Giorgio Armani High Precision Retouch

4.4

AQUA/WATER,CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE, SORBITAN ISOSTEARATE,GLYCERIN,PROPYLENE GLYCOL,ALUMINA,OZOKERITE,TOCOPHEROL, PHENOXYETHANOL,MAGNESIUM SULFATE,SILICA,ACRYLATES COPOLYMER,DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE,DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE,METHYLPARABEN,BUTYLPARABEN,ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE.[+/- CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE,CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES,MICA]

on 9/17/2012 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I'm so sold on this! I've been a die hard Cle de Peau concealer fan ever since I first tried it a few years ago but this really outshines the CdP, especially for dark circles. Seriously, my under eye area looks flawless and even on my best day I've never said that. It just blows my mind. My dark circles aren't extreme but because I'm so pale they really stand out and it's enough to bother me. I have pretty bad allergies and chronic insomnia... so these circles aren't going anywhere. The CdP does a good job but the thicker, creamy texture just doesn't compare to the beautifully thin, silky consistency of this one. It blends in like a dream and it only takes me a few seconds to tap it into place. I worked a lot more at warming up and blending the CdP and now I've shaved off so much time. Awhile ago I had tested this on my hand and couldn't figure out why everyone loved it so much. I think the color range looked odd to me and so I just forgot about it. But I received a sample after my last GA purchase and I was floored at how amazing it was and I ended up buying it the next day.

No. 1 works perfectly on me and matches my skin tone well. For reference I'm Ivory in CdP concealer, No. 2 in Armani LSF, Porcelain in Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer, 200 in MUFE Duo Mat Powder Foundation. I love the hint of shimmer or light reflecting particles. Whatever you want to call it-- it's gorgeous, subtle, and brightening. I'm leery of shimmer for under eye concealers but this is very refined and doesn't look like "shimmer" in the traditional sense of the word. The thin texture reminds me of foundation but it does conceal well and it stays put more so than a thin foundation. It has a nice silicone type of slip to it that's easy to work with but that doesn't disappear by the end of the day. I wouldn't call this a heavy duty concealer but for under eye circles I think it's amazing. For me it's better than the CdP, better than YSL Touche Eclat, better than LM Secret Camouflage. I don't have blemishes or spots so I can't attest to its powers for concealing anything like that.

I dab a little to the back of my hand and then use either my fingers or a concealer brush to apply it rather than using the tiny brush directly on my face. It melts into my skin in a few seconds and feels comfortable. A tiny bit goes a really long way, especially given how thin this is, so don't be put off by the small tube. Packaging is a sleek tube with a transparent strip down the center so you can see the amount of product inside. No discernible scent and no irritation on my sensitive skin and eye area.

It's nice not to feel self-concious about my dark circles anymore. I can't recommend this enough! It's an absolute love for me.

on 8/14/2012 6:17:00 PM

Holy Grail! I was amazed when I used this the first time, I read a lot of reviews and sort of imagined it was all hype. I was pleasantly surprised, it glides on flawlessly atop my foundation, is so perfect for retouching throughout the day (hence the name I guess.) I I am blonde and a fair-medium skin tone and #3 is a perfect match for me, at first it looked to dark, but as you start blending it evens out to a lovely highlight.

on 6/1/2012 10:27:00 AM

I think this is an ok concealer. Considering the reviews, I was expecting it to knock my socks off and it didn't. :( My favorite concealer is currently Estee Lauder Double Wear layered over Bobbie Brown Corrector in Bisque.

I have really bad dark circles. I need something that does the job. But even using both of those products together, I still have some darkness under my eyes, so I'm always looking for something better.

on 3/30/2012 10:59:00 AM

LOVE IT! very liquidy but highly pigmented. i dont now how it works but it does work wonders for my undereye area.

(nc 25-30, and i use #3 for my undereyes)

this is one of thoose products that makes putting on make up fun in the morning, and not just a necessary time-consuming evil ;)

on 10/9/2011 12:51:00 AM

This is an amazing concealer. In addition to the great coverage, one of my favorite things about this concealer is it's not thick and heavy so it does not cake/crease throughout the day. It feels very natural.

on 8/8/2011 9:46:00 PM

HG. Where has this been all my life?? The only thing with incredible coverage that doesn't crease or LOOK like makeup.

on 6/12/2011 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Silver, Curly, Coarse

Worth the money, but I only use it for special occasions because it is very expensive.

WHEN IT'S WORTH THE MONEY: Occasions when you need perfect, spot-on, very targetted concealing eg member of a bridal party, or other situations when the spotlight is on you (not all of us like it, but this helps you cope) eg job interview, important meeting, (and I HATE THIS, but it is true) whenever you might be judged on your appearance, or someone is making a speed dial type of decision and you may need to look younger than you really are..

Then you need the applicator (the best I have ever found) to erase lines, hide scars, conceal acne pits, redness etc. with a foundation with good holding power, no flecks, no shine.

Good luck to you if you ever find yourself in the situations above...this concealer will give you the extra edge to feel confident and immaculate.

on 5/22/2011 6:40:00 PM

I bought this concealer because of almost (!) perfect match to my skin. I say almost, as i've given up to find the ideal match. My skin is very fair, the undereye circles is kind of blueish and i need quite an intensive pigment to cover them. I used Estee Lauder concealer in Light, which has good coverage but looked a bit rosy under my eyes, sort of unnatural. Armani concealer has a lighter texture, maybe not as great at covering as EL, but its pigment difuses somehow the blue cirlces. I use nr. 3. It's slightly yellowish-beige(?), but surprisingly, it looks natural on my skin with slight rosy undertone. And it even moisturises somewhat.
The great thing about it is that it looks natural on the skin without "highlighting" the area under the eyes or darkening it. just the shade of the skin!
The bad thing -- it creases during the day, but it probably owes to wrinkles under my eyes:(((...and i don't beleieve in non-creasing concealers, unless it is applied on an even papersheet that noone touches:)))

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is absolutely my favorite concealer! It is easy to apply, and a little bit goes a long way. It is actually easy to use too much before you're used to it. I find that this covers amazingly, but does not give you the look of wearing concealer, just a brighter under-eye area. It looks incredibly natural. It never looks cakey and does not settle into fine lines. I have it in shade 3 and it is a perfect match. Although it is quite expensive, I would definitely buy it again. A good concealer is very important to me, and as I said, a little bit goes a long way, so I anticipate that it will last a long time!

on 4/15/2011 12:29:00 PM

Wow! I love, love, love this concealer. It is really a fabulous product. It is a very liquidy consistence which is great because you can layer it and layer it, depending on the coverage you need, and it NEVER gets cakey. At first I had a hard time applying it and getting it to blend properly and realized it was because I was using a BRUSH. I switch to the Sephora red Multi-Purpose sponge and it goes on beautifully...you cannot tell you have any product on your face. First I dab it on the area that needs coverage and then i blot/blend into my skin. A tiny bit goes a long way so this may SEEM pricey, it really isnt' because it lasts so long. Honestly I would pay any price for this. Believe it or not, an even BETTER product is teh Georgio Armani Master Corrector in Pink. It's my HG and I have tried hundreds of different products. I would even buy the master corrector before the concealer.

Top Rated Giorgio Armani Products