact pressed powder......strangely enough i find the pressed powder doesn't control oil as good as the loose powder which i find to be amazing.

Highly recommend especially for oily/combo skin gals.

on 3/2/2013 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Very briefly... I was impressed by the high quality, texture, and outcome of the powder itself.
I have tried several loose powder high end brands, MAC, Estee Lauder, Chanel. All of them had a sticky kind of sensation to them, like there were still some emulsifiers or binders in them. Not at all pleasant. I have oily skin so I need powder to set make up, not make it even more oily.

- The loose powder is high quality: keeps everything in place, no shimmer, no weird coloring.
- Dirt cheap... 6 dollars on Walmart
- It smells like old lady, which turns me off, but who cares...it's gone after 10 mins.
- The packaging is not the greatest, but at least it's easy to get it out. Had trouble with previous brands where powder wouldn't even come out.

Overall, if they changed the fragrance used in the powder... they would get more customers for sure.

on 2/9/2013 8:57:00 AM

this is the best and only powder I will ever use. I've used from high end to drug store and always come back to this! it smells like grandma make up but I love it! it works great on my oily/acne prone skin. holds everything in place and isn't shimmery.

on 1/10/2013 6:51:00 PM

Been using this for over thirty years now, yes count them. Whoa, dating myself here. Has the same CG (Noxema) scent that it did back in the early 1980s. However, it's the same great formula that keeps me looking flawless, oil-free and seems to make my pores disappear. Not crazy about the new packaging, but this is one of those classic products that still delivers on its promises.

on 12/30/2012 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Great powder, cheap so I use it tons. Lasts forever. Never noticed any "sparkle" to it like others say. Doesn't break me out. Packaging isn't great, always spills. . One of m fav products though !

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I really like this powder because it makes my skin look very smooth. I can apply as much layers as I want for more coverage and it doesn't look cakey. It is a little shimmery, but I don't think it is super noticeable when you put it on your face. The packaging is not that messy if you keep the puff that it comes with, it stops the powder from going all over the place. I apply this with an angled blush brush on top of my foundation and it makes my makeup look natural. This powder is really inexpensive and accessible, I definitely recommend it.

Recommended for Normal Skin