August 22, 2014 | 951 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Neostrata - Smoothing Lotion - AHA 10

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2009 11:06:00 AM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

I am using the oil free pump bottle version of this. I have been using it for a few weeks now and it's really making a difference in my skin. At first I had some slight breakouts but nothing major, after the first few days the breakout was gone and I have not had one since. My skin is smooth, super soft and the redness/scarring that was on my cheeks has faded significantly. I have not gotten a single blemish since the initial breakout, I will get the beginnings of a pimple and then when I apply this product at night (I only apply it at night) it goes away completely. It does not make my oily skin any worse (or better, it's the same). I am using this product at night after I apply Body Shop Tea tree oil toner, I am no longer using any other products to combat my acne. Would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2009 1:27:00 PM More reviews by vanitygal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very impressed with this product after 1st week of application.

****************************************
EDIT:

OMG i was just washing my face in the bathroom i have not felt my skin feel smooth in last 15 years....I LOVE THIS PRODUCT....WOW....IT MAKES MY SKIN SO SMOOTH.....INCREDIBLE...I CANT HELP TOUCHING MY SKIN, MAKES IT SOOOOOOOO unbelievably SMOOTH!!!

instead of dreading to look at the state of my skin in the mirror in the mornings i actually look forward to seeng how much my skin has cleared up now, and it keeps my skin from gettng oily during the day.

NEVER experienced this with any facial/product,/ treatment . green peel,,micro dermabrasion..light therapy..and high end skin care lines....(.which have all burned a hole in my pocket..).....i am astonished and marvelled with this product....WOW....i am so excited i am goin to investigate further into other neostrata products.

**********************************************************************

I have had some success from other high strength AHA creams that were prescribed by my dermatologist in the past- However, those ones stung like crzy upon application, which caused great discomfort and took several LONg minutes to subside. The texture was no good to adhering to my foundation, ...............essentially it was a pain to apply,,and gradually i was perturbed.

Thats why i have been eager to write a comment, commending the merits of this lotion.

This is my first neostrata product, and i am soooo impressed. There is a mild sting, but i would say it is only a slight bite, and subsides very very quickly, totally bareable for the effectiveness this product delivers.

Absorbs fast, translucent colour, texture is easy to work with, and works wonderfully under makeup, as it leaves a matt surface and controls oil production as well. Virtually undetectable, dare i say even makes the make up stay put too...so works as a good matifying primer too.

I think this is rather cheap for a 10% AHA lotion...and esp one that works!!! i bought mine for approx $40 aud @ chemist warehouse.

It has helped keep my skin smooth, due to unclogging pores, and my skin no longer looks congested like before its use. I think it helps prevent new pimples from rearing their ugly heads, and keeps me shine free and pretty matt.

I use to use retin A to get my pores unclogged, however there was the ugly flaking that would happen, whilst i have not experienced any flaking with this product, and safer than retin A for those whom wish to conceive / get pregnant.

I cant wait to try out Neostratas other products, and once my skin adapts to this 10% i will try the 15%.

If you are an acne sufferer i do recommend this product, as i genuinely belive lotion exfoliators are a great ally to any benzolyl/acne treamtent regimen. esp when ur skin is too raw for mechanical granule scrubs.

But if you have sensitive skin best to use this every second night untill skin develops tolerance. Or,,,,if ur skin reacts badly like mine use to towards similar products ...try diluting with QV cream or Cetaphil lotion, or cream from Avene line,,,,(Avene have some great creams 4 sensitive skin ) just some cream that is good for sensitive skin and states "non comodogenic.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2009 8:20:00 AM More reviews by elchan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a really good lotion. best ive tried by far. at the beggining of the year i broke out REALLY bad, like i never have before, and once they cleared up, ive been stuck with scars. since using this product (probebly been about 3-4 weeks now) my scars are finally fading. cant really comment on it smoothing my skin, because ive fortunetly got really smooth feeling skin anyway. for the people complaining its breaking them out, stick with it. its apparently SUPPOSED to break you out the first couple of weeks (for some people even longer) because its getting all the crap outa your skin. its bringing it all to the surface. but dont worry, it will go away. im waiting to see if it will do anything for some open pores i have on my cheeks now. dont know if it will, but others are saying they saw a difference with it.
will definetly buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2009 11:42:00 AM More reviews by Delizzie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow, when people said it left their skin soft I assumed that came with regular use, but I have just applied this lotion for the very first time and as soon as it dried my skin felt...almost silky. Gorawww...haha. Seriously tho, the consistency is thin and light, which is great because a small amount goes a long way ( I did my whole body with two walnut sized amounts). My only gripe is the price, $47?!? Knowing that there are comparable products for around $10 out there (aqua glycolic, vaseline..) bites a little..unfortunately those products do not range here in Australia. Still a good product and I will update after using it for a bit longer.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2009 10:04:00 PM More reviews by bbBearBear

I am reviewing the oil free, no spf one. The pump is great. Like many other reviewers, I have acne-prone skin. This is a miracle. My forehead is completely clear with occasional small pimps around my hair line. I use the level one on my cheeks, and this level 3 on my forehead, nose and chin. It doesn't help with my blackhead unfortunately. But I find I don't need to scrub as often after using this (decreased from twice to once per week). I don't feel any burning senstaion. Because I've been suffering from acne since teenage years, I used many different medicines to treat it. My forehead is left in bad condition: scars, rough, uneven texture, large visible pores, fine lines. After using it twice a day for 3 weeks, the roughness and visible pores are gone. I still had some small pimps flaring up on my T zone. After 4 weeks, pimps and scars are all gone. Skin texture greatly improved and fine lines are gone. Now I have the confidence to pull all my hair back in a pony tail. I reduced my application to once per day and uses Body Shop Tea Tree oil lotion at night. Hopefully, this way my face won't get used to the 10% so quick. I would recommend this to everyone who is suffering from acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2009 6:59:00 PM More reviews by kmeverson

I was extremely surprised by this product. I bought with some trepidation as I have extremely sensitive, but acne - prone skin. I have a bigger problem with acne as an adult than I ever had as a teenager. I worried that it would burn my skin, that it would cause my skin to really dry out and flake, or just be unusable due to the sensitive nature of my skin.

I was pleasantly surprised. There is a slight tingling/burning sensation when you apply the lotion, but it goes away quickly. The lotion is fast absorbing and has no color or fragrance (it does smell a little like glue). I didn't notice a big change within 3 days to a week like other reviewers. It took about three weeks. But - after three weeks, I've noticed much less congestions and much fewer to almost no acne. I can't effectively speak to how it works on fine lines/wrinkles as I really don't have any yet even though I'm almost 38.

I didn't have any excessive dryness or peeling and my skin wasn't sensitive to it. I absolutely cannot believe how well this has worked and it had virtually no side effects (except the slight tingle after application). Will definitely rebuy. I absolutely recommend to my friends.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2009 2:02:00 AM More reviews by Ayakochan

I've been using this product for a few weeks now and I have noticed a visible difference of my skin. To my utter delight, my face feels smoother and softer than it ever has before. I bought this product upon the recommendation of a drug store counter lady and I'm glad I took her advice. Not only did it help with the texture of my skin but it has stopped the occasional pimple that my face is prone to.

The product absorbs really well into my skin and is definitely non oily as promised. I have combination skin and it seems to help with my oily T zone and does not dry out my cheeks. I like how the formula is not overly liquid or thick.

Now because of the glycolic acid, some burning sensations are expected. I knew of this already and additionally the counter lady had warned me beforehand. It was a little painful for the first couple of times I used it but this burning goes away very quickly and the pay off is definitely worth it. My only advice is that you shouldn't go overboard with this product. You can use it every day and twice a day initially if your skin is really bad but after that try using it every other day or even less in conjunction with another gentle and non-comedogenic moisturizer.

I will most certainly re-purchase this product because of its effectiveness. It is not cheap but for something with 10% AHA and actually works, I believe it is a good buy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2009 3:55:00 AM More reviews by dioraddict84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this product! I was skeptical at first about exfoliation lotions but it exceeded my expectations. My skin went through different stages which was normal, it felt dry but it was flaking and exfoliating. Now my skin feels baby soft and that's how I can tell that this lotion made a difference. I highly recommend this to anyone.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2009 9:20:00 PM More reviews by shinyb

I live in Canada and bought the Oil Free version since I have oily/combination skin. I've been using this lotion for about 3 days now, and I just noticed a lot of these small little bumps which I fear are about to sprout as full-out pimples, I also am starting to get it all over the cheeks.
I'm super bummed 'cuz I thought this would actually work especially after all the rave reviews I saw on MUA.
So I just wanna know if this is normal for the first few days, and if they will clear up and then this product can start working its wonders with my scars and stuff.....PLEASE if someone has been through the same experience as I let me know! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2009 5:11:00 PM More reviews by strawberrysky

Leaves skin feeling so smooth, soft and clear. Evens out skintone and texture. Fantastic product.