April 24, 2014 | 1076 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Neostrata - Smoothing Lotion - AHA 10

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2009 6:59:00 PM More reviews by kmeverson

I was extremely surprised by this product. I bought with some trepidation as I have extremely sensitive, but acne - prone skin. I have a bigger problem with acne as an adult than I ever had as a teenager. I worried that it would burn my skin, that it would cause my skin to really dry out and flake, or just be unusable due to the sensitive nature of my skin.

I was pleasantly surprised. There is a slight tingling/burning sensation when you apply the lotion, but it goes away quickly. The lotion is fast absorbing and has no color or fragrance (it does smell a little like glue). I didn't notice a big change within 3 days to a week like other reviewers. It took about three weeks. But - after three weeks, I've noticed much less congestions and much fewer to almost no acne. I can't effectively speak to how it works on fine lines/wrinkles as I really don't have any yet even though I'm almost 38.

I didn't have any excessive dryness or peeling and my skin wasn't sensitive to it. I absolutely cannot believe how well this has worked and it had virtually no side effects (except the slight tingle after application). Will definitely rebuy. I absolutely recommend to my friends.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2009 2:02:00 AM More reviews by Ayakochan

I've been using this product for a few weeks now and I have noticed a visible difference of my skin. To my utter delight, my face feels smoother and softer than it ever has before. I bought this product upon the recommendation of a drug store counter lady and I'm glad I took her advice. Not only did it help with the texture of my skin but it has stopped the occasional pimple that my face is prone to.

The product absorbs really well into my skin and is definitely non oily as promised. I have combination skin and it seems to help with my oily T zone and does not dry out my cheeks. I like how the formula is not overly liquid or thick.

Now because of the glycolic acid, some burning sensations are expected. I knew of this already and additionally the counter lady had warned me beforehand. It was a little painful for the first couple of times I used it but this burning goes away very quickly and the pay off is definitely worth it. My only advice is that you shouldn't go overboard with this product. You can use it every day and twice a day initially if your skin is really bad but after that try using it every other day or even less in conjunction with another gentle and non-comedogenic moisturizer.

I will most certainly re-purchase this product because of its effectiveness. It is not cheap but for something with 10% AHA and actually works, I believe it is a good buy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2009 3:55:00 AM More reviews by dioraddict84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this product! I was skeptical at first about exfoliation lotions but it exceeded my expectations. My skin went through different stages which was normal, it felt dry but it was flaking and exfoliating. Now my skin feels baby soft and that's how I can tell that this lotion made a difference. I highly recommend this to anyone.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2009 9:20:00 PM More reviews by shinyb

I live in Canada and bought the Oil Free version since I have oily/combination skin. I've been using this lotion for about 3 days now, and I just noticed a lot of these small little bumps which I fear are about to sprout as full-out pimples, I also am starting to get it all over the cheeks.
I'm super bummed 'cuz I thought this would actually work especially after all the rave reviews I saw on MUA.
So I just wanna know if this is normal for the first few days, and if they will clear up and then this product can start working its wonders with my scars and stuff.....PLEASE if someone has been through the same experience as I let me know! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2009 5:11:00 PM More reviews by strawberrysky

Leaves skin feeling so smooth, soft and clear. Evens out skintone and texture. Fantastic product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2009 5:47:00 PM More reviews by Shakeitdontbreakit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have used this lotion for years at times when I need some serious results (winter) without all the B.S.
It's not cheap, but compared to a trip to the dermatologist, or the other comparable products, it's a steal.
I've wasted a lot (A LOT) more cash on products that don't work at all. Along with good moisture retention, this lotion successfully exfoliates in no time with regular use. I usually use it every other day alternating with body oil.
A quality product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2008 11:09:00 AM More reviews by magginine

I have used this in the past on and off and not realized how great it was. Now that I'm getting older (38) and noticing a loss of elasticity and a dullness to my skin along with recent hormonal breakouts that have left some nasty scars, I decided to give this product another try. After just 3 days, it's made a remarkable difference. My skin is glowing, smoother looking and best of all, the scars are fading. It does sting when you put it on, which I don't mind because it lets me know it's working and the sensation doesn't last too long. It doesn't smell too great but that's ok too it's not a terrible scent and how it works is much more important than how "pretty" it smells. The fact that it has spf is a big bonus and I've been using it morning and night. I think it might be HG for me. A little more time and we'll see.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2008 6:20:00 PM More reviews by Ilse333

Miracle product. I recently decamped from PTR's Glycolic Acid Hydrating Gel to this and much to my delight, it is cheaper and more effective. It's been about a month and my skin is beautifully smooth, even-toned and close to flawless. :) Recurrent problem areas on my chin are finally gone for the first time in eons.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2008 7:10:00 PM More reviews by auralyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have only been using this product for three days but I am VERY impressed. My face feels amazing to touch, can't believe how smooth my skin is. It is fading old acne marks and I had this huge cystic pimple on the back of my neck and they usually take weeks to go away and it is nearly gone! The stuff stings like crazy and I nearly want to wash it off, but apparently that will go away as my skin gets used to it.
By morning there is no redness or rash though so it is just doing its job. Will see how it goes, so I have only given it 4 stars, but if it continues to work like this it will get 5 in a few weeks.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2008 8:51:00 AM More reviews by karyn35

This stuff is AMAZING! I wish I had found it sooner! I use the Ultra Smoothing Lotion nightly and it has done wonders to decongest and smooth my skin. This has vastly improved the texture and appearance of my skin. I have struggled with adult acne for years, and this has been the only product that I've found that has almost eliminated my acne. I still get small pimples occasionally, but nothing like the big cysts I used to have. I have very sensitive skin, but I have tolerated this product well. The first week or so it tingled a little when I put it on, but now I'm very used to it. As a side effect, this stuff has also cleared up the dermatitis I had on my hands. It is packaged with enough product to last a long time. I've been using it for five months and I still have plenty left. Would highly recommend this product to anyone with problem skin! This is definitely a HG product for me.