Giorgio Armani High Precision Retouch

4.4

AQUA/WATER,CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE, SORBITAN ISOSTEARATE,GLYCERIN,PROPYLENE GLYCOL,ALUMINA,OZOKERITE,TOCOPHEROL, PHENOXYETHANOL,MAGNESIUM SULFATE,SILICA,ACRYLATES COPOLYMER,DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE,DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE,METHYLPARABEN,BUTYLPARABEN,ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE.[+/- CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE,CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES,MICA]

on 10/20/2012 7:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This concealer has completely blown me away. Even at 46 yrs of age I am a less is more kind of girl. While there is some darkness and fine lines under eye, I do not believe in lengthy concealer procedures.Excessive use of Concealer brushes, even fingers under the thinnest skin on one's face just doesn't seem like a great idea. I will never mess around with layers of color-correcter things, then foundation, then concealer. That seems like overkill, IMO.

That said, pretty much the only thing I have used in the last 10 yrs has been YSL Eclat. Still a very good brightener, illuminator. I will probably keep that in my arsenal as well. But the extra darkness I notice of late has bothered me so I went hunting and testing.

But this here little tube is a GODSEND for literally removing the dark. I don't use the applicater- I gently tap with ring finger only from inner corner to about a third of the way out. No settling in fine lines. They got this just right! The perfect balance of moisture and coverage for a very tricky area. I am Nc 42-44 and am loving this in 3.5. Makes for a seamless non-made up look with my favorite foundations and for real natural days works well with just foundation primer. This is definitely worth checking out!

on 10/14/2012 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I....really didn't like this. I had such high hopes...but really....this did nothing for me.
-the coverage was not good at all. my dark circles showed right through this concealer.
-the concealer is very liquidy and kind of shiny, which has a way of making my bags look even worse.
-I have trouble getting this concealer to go where I want it to because the liquid builds up too much on the applicator, and this concealer is just overall really hard to apply.
-It's very good at not looking cakey, but that's just because it's not thick enough to even cover the dark circles in the first place.

I am just so confused right now. I don't understand why a product with such amazing reviews worked so crappily for me....

on 10/6/2012 3:35:00 AM

I'm a guy, and this concealer is the ONLY one I know that looks like skin and removes dark circles at the same time. So far no one has been able to tell I have makeup on, and the product is VERY effective in removing my undereye circles. It leaves my eyes look bright and beautifull. I'm very happy with this product! I love it! THANKS MUA

on 9/17/2012 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I'm so sold on this! I've been a die hard Cle de Peau concealer fan ever since I first tried it a few years ago but this really outshines the CdP, especially for dark circles. Seriously, my under eye area looks flawless and even on my best day I've never said that. It just blows my mind. My dark circles aren't extreme but because I'm so pale they really stand out and it's enough to bother me. I have pretty bad allergies and chronic insomnia... so these circles aren't going anywhere. The CdP does a good job but the thicker, creamy texture just doesn't compare to the beautifully thin, silky consistency of this one. It blends in like a dream and it only takes me a few seconds to tap it into place. I worked a lot more at warming up and blending the CdP and now I've shaved off so much time. Awhile ago I had tested this on my hand and couldn't figure out why everyone loved it so much. I think the color range looked odd to me and so I just forgot about it. But I received a sample after my last GA purchase and I was floored at how amazing it was and I ended up buying it the next day.

No. 1 works perfectly on me and matches my skin tone well. For reference I'm Ivory in CdP concealer, No. 2 in Armani LSF, Porcelain in Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer, 200 in MUFE Duo Mat Powder Foundation. I love the hint of shimmer or light reflecting particles. Whatever you want to call it-- it's gorgeous, subtle, and brightening. I'm leery of shimmer for under eye concealers but this is very refined and doesn't look like "shimmer" in the traditional sense of the word. The thin texture reminds me of foundation but it does conceal well and it stays put more so than a thin foundation. It has a nice silicone type of slip to it that's easy to work with but that doesn't disappear by the end of the day. I wouldn't call this a heavy duty concealer but for under eye circles I think it's amazing. For me it's better than the CdP, better than YSL Touche Eclat, better than LM Secret Camouflage. I don't have blemishes or spots so I can't attest to its powers for concealing anything like that.

I dab a little to the back of my hand and then use either my fingers or a concealer brush to apply it rather than using the tiny brush directly on my face. It melts into my skin in a few seconds and feels comfortable. A tiny bit goes a really long way, especially given how thin this is, so don't be put off by the small tube. Packaging is a sleek tube with a transparent strip down the center so you can see the amount of product inside. No discernible scent and no irritation on my sensitive skin and eye area.

It's nice not to feel self-concious about my dark circles anymore. I can't recommend this enough! It's an absolute love for me.

on 8/14/2012 6:17:00 PM

Holy Grail! I was amazed when I used this the first time, I read a lot of reviews and sort of imagined it was all hype. I was pleasantly surprised, it glides on flawlessly atop my foundation, is so perfect for retouching throughout the day (hence the name I guess.) I I am blonde and a fair-medium skin tone and #3 is a perfect match for me, at first it looked to dark, but as you start blending it evens out to a lovely highlight.

on 6/1/2012 10:27:00 AM

I think this is an ok concealer. Considering the reviews, I was expecting it to knock my socks off and it didn't. :( My favorite concealer is currently Estee Lauder Double Wear layered over Bobbie Brown Corrector in Bisque.

I have really bad dark circles. I need something that does the job. But even using both of those products together, I still have some darkness under my eyes, so I'm always looking for something better.

on 3/30/2012 10:59:00 AM

LOVE IT! very liquidy but highly pigmented. i dont now how it works but it does work wonders for my undereye area.

(nc 25-30, and i use #3 for my undereyes)

this is one of thoose products that makes putting on make up fun in the morning, and not just a necessary time-consuming evil ;)

on 10/9/2011 12:51:00 AM

This is an amazing concealer. In addition to the great coverage, one of my favorite things about this concealer is it's not thick and heavy so it does not cake/crease throughout the day. It feels very natural.

on 8/8/2011 9:46:00 PM

HG. Where has this been all my life?? The only thing with incredible coverage that doesn't crease or LOOK like makeup.

on 6/12/2011 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Silver, Curly, Coarse

Worth the money, but I only use it for special occasions because it is very expensive.

WHEN IT'S WORTH THE MONEY: Occasions when you need perfect, spot-on, very targetted concealing eg member of a bridal party, or other situations when the spotlight is on you (not all of us like it, but this helps you cope) eg job interview, important meeting, (and I HATE THIS, but it is true) whenever you might be judged on your appearance, or someone is making a speed dial type of decision and you may need to look younger than you really are..

Then you need the applicator (the best I have ever found) to erase lines, hide scars, conceal acne pits, redness etc. with a foundation with good holding power, no flecks, no shine.

Good luck to you if you ever find yourself in the situations above...this concealer will give you the extra edge to feel confident and immaculate.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

MAC Prolongwear vs Armani High Precision Concealer. WHICH IS YOURS? by Anna Boroshok

Top Rated Giorgio Armani Products